• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After further review that may be a bullshit twitter account

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few issues still in the way of Romo coming to the Broncos...

1) They have been very adamant that they will not trade for Romo. Jerry from the sound of it isn't looking to cut Romo any time soon. This is a bit of a game of chicken going on between Jerry and Elway and well Elway has shown he doesn't move once he has dug his feet in. Elway won't wait around long since he has FA plans to get done.

2) Contract. There will be teams that offer Rom more than the Broncos. How much of a pay cut is he willing to take to be a Denver Bronco?

3) From what I have gathered Romo is more of a Vance Joseph want than an Elway want. I think Elway still has a desire to get Paxton Lynch on the field and get him some more experience. So is Elway willing to cave more towards his coach when in the past that hasn't always been the case.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few issues still in the way of Romo coming to the Broncos...

1) They have been very adamant that they will not trade for Romo. Jerry from the sound of it isn't looking to cut Romo any time soon. This is a bit of a game of chicken going on between Jerry and Elway and well Elway has shown he doesn't move once he has dug his feet in. Elway won't wait around long since he has FA plans to get done.

2) Contract. There will be teams that offer Rom more than the Broncos. How much of a pay cut is he willing to take to be a Denver Bronco?

3) From what I have gathered Romo is more of a Vance Joseph want than an Elway want. I think Elway still has a desire to get Paxton Lynch on the field and get him some more experience. So is Elway willing to cave more towards his coach when in the past that hasn't always been the case.
#1....Romo will be released and there will be no trade with any team
#2....Houston,Denver and heard he could be interested in KC .Nobody else need bother. Delay won't get in bid war.
# 3.....BWAAAAA!!!!!!! Let me guess...inside source. That is funny shit buddy.
If Romo comes to Denver, if Trevor or Lynch starts game one or if either is traded, it will most certainly be JE or McCoys influence that dictate that. Not Joseph. That's laughable.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have alot of needs that 2/3's of league also need. Plus all the cap space many many teams have this year . I think JE and company should try and bolster our OL/DL in FA. we should go BPA at 20 and draft TE and RB in RD 2 or 3 and just go with Lynch and Trevor in 17. Do a Vet QB in 18 if neither QB shows enough growth.

Romo is a stupid idea right now imo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2....Houston,Denver and heard he could be interested in KC .Nobody else need bother. Delay won't get in bid war.
If Romo comes to Denver, if Trevor or Lynch starts game one or if either is traded, it will most certainly be JE or McCoys influence that dictate that. Not Joseph. That's laughable.

#3 was actually on roto world yesterday as speculation. Not sure if that is where Carl got it or not but in fairness to him it was published.

At the end of the day, yes. If Romo comes to Denver it will fall on a decision by Elway. But Joseph has his opinion and Elway I am sure will listen to his head coach and go from there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have alot of needs that 2/3's of league also need. Plus all the cap space many many teams have this year . I think JE and company should try and bolster our OL/DL in FA. we should go BPA at 20 and draft TE and RB in RD 2 or 3 and just go with Lynch and Trevor in 17. Do a Vet QB in 18 if neither QB shows enough growth.

Romo is a stupid idea right now imo.

Curious... Not saying you're wrong, but why is Romo a dumb idea right now?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1--Yes I agree he will be released. Doesn't mean the Cowboys won't still try to hold off and get a trade partner. Jerry is one of the more ego driven Owners in the entire league so I wouldn't put anything past him. In the end though yes he will be released. The question for the Broncos is how long will they wait around. The only player I have ever seen Elway show patience with is Manning.

#2--Yes there are probably limited teams that Romo is actually willing to go to. Doesn't mean other teams with lots more cap space won't make higher bids just to see if money could entice him to sign up. Every player says they want to go player for a winner but once money gets involved no telling what can happen. Wouldn't shock me if a bottom feeding team offered him $18 million a year where we only offer $10 million. Are you really willing to give up that $8 million a year just to go play for a winner? We will see.

#3--I don't get why you have to be a jerk in these conversations man. Plenty of places have written about this very thing but hey that is what happens when you read on the team and look for information. Local radio guys have said the same thing I just posted that you had to make fun of. National media reports have said the same thing. Local reports. Not like this is some hidden thing that the Broncos are trying to cover up. All it takes is 5 seconds on google to see the information.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1--Yes I agree he will be released. Doesn't mean the Cowboys won't still try to hold off and get a trade partner. Jerry is one of the more ego driven Owners in the entire league so I wouldn't put anything past him. In the end though yes he will be released. The question for the Broncos is how long will they wait around. The only player I have ever seen Elway show patience with is Manning.

#2--Yes there are probably limited teams that Romo is actually willing to go to. Doesn't mean other teams with lots more cap space won't make higher bids just to see if money could entice him to sign up. Every player says they want to go player for a winner but once money gets involved no telling what can happen. Wouldn't shock me if a bottom feeding team offered him $18 million a year where we only offer $10 million. Are you really willing to give up that $8 million a year just to go play for a winner? We will see.

#3--I don't get why you have to be a jerk in these conversations man. Plenty of places have written about this very thing but hey that is what happens when you read on the team and look for information. Local radio guys have said the same thing I just posted that you had to make fun of. National media reports have said the same thing. Local reports. Not like this is some hidden thing that the Broncos are trying to cover up. All it takes is 5 seconds on google to see the information.

Well...finally the show drops.

DAL was never going to get a trade partner....this is only fair to Romo.

NOW...he makes complete sense for the Broncos imo.

It'll be a interesting FA period for sure.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No waiting for June 1st apparently. Jerry gave a list to Romo of places he "can't sign" in exchange for early release. Jerry must really like Romo.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is like family to Jerry Jones. This doesn't really surprise me. I'm sure they have a handshake deal on where Tony "can't" go. Talk radio in Denver keeps referencing Houston as a non-contender in the Romo sweepstakes, since Jerry doesn't want him to be on another state of Texas team. Jerry wants to make sure everyone knows that he owns Texas. Interesting theory but I'm not so sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Jerry wants to pay him his full contract or Romo doesn't take a paycut then Jerry may not have a lot of say where he goes.

This is a business, sometimes you have to do what is best for your team and your friends.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...finally the show drops.

DAL was never going to get a trade partner....this is only fair to Romo.

NOW...he makes complete sense for the Broncos imo.

It'll be a interesting FA period for sure.

Yeah I know the Broncos have a Romo plan for FA and a non-Romo plan depending what happens. Ian Rappaport just put out that Romo is planning on being like Manning and taking his time to make the decision. That to me will be the biggest hold up from the Broncos signing him. Part of their non-Romo plan includes guys that will sign in the first couple of days.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know the Broncos have a Romo plan for FA and a non-Romo plan depending what happens. Ian Rappaport just put out that Romo is planning on being like Manning and taking his time to make the decision. That to me will be the biggest hold up from the Broncos signing him. Part of their non-Romo plan includes guys that will sign in the first couple of days.

Let me guess. "inside info"

;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess. "inside info"

;)

Haha well of course. I mean nobody puts anything on the internet of people the Bronocs are wanting to pursue like Calais Campbell, Ronald Leary, T.J. Lang. All guys expected to get a deal done very quickly into FA.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is what does Romo cost?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Jerry wants to pay him his full contract or Romo doesn't take a paycut then Jerry may not have a lot of say where he goes.

This is a business, sometimes you have to do what is best for your team and your friends.

But I'm sure Romo respects Jerry just as much as Jerry does to him. Obviously business is business but I'm not sure Tony is just waiting to screw the guy who took a chance on him and made him his #1 guy his entire career.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While there may be a few more teams interested in Romo outside of HOU and DEN...imo those are his best options if he wants to play in the postseason on his way out...for a hot minute I thought NYJ were in the mix, but they seem to be in recoil mode dumping vet players.

I have no clue what the non-Romo plan might be, but he immediately makes them a favorite in the DIV imo which will still be a tough one this season. Obviously they would need to figure out the OL situation with a guy like Romo behind center even more so.