• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Riley Dixon will give up his #9 for Romo?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo didn't really have a great dallas line until 3 years ago, and yes he got injured in two of those years but feel like you gotta take that chance imo if you want to utilize that defense we have.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this team better with Romo for 8 and Lynch for 8 or Seimian for 16?

I don't know. I guess it really depends on the development of Lynch.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thrilled but I am glad to see they only seem prepared to go after him if the Cowboys release him. I'd have hated to see the Broncos pay up in a trade.
The Broncos will most likely need to trade for Romo. I doubt that Jerry would just release him.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will most likely need to trade for Romo. I doubt that Jerry would just release him.

Everything I've heard and read points toward a post June 1st release. That way the Boys can spread the cap hit over 2 seasons.

I don't think Romo would bring back much in a trade. Everyone knows Dallas needs to be rid of him...not a strong position to trade from.

No one wants him at his current contract. There would have to be a massive restructure.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've heard and read points toward a post June 1st release. That way the Boys can spread the cap hit over 2 seasons.

I don't think Romo would bring back much in a trade. Everyone knows Dallas needs to be rid of him...not a strong position to trade from.
According to Jerry, Romo gives the Cowboys a safety net at QB should Prescott falter.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jerry, Romo gives the Cowboys a safety net at QB should Prescott falter.

I've also heard that he likes Romo and will try to please him and his wishes to be a starter somewhere else. I really can't see a scenario in which Romo stays in Dallas as a very expensive backup.

I guess you never know with Jerry...

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams know jerry isn't going to keep romo on the roster at his contract, and romo isn't going to renegotiate to be a backup. Jerry has no leverage.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously, but that is also a damn expensive backup plan. Money is a factor in sports.
The starter is dirt cheap so it kinda balances out. I still don't think Romo stays in Dallas unless he restructures to a much lower cap number.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that isn't discussed a whole lot regarding Romo's injury history is how will her fare with a whole season to get healthy under his belt. He led one drive in 2016, but other than that he's been holding a clipboard and probably as healthy now as he's been in the last 3-4 years. I highly doubt the Broncos will trade for Romo, but I'm still not ruling out that trade for Joe Thomas, with or without signing Romo. But signing Romo means you almost have to make that trade for Thomas and that's going to make for a tight cap situation very quickly.

Fascinating times.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of Thomas

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also heard that he likes Romo and will try to please him and his wishes to be a starter somewhere else. I really can't see a scenario in which Romo stays in Dallas as a very expensive backup.

I guess you never know with Jerry...

With this ....you do know exactly what Jerry will do.
I honestly believe Jerry wanted another ring more for Romo than he did for himself.

That said, Jerry will do whatever Tony Romo says he wants to do. And I have no doubt in my mind that Romo has a serious chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

And Jerry has a very big pocket book incentive to let Romo play somewhere else. I think it's a done deal Romo is moving on but I think Jerry is just keeping his hand on the chess piece until it's time to move it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will release Romo for all the reasons that have been reported today and for like forever. Houston seems like most logical landing spot with Denver a decent 2nd. Besides all " football " logic, Mrs. Romo is expecting again and staying in Texas without disrupting family situation could play pretty heavy in his decision. If Tony doesn't end up in either of those two places, I'll be very surprised. Shopping list is short......Serious contender, strong D, good O line ( pass pro a must ( seriously hurts Denver unless upgrades are promised ) and climate. He ain't going somewhere like Buffalo. ;) Oz is out in Houston unless he restructures ( not ) or some stupid team trades for him or the HC does a total reversal and gives Oz a confidence vote. Either that or Oz will be the highest paid backup in NFL this year. :)