• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With science, 31 isn't old any longer.

Consider the ages of some current NFL QBs:

Brady - 39 (40 in Aug)
Brees - 38
Rivers - 35 (36 in Dec)
Big Ben - 35
Rodgers - 33 (34 in Dec)
Ryan - 32

Most folks believe that all/most of these guys have at least a few good years left. 31 is nowhere near being at the end of your career for many QBs. With Cousins you also have to consider the fact that he rarely gets hurt & didn't play that much early in his career so he should still have a lot left in the tank.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider the ages of some current NFL QBs:

Brady - 39 (40 in Aug)
Brees - 38
Rivers - 35 (36 in Dec)
Big Ben - 35
Rodgers - 33 (34 in Dec)
Ryan - 32

Most folks believe that all/most of these guys have at least a few good years left. 31 is nowhere near being at the end of your career for many QBs. With Cousins you also have to consider the fact that he rarely gets hurt & didn't play that much early in his career so he should still have a lot left in the tank.
Good post. In this era where Qbs can't get hit anymore, 29-30 isn't old at all. KC's age isn't an issue.

Cousins is:
--6 months younger than Matt Stafford
--only 3 months older than Russell Wilson
--only 9 months older than Cam Newton

When the 2018 season kicks off, check out these ages:
Andrew.Luck will be 29
Cam Newton will be 29
Russell Wilson will be 29
Bradford will be 30
A. Dalton will be 30
Kirk Cousins will be 30
Stafford will be 30
Ryan will be 33
Flacco will be 33
Rodgers will be 34
A.Smith will be 34
Roethlisberger will be 36
Rivers will be 36
E.Manning will be 37
Palmer will be 38
Brees will be 39
Brady will be 40

When the 2018 season kicks off, MORE THAN HALF of the starters in the NFL will be 29 or older and Cousins will be on the young end of that group.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. In this era where Qbs can't get hit anymore, 29-30 isn't old at all. KC's age isn't an issue.

Cousins is:

Andrew.Luck will be 29
Cam Newton will be 29
Bradford will be 30
A. Dalton will be 30
Kirk Cousins will be 30
Stafford will be 30
Ryan will be 33
Flacco will be 33
Rodgers will be 34
A.Smith will be 34
Rivers will be 36
E.Manning will be 37
Palmer will be 38
Brees will be 39
Brady will be 40

When the 2018 season kicks off, MORE THAN HALF of the starters in the NFL will be 29 or older and Cousins will be on the young end of that group.

Good one & great pt about QBs not being hit anymore. Just think about how much longer someone like McMahon would have been able to play under the current rules. He was basically thrown around like a rag doll during his time w/ the Bears. Very likely could have resulted in another title or two for the Bears.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins is:

Andrew.Luck will be 29
Cam Newton will be 29
Bradford will be 30
A. Dalton will be 30
Kirk Cousins will be 30
Stafford will be 30
Ryan will be 33
Flacco will be 33
Rodgers will be 34
A.Smith will be 34
Rivers will be 36
E.Manning will be 37
Palmer will be 38
Brees will be 39
Brady will be 40

So is it safe to say, you are hoping Dan and Bruce continue to screw this up and you end up with a new Cousins in San Fran??

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one & great pt about QBs not being hit anymore. Just think about how much longer someone like McMahon would have been able to play under the current rules. He was basically thrown around like a rag doll during his time w/ the Bears. Very likely could have resulted in another title or two for the Bears.
Amen. It's what so many of the younger football fans don't understand. Now, the rules protecting Qbs are ridiculous. They can throw the ball away at the drop of a hat. You can't hit one below the thigh or above the shoulder. Can't lead with your head. If your helmet touches his, it's a penalty. Can't launch/leap into the QB. Can't pick them up or drive them into the ground with your weight. All of that was allowed back in the 70's and 80's.

Today, it's no big deal for QBs to attempt 45 passer per game. That didn't happen in the 80's b/c the QB would be injured before the season was over. Hits that injured/knocked-out guys like Montana, Fouts, McMahon, and Aikman would draw penalties and suspensions today. Back then, a QB could only throw the ball away to avoid a sack if he had a receiver in the area--he couldn't just chuck the ball into the stands like the rules allow today. Guys like McMahon and Montana had injuries cost them more than one SuperBowl.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed from your perspective, mine and others.

Disagree from the perspective of the organization. In fact their newly minted hire Doug Williams said so. Give me a second and I'll give you the quote.

who cares what the organization thinks ? i dont. they knew it was BS too or BA wouldnt have thrown anybody under a bus

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it safe to say, you are hoping Dan and Bruce continue to screw this up and you end up with a new Cousins in San Fran??
Yes and no. I am not sold on Cousins as a great Qb. However, his last 2 seasons show he can be a very good QB. That's why I hope Bryce Alan and little Danny keep screwing this up b/c I'd much rather the Niners sign a very good QB in FA, when all it costs is a portion of our copious cap space, than have to spend a top 5 draft pick on one. If we miss on Cousins this offseason, fine, we'll take the draft gamble in a Qb-rich draft, but I'd rather sign the guy who has already shown he can play at a high level in the NFL.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I am not sold on Cousins as a great Qb. However, his last 2 seasons show he can be a very good QB. That's why I hope Bryce Alan and little Danny keep screwing this up b/c I'd much rather the Niners sign a very good QB in FA, when all it costs is a portion of our copious cap space, than have to spend a top 5 draft pick on one. If we miss on Cousins this offseason, fine, we'll take the draft gamble in a Qb-rich draft, but I'd rather sign the guy who has already shown he can play at a high level in the NFL.
Hmmm.....any interest in becoming the next GM of the Washington Redskins? :D Because that sure is a logical approach, something that is sorely lacking around here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best course of action. Unfortunately I don't see this waiting until January. As soon as KC has even just a mediocre game, the deans' of this board will go wild with the "i told you so" and "see, I was right" reigniting the entire debate.
oh that will happen for sure , TC starts in 6 days (actually 7 as far as practice ) and i am waiting to post skins practice videos and presser 's on practice

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we trade you for a few of our fans?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There probably were discussions. Sure, the May 2 contract likely came up. But apparently the sides were too far apart to where KCs camp was even willing to discuss it seriously enough to write a number on a sheet of paper and slide it across the desk. They have said nothing that makes me believe they desperately wanted a LTD, it was all just a smokescreen IMO.

And for the millionth time.. plenty of blame on the FO. Yes, BA royally screwed it up, rolled the dice the last couple of years and lost. But it is laughable to think that the KC camp is beckoning for a LTD.

Now, I have a question for you (and any other). If Kirk truly wanted to be a Skin, why wouldn't he counter offer or at least give BA the Magic number?? What does he have to lose from that? He has everything to gain, either the money he is looking for, or at the very least, something he can take to the media saying he tried.

And I don't want to hear about being insulted by the May 2 offer, or the offer before that, or the offer(s) last offseason as a reason. That's a complete copout. As Stymie said, that's how negotiations work, this is business, nothing personal as some of you claim.

you think that didnt happen during the course of several meetings since may 2 ?(i will leave his tag number offer alone as they stated it was a starting point that you have amnesia about ) is that what you and others are saying VT . you want to sell us that BS ? and you believe that BS ?

why make the counter offer at all ? we just saw BA throw him under the bus with a BS offer and you dont think he would have done it again with KC's counter offer ? you are high as a GA pine

and i know why you want a counter offer as well . you want to classify him as greedy with whatever counter offer he came back with so you can sell the narrative he is greedy . when no counter offer was made public (public being the key here ) you guys push the narrative he doesnt want to be here even though he agreed to terms twice before and BA killed it

now if he doesnt want to be here now i can totally see it by the way BA released the statement

i do remember this , when burgundy blog posted the skins offered 65 mil GTD and he supposedly countered with 95mil GTD what did you and dean and others do ? you crucified him and that was a false story !!!!

and you think he would give a public counter offer so you can do the same thing ? we know why you abc's want that holy grail of the counter offer and it has nothing to do with anything other then you missed an opportunity to call him greedy

you guys clamored for the release of the skins offer , and when it was a turd , another talking point you have bit the dust

he never was offered a fair deal and i am willing to bet a Luck deal would have done it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best course of action. Unfortunately I don't see this waiting until January. As soon as KC has even just a mediocre game, the deans' of this board will go wild with the "i told you so" and "see, I was right" reigniting the entire debate.

You are absolutely right j_y. Each game will be vindication for someone. We all did it last year and we will do it again. I don't care who is right if the team wins. That is the part I do not get. A win trumps me saying "hey, I was right." Some here don't get that.

You can also bet your last dollar that once a guy gets paid some folks are going to be harder on his ass depending on whether you like the guy or not.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely right j_y. Each game will be vindication for someone. We all did it last year and we will do it again. I don't care who is right if the team wins. That is the part I do not get. A win trumps me saying "hey, I was right." Some here don't get that.

You can also bet your last dollar that once a guy gets paid some folks are going to be harder on his ass depending on whether you like the guy or not.

Amen to that! I just want the team to do well - period. Don't really give a crap about the name on the back of the jersey. Heck - I back Cousins 100%, but if he goes elsewhere I really won't give a crap about him (just like I don't currently care @ RG3). HTTR - here's to a good upcoming season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polian, Some of the transcript from a Sirius show

Redskins Home

"Kirk Cousins never has to work another day in his life if he chooses not to," Polian said. "Now, he's a very smart guy. I'm certain he invested his money wisely. I'm certain he'll invest this money wisely and so he's on easy street. Anything he does from here is really a bonus. It may be a gigantic bonus but nonetheless a bonus because what's the purpose of a job if not to feed your family? That's the first purpose of a job and he's achieved that and he's achieved it in spades. So in a very real sense, he is playing literally playing with house money. What does he have to lose?" This would make it seem as though the Redskins are on the negative side of this equation, but Pollian is quick to dismiss them making a mistake in this process.

"They have gotten the quarterback at market rate. The only thing they haven't gotten is a long-term deal," Polian said. "Long-term deals carry with them risk, even for quarterbacks who play a long time. So, they assumed no risk. Other than the immediate risk, which they would assume under any circumstances anyway because the first time a veteran player signs his contract or actually when he makes the team, his contract's guaranteed for skill and injury anyway. So, the bottom line is they've assumed no real risk at the cost of a market rate contract. So, the Redskins haven't lost anything."

The cap's going to go up, it's not debilitating and he [Cousins] may say, 'bring it on, now I'll take care of my great-grandchildren,'" Polian said. "So, this is truly a win-win. The only thing that hasn't happened is that the touchy feely part of it: 'Oh, they haven't respected him.' 'They haven't given him the chance to be a real leader.' You know all that malarkey that surrounds these contract negotiations is not there.

"It may be that they transition tag him, sign, match and trade and you know, you can't put poison pills in anymore," he added. "So if they clear cap space, at which Bruce Allen has no peer when it comes to dealing with the salary cap. He's the expert of experts and he understands the football part of it too, which is rare for cap people. The bottom line is, do they clear cap space, match and then, create a trade, which would give them the value of the services that Kirk has put in for them? That's the one I'm going to be watching. The offseason negotiations are the one that I'm going to keep a close eye on because I think there's a lot that the Redskins can do, and there are going to be decisions that the Cousins Camp has to make. But in the meantime, noone's hurt, everybody's doing well."

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think that didnt happen during the course of several meetings since may 2 ?(i will leave his tag number offer alone as they stated it was a starting point that you have amnesia about ) is that what you and others are saying VT . you want to sell us that BS ? and you believe that BS ?

why make the counter offer at all ? we just saw BA throw him under the bus with a BS offer and you dont think he would have done it again with KC's counter offer ? you are high as a GA pine

and i know why you want a counter offer as well . you want to classify him as greedy with whatever counter offer he came back with so you can sell the narrative he is greedy . when no counter offer was made public (public being the key here ) you guys push the narrative he doesnt want to be here even though he agreed to terms twice before and BA killed it

now if he doesnt want to be here now i can totally see it by the way BA released the statement

i do remember this , when burgundy blog posted the skins offered 65 mil GTD and he supposedly countered with 95mil GTD what did you and dean and others do ? you crucified him and that was a false story !!!!

and you think he would give a public counter offer so you can do the same thing ? we know why you abc's want that holy grail of the counter offer and it has nothing to do with anything other then you missed an opportunity to call him greedy

you guys clamored for the release of the skins offer , and when it was a turd , another talking point you have bit the dust

he never was offered a fair deal and i am willing to bet a Luck deal would have done it

I didn't think about the previous rumor of KC's demand. That is a good point. Maybe that was his counter proposal to Bruce's BS offer. My numbers I said were close to those. I said KC should counter with 150 mil for five years which is 30 mil a year and 100 mil guaranteed.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not gonna continue to defend my position. Some of us are clearly two worlds apart on this.

I'm NOT a KC hater, I THINK he is a pretty good/not great QB, I DON'T think he wants to be a Skin LT, I DON'T believe he is worth the money he wants. I AM a Redskins fan, and I THINK there is plenty of blame on both sides. That's all.

Now, what's done is done. Chances are fairly decent we are gonna lose Cousins, so now what you have to decide is if you are going to continue to support this team or follow KC to SF, Cleveland, Calgary, or wherever the hell he ends up.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you two personnel guys and now a former player in Cooley who said KC should have countered.
Just read a report where Eric Schaffer admitted that they did counter (WaPo reporting it). He said there were numerous rounds of numbers going back and forth for the last few months. SO, that puts an end to this argument.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is giving the FO a free pass. Of course its their fault. A lot of people felt that KC should of countered and made it public to show Redskins fans, Allen, and Synder that he wanted to be here long term on his contract terms. If you think he didnt have to counter that is fine. Im just showing you some people disagree.
How many are "a lot"?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is the FO total and complete failure there is no LTD . none on KC

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna continue to defend my position. Some of us are clearly two worlds apart on this.

I'm NOT a KC hater, I THINK he is a pretty good/not great QB, I DON'T think he wants to be a Skin LT, I DON'T believe he is worth the money he wants. I AM a Redskins fan, and I THINK there is plenty of blame on both sides. That's all.

Now, what's done is done. Chances are fairly decent we are gonna lose Cousins, so now what you have to decide is if you are going to continue to support this team or follow KC to SF, Cleveland, Calgary, or wherever the hell he ends up.
Just what did KC's camp do, or not do, to put this team in this position? How are they culpable? Please provide facts, not opinions.