• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riddick Video is the best

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Dean, your Bias is showing. You believe every word that comes out of Bruce Allens mouth. But Kirk is obviously full of it in saying, hey I would have taken a real offer if it was fair. But a one year extension disguised as a six year contract.... wasnt really going to cut it.

not believe BA at all. I think both parties were bulllshiting.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Assess the organization" Lol. Player speak for, "I don't want to be here long term, but hey, if they gonna pay me $24 mill for this year, then I'll take it..I have no choice..., can't wait to get the fuck out of here though!"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my sticky thread for 7/18 i said even though it was a long shot i felt the deal would get done . i have freely admitted that and also said i can accept the shit that comes with it . geez dean i was wrong about the signing , feel better now ? here i will say it again , i was wrong about it , in fact let me make a sticky thread about it so you dont misunderstand

but the reason you still catch hell about your "prediction " which most people thought anyway , was you leave the FO blameless. its 100% their fault and has been for 3 years

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Assess the organization" Lol. Player speak for, "I don't want to be here long term, but hey, if they gonna pay me $24 mill for this year, then I'll take it..I have no choice..., can't wait to get the fuck out of here though!"
You may be right. Can you blame him? The President doesn't even know his first name. Or does he?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't say that & you know it. Your bias is showing. He received pretty much of an insulting LTD & as a result didn't present a counter offer - why should he have? Let's say you apply for a job & expect/ask for $150K/year. If the prospective employer comes back & says OK we will give you $60k/year are you going to counter or simply walk away? That is basically what happened in this situation.

It is not Cousins' fault that the Redskins keep offering all of these crazy tags. Like they say "shit or get off the pot". They are the ones who need to make up their minds - do they want him or not. You want to spin it to make it Cousins' fault great, but we now see that you are - by a landslide - in the minority on this one.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say that & you know it. Your bias is showing. He received pretty much of an insulting LTD & as a result didn't present a counter offer - why should he have? Let's say you apply for a job & expect/ask for $150K/year. If the prospective employer comes back & says OK we will give you $60k/year are you going to counter or simply walk away? That is basically what happened in this situation.

It is not Cousins' fault that the Redskins keep offering all of these crazy tags. Like they say "shit or get off the pot". They are the ones who need to make up their minds - do they want him or not. You want to spin it to make it Cousins' fault great, but we now see that you are - by a landslide - in the minority on this one.

No..not saying it's Cousins fault. A good share of the fault lies within the FO. But some of the blame is on the KC camp...because....

Even though he didn't say that, it's probably true. His agent is coaching him well. He is saying (or not saying) all of the right things. Kudos for him for keeping it more low key and professional than BA. But just because he doesn't publicly say something doesn't mean doesn't have his eyes on the door. He is perfectly fine playing on the tag for another year, and that's ok. He wants to have his cake and eat it too next offseason. He wants to cash in like a bandit AND hopefully play where he wants on the meantime. Great job by him and his camp to ge one step closer to that, while making himself look good at it.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Kc would have not signed a fair offer if offered.

Outsider's view here, which I'm sure you guys don't want/need any more of at this point...

But did they ever offer him anything close to a fair offer? And how long do you expect him to wait for that to come?

Assess the organization? More like assess if these assholes really want me here.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perspective | Seriously, why does Bruce Allen call Kirk Cousins ‘Kurt’?

Wow - anti-Redskins sentiment by the media and fans is in full effect today. Just a terrible PR job by this organization. If you don't want to extend him - fine - but don't slander the QB (just like they did a short while ago w/ the GM & no doubt will do to someone else in the near future). Amazing - they just never learn.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outsider's view here, which I'm sure you guys don't want/need any more of at this point...

But did they ever offer him anything close to a fair offer? And how long do you expect him to wait for that to come?

Assess the organization? More like assess if these assholes really want me here.

I guess that depends what you call fair? $52 million fully guaranteed, on a 5 year deal certainly seems like a fair place to start. Is it a lowball offer..yes.

If we would have offered this back in February before we put the tag on him, decent chance he signs. But he is looking for closer to $75 million fully gtd today.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that depends what you call fair? $52 million fully guaranteed, on a 5 year deal certainly seems like a fair place to start. Is it a lowball offer..yes.

If we would have offered this back in February before we put the tag on him, decent chance he signs. But he is looking for closer to $75 million fully gtd today.

Offering him a guarantee that is peanuts (relatively speaking) more than he'd get just playing on the tags isn't the kind of offer that speaks to any level of appreciation of the player.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winner! Winner! Winner!

And no, they never made him anything close to a fair offer. In 2 years. Its not about KC wanting to be here. As you have summized, its about the FO not wanting KC here. He is a visible reminder to their biggest fuck up ever (RG3). And there have been many.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which he should. All that they basically did was give him the guaranteed money that they would give him next offseason. No QB or agent in their rt mind would accept or even consider that - it is insulting. Maybe Cousins could have countered, but it was quite obvious to the Redskins that they were not taking that deal. All that they add to do was up the guaranteed money & then most likely some serious discussions would have followed. The hidden msg in that is that at least some in the FO are basically saying that they don't think much of Cousins (hope they enjoy having McCoy or some other crappy QB running the offense).

I totally side with Cousins on this one.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying you were right about Cousin's not signing is like saying you ate tuna fish at the tuna fish luncheon. Almost all of us ate tuna fish. The guy that predicted there would be a tuna fish luncheon was shark. He said it a long time ago, he stuck by and he called the press conference that Bruce would have. Game! Set! Match!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly my point. At least you know what that really means. These guys don't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Few key points,

1. It was actually $52M on a five year extension. Which in reality would have made it $52M on a six year deal.

2. That $52M included the $24M they already agreed to pay him on this year. So it was really only $28M in new money on a five year extension.

3. It only guaranteed 2017 and 2018, and was apparently configured in such a way as the team could cut him outright in 2019 with no negative impact on the team. Or more importantly, they could trade him going into 2018 and have another team take on the $28M. So the deal was setup so that Bruce could easily slide out of it and hand pick his next QB.

Now from a team standpoint that would be great. But I can see as to where Kirk would balk because no way do you want to be locked into a contract where Bruce could deal you to Siberia easily with no recourse but to retire.

Lastly, this was offered in May, and short of something more than a one year extension disguised as a six year deal, Bruce and company never really made an effort to sign him long term.

Aside from that.. .carry on.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. At least you know what that really means. These guys don't.

What that really means? lol. You mean Cousins basically stating that he doesn't want to take a deal that would only guarantee him the money that at a minimum he gets from the Redskins next offseason as a starting pt? Is that your point? Why in the hell would/should any player have to respond to something that insulting? I guess that the rest of us "just don't get it". To make you feel better "Yes - you were right - you are always right - you are a football guru". Feel better?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this claim by BA that KC's camp never responded to their offer from May.....what a bunch of BS. You telling me that in all of these reported "positive talks"that were occurring since may, Allen never said "hey, what do you think about that offer we presented?" Come on, Bruce, stop blowing smoke. Who, in their right mind (Dean excluded) could ever believe that it played out like Bruce is trying to paint it?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandt sums the sitch up well imo