• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Heat Trying to Trade Chalmers, Birdman

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all for trading Birdman - lets face it - his best days are as done as Diva Wade’s . Chalmers can be on and off at times - so, trading him would not be all too smart if you arent certain you can keep Dragic - and unless you are certain of the young guys you have at backup - as well as what you would get in return for these guys.

All of this is being done of course to accomodate over-paying for Diva Wade which is just stupid

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all for trading Birdman - lets face it - his best days are as done as Diva Wade’s . Chalmers can be on and off at times - so, trading him would not be all too smart if you arent certain you can keep Dragic - and unless you are certain of the young guys you have at backup - as well as what you would get in return for these guys.

All of this is being done of course to accomodate over-paying for Diva Wade which is just stupid

I'm very anti extending Wade long term right now.
I'm all for losing Bird and Chalmers if that's all it takes to keep him.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are they are trying to trade one if not both, if they can just trade one , get rid of Birdman only

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are they are trying to trade one if not both, if they can just trade one , get rid of Birdman only

I'd say get rid of Chalmers. Birdman can give you 10 minutes off the bench. Chalmers has always been inconsistent and has been relegated to an undersized bench 2-guard.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of both and ask Haslem to retire. They are wasted $$. I dont want to overpay Wade which is what it looks like we will end up doing, but if getting rid of Birdman and Chalmers keeps Wade here then so be it. As long as we are able to resign Dragic, Whiteside and have some $$ for next year. If we let Wade walk, our chances of bringing in any superstar player will be shot. We are a team that preaches loyalty and such and if we cant take care of our franchise player, why would anyone else ever want to play here and expect to play for anything less than what they can get.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of both and ask Haslem to retire. They are wasted $$. I dont want to overpay Wade which is what it looks like we will end up doing, but if getting rid of Birdman and Chalmers keeps Wade here then so be it. As long as we are able to resign Dragic, Whiteside and have some $$ for next year. If we let Wade walk, our chances of bringing in any superstar player will be shot. We are a team that preaches loyalty and such and if we cant take care of our franchise player, why would anyone else ever want to play here and expect to play for anything less than what they can get.

That's the thing.
Only Wade and the Heat know if there was truly a sacrifice made vs a later date arrangement.

I'm questioning why Wade feels the need to 'negotiate' through social media.
And, allowing his kid to post stuff on his behalf would really piss me off if I was Riley/Arison.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade made his sacrfice for the team in order to bring in CB and Queen James - since then, the Heat have sacrificed more than enough to satisfy the Diva Wade - Under NO circumstances should it work that way.

Diva doesnt run the team - doesnt own the team - didnt put the franchise together back in 88. He is just one of the many players who has come through this organization and made a name for himself thanks to the coaching staff and front office turning him into the player he was until he turned into a washed up diva.

The Heat have sacrificed enough for Diva and to put rings on his fingers - now its time for him to take one for the team again - the team can no longer take one for him - he just isnt worth it that much anymore.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Haslem, rest assured the Heat wont ask him to retire - no reason to - limited as he may be, UD does the dirty work to help the team that some other players, like your boy Diva Wade are now even less willing to do. UD has at least another year in him.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Haslem wants to play then fine, but he is making too much $4 for a guy who sits on the bench. Fix his contract.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Haslem wants to play then fine, but he is making too much $4 for a guy who sits on the bench. Fix his contract.

I believe U.D. opted out last year and took less in an effort to try to add a player for James.
He's near the end. Let him keep his 4M this year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go figure. Just like your boy Diva is making too much to SIT OUT games and act like a pussy all the time. He needs to fix his contract more so or just be glad with what he is making. Which really he is just getting overpaid at this point.

As Turnup pointed out, UD opted out last season - he is the true heat lifer sacrificing for the Heat on and off the court.