• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Misc News & Info

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good quotes from Su'a from Michael Phillips...

Cravens will train with former Steelers and Redskins safety Ryan Clark this offseason, which he said he’s doing in part because Landon Collins of the New York Giants trains with Clark, and Cravens views Collins as a young player he’d like to emulate.

“I think I can be a great safety,” Cravens said. “I proved I covered tight ends pretty well this year, I think I can play in the box, and I can also cover the deep third. I don’t know why people get confused if I can or I can’t, but it’s just motivation to show people what I can do.”

He said he doesn’t have a target weight to play safety at (he fluctuated from 215 to 230 pounds this year), but wants to stay big enough that he can take on players on the line when he needs to.

Cravens said he’d prefer to play the strong safety role for that reason, so he can be a playmaker on running plays as well as passes.

In that regard, he said his time as a linebacker should be helpful down the road.

“It definitely helped just to know the entire landscape of the defense, seeing what everybody has to do and their responsibilities,” Cravens said.

That work took its toll on the rookie, though, who admitted that the 20-game NFL season, including preseason, was more of a grind than he expected coming from USC.

He said safety DeAngelo Hall helped stay on him and keep him focused as the season wound down.

“It wasn’t the physical part that was hard, it was the mental part,” Cravens said. “When the mental’s not right, that’s when injuries occur, and that’s what happened to me.

“Counting the preseason you’ve got a lot of games, so we’ve got to just stay focused and be mature about it. We’ve got a job to do, and I’ll be better next year.”

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Mike Pettine into the DC mix

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. :lol:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pettine seems to be the guy we can be the guy we need from a discipline standpoint

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good quotes from Su'a from Michael Phillips...

Cravens will train with former Steelers and Redskins safety Ryan Clark this offseason, which he said he’s doing in part because Landon Collins of the New York Giants trains with Clark, and Cravens views Collins as a young player he’d like to emulate.

“I think I can be a great safety,” Cravens said. “I proved I covered tight ends pretty well this year, I think I can play in the box, and I can also cover the deep third. I don’t know why people get confused if I can or I can’t, but it’s just motivation to show people what I can do.”

He said he doesn’t have a target weight to play safety at (he fluctuated from 215 to 230 pounds this year), but wants to stay big enough that he can take on players on the line when he needs to.

Cravens said he’d prefer to play the strong safety role for that reason, so he can be a playmaker on running plays as well as passes.

In that regard, he said his time as a linebacker should be helpful down the road.

“It definitely helped just to know the entire landscape of the defense, seeing what everybody has to do and their responsibilities,” Cravens said.

That work took its toll on the rookie, though, who admitted that the 20-game NFL season, including preseason, was more of a grind than he expected coming from USC.

He said safety DeAngelo Hall helped stay on him and keep him focused as the season wound down.

“It wasn’t the physical part that was hard, it was the mental part,” Cravens said. “When the mental’s not right, that’s when injuries occur, and that’s what happened to me.

“Counting the preseason you’ve got a lot of games, so we’ve got to just stay focused and be mature about it. We’ve got a job to do, and I’ll be better next year.”

LOL he only played 11 games in the regular season. Hopefully he will play 20 next year, he looked like he had some talent when he was on the field.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Jones Mailbag...

Many seem to forget that the question about Kirk Cousins is a two-way street. Sure, the team has to look at possible alternates to KC, but Kirk has to look at alternates to the team. What are the possibilities for a new team for Kirk? Where else could he go that runs a system so suited to his abilities? Where else has an offensive line that’s good enough to keep defensive players off of him? Where else has such a great group of receivers? The teams that have these already have good quarterbacks and don’t need him. A huge contract is a wonderful thing, but not if the player’s health doesn’t survive the new team’s incompetence.

– Allen Read, Gaithersburg, Md.

Well, unless Cousins and his agent tell the Redskins “Do. Not. Franchise. Me.” and raise a huge stink, the Redskins do still have the power. Cousins has leverage. But the Redskins still can use the franchise tag to retain him if he doesn’t accept their offer or offers.

But, say there was a falling out and both sides agreed to move on, Cousins would certainly have options.

cheg1383578591.jpg
Niles Paul, center, puts his arm around then-tight-ends coach Sean McVay as offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan jogs off the field following a 2013 game against the Chargers. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)
Kyle Shanahan is in the running for a head coaching job. Cousins would love to play for him again, and Shanahan would love to have Cousins. He runs a very similar system and would tailor it to take advantage of Cousins’s strengths and mask his deficiencies. Then, even if Shanahan went to a place like the Rams, and liked prospects of working with their young quarterback, there are other teams: Cleveland, the New York Jets, San Francisco, Chicago, Buffalo (maybe), Arizona and Jacksonville all figure to be in the market for a quarterback. Remember, Houston was so desperate for a quarterback that they gave Brock Osweiler $18 million a year after starting just seven games with Denver.

Cousins is a smart guy. Very calculated. He would want to go somewhere that has the best possible situation for success. So, he’s not just going to bolt for the biggest bag of cash. He knows continuity is huge. But, he doesn’t feel beholden to the Redskins, and so, if it came to it, he would go somewhere that will both pay him what he feels like he’s worth and also give him a good chance to win and have a long career in this league

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it done!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that Swaggy with the two goals against the Penguins last night? He overpowered them.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting hypothetical

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00