• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. I agree with you. But when the biggest game of the season is at home and to perform like that is when people have doubts. Not even the Giant game, the whole month of Dec. excluding the Bears game.
So then KC actually led the team, again, to a playoff level caliber. In his first 2 years as starter. What else could you expect with the supporting cast in defense he had?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then KC actually led the team, again, to a playoff level caliber. In his first 2 years as starter. What else could you expect with the supporting cast in defense he had?

I expected Kc to play well in Dec when the season was on the line. I expect KC to make better decisions with the football. Did you expect his head coach to rip him after the Giants game?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that is when you pay the guy when he wins playoff games. This season can go in a lot of different ways. So why get locked in when you don't have to?

Because from a cap stand point its smarter to pay him now, than pay him even more later. From a team building stand point it is smarter to have your QB in place now rather than risk losing him or doing stupid shit a year from now.

And lastly Kirk has lead this team for two years and if not for a suck ass defense would have won a playoffs game in 2015, and at least made the playoffs last year. He might not be elite, and he may never be elite. But chasing elite is the main reason we have sucked ass more often than not the past 20 years.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Kc to play well in Dec when the season was on the line. I expect KC to make better decisions with the football. Did you expect his head coach to rip him after the Giants game?
It was his second fucking year as a starter. He made some mistakes. Give me a fucking break. Do you need me to go through some of the mistakes that some of the best QBs ever made in their second year as starter?

Get real dean. You are so myopic on this topic, you can not get over the Giants game. Yes, he made mistakes. But his good was way greater than his bad last year. As as I already showed you, and you agreed, that he played well enough to take this flawed team to the playoffs 2 years in a row.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because from a cap stand point its smarter to pay him now, than pay him even more later. From a team building stand point it is smarter to have your QB in place now rather than risk losing him or doing stupid shit a year from now.

And lastly Kirk has lead this team for two years and if not for a suck ass defense would have won a playoffs game in 2015, and at least made the playoffs last year. He might not be elite, and he may never be elite. But chasing elite is the main reason we have sucked ass more often than not the past 20 years.

we didn't need an elite qb to get us in the playoffs last year. this is what u dot understnad

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we didn't need an elite qb to get us in the playoffs last year. this is what u dot understnad
No, we needed a defense. That is what you don't understand.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his second fucking year as a starter. He made some mistakes. Give me a fucking break. Do you need me to go through some of the mistakes that some of the best QBs ever made in their second year as starter?

Get real dean. You are so myopic on this topic, you can not get over the Giants game. Yes, he made mistakes. But his good was way greater than his bad last year. As as I already showed you, and you agreed, that he played well enough to take this flawed team to the playoffs 2 years in a row.

flawed? Im not saying we were the best team but we were not a flawed team. You have to be critical when you are making a huge investment in this guy

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flawed? Im not saying we were the best team but we were not a flawed team. You have to be critical when you are making a huge investment in this guy
Do you know what flawed means? We were absolutely flawed on defense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude.. we had one of the worst defense in the league... again. YOU and many others have pounded the drum that Rogers, Brady, Newton and Christ would have had us in the playoffs last year. All elite QBs and the son of God. BUt I agree, we dont need an elite QB, we need a defense worth more than two squirts of warm piss.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we needed a defense. That is what you don't understand.

You state your stats all you want. bottom line here is that there were past playoff teams with worst defenses than ours last year. You say you cant count the Giant game but you have to. lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what flawed means? We were absolutely flawed on defense.

If we were flawed on defense then we would be giving up 30 points every game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You state your stats all you want. bottom line here is that there were past playoff teams with worst defenses than ours last year. You say you cant count the Giant game but you have to. lol
When'd did I ever say don't count the Giants game? All I say is put it in perspective.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When'd did I ever say don't count the Giants game? All I say is put it in perspective.

I am. That is why I like the wait and see.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean.. .the problem is, you are overly critical of Cousins, and overly forgiving of one of the worst defenses in the league seven years running. This team was and has been FLAWED for quite a while.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were flawed on defense then we would be giving up 30 points every game.
Wait a minute. That is a stat. Thought you weren't a stat guy? or do you use stats only when they are convenient?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. That is a stat. Thought you weren't a stat guy? or do you use stats only when they are convenient?

im not. The defense kept us in games last year and you guys refused to admit that. YOu just bring up the Detroit game but you don't bring up the game winning plays the defense had to make to win the actual game. So how is that fair?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not. The defense kept us in games last year and you guys refused to admit that. YOu just bring up the Detroit game but you don't bring up the game winning plays the defense had to make to win the actual game. So how is that fair?
For every game winning play you can produce by the defense, I can show you twice as many times the defense couldn't get the opposing offense off the field and lost the game. BTW, they weren't game winning plays by the defense. They were plays where the defense actually did their jobs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its just as fair as you bringing up the Giants game every 10 seconds, and ignoring games that Kirk won despite the defense sucking fat clown dick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality check

The DC and half his staff got FIRED.

The Majority of the defensive free agents never even got an offer from the Redskins to come back.

And we dropped our first three Draft picks and six out of ten total draft picks went to the defense.

Flip side... the OC got a head coaching gig

The QB (Who people want to wait and see about) Got the Exclusive rights tag because as dumb as Bruce is, he knew some one would make him an offer the Skins wouldnt or couldnt match if he gave him the trans tag or the non exclusive tag.

And yet, we dont give the defense enough Kudos?? Really??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were favored in all those games to win. So how is that such a huge accomplishment? We beat an average injury riddled Eagles team at their place to get in the playoffs. You make it sound like we knocked off a playoff team to get in.

This is year KC had multiple chances to knock off 2 non playoff teams and a playoff team to get in the playoffs. He couldn't do it. You can blame the defense in the Ari game but he wasn't sharp either. Count all the turnovers in the Car and Nyg game.

Its amazing to me that you just discount the month of Dec when evaluating KC.
facts are facts , any loss and we were out . all big games and again most on this board thought it wouldnt happen

Last edited: