• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are 3 reasons why Kirk Cousins will be NFL's highest-paid player

Continuing to show in 2017 that he hasn't reached his peak without a long-term contract in place could put Cousins in unchartered territory. $30 million per year with at least $100 million in guarantees from the Redskins wouldn't be out of the question at this juncture. I have no doubt Cousins would get it from somebody on the open market in 2018 under this scenario.
good you finally backed up something but again one guys off the wall assessment means little and we all know you had a hard on for the picks

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good you finally backed up something but again one guys off the wall assessment means little and we all know you had a hard on for the picks

I know it was a rumor. I am just saying what I and many others responded to.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my point is wrong why do so many fans on here and in real life do feel they should let him play on the tag? So beating an average team classifies as winning a big game? Are you serious? When the season was on the line this year, where was he?
losing any of those games meant we were out so yes i am saying that and at the time no one here thought they would do it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my point is wrong why do so many fans on here and in real life do feel they should let him play on the tag? So beating an average team classifies as winning a big game? Are you serious? When the season was on the line this year, where was he?
consensus isnt science , that is politics . and most people thought i was daft when i said sherf was our guy and who was right then ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are 3 reasons why Kirk Cousins will be NFL's highest-paid player

Continuing to show in 2017 that he hasn't reached his peak without a long-term contract in place could put Cousins in unchartered territory. $30 million per year with at least $100 million in guarantees from the Redskins wouldn't be out of the question at this juncture. I have no doubt Cousins would get it from somebody on the open market in 2018 under this scenario.

You need to put down what ever it is you are smoking and work on your reading comprehension skills Dean. But Im going to help you out here. What the poster in the link YOU provided is saying here is this...

Should Kirk actually perform to a level that would make you say he is worth resigning in 2017, then he would also reach a level where he could ask for $30M a year and likely get it.

NO place in this article does the author suggest that Cousins could get $30M a year this year, nor has he hinted that this is what Cousins is asking for or has asked for this year.

But once again your hate shows its disfigured head. You saw $30M in an article and ran with it like Forest Gump.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing any of those games meant we were out so yes i am saying that and at the time no one here thought they would do it

We were favored in all those games to win. So how is that such a huge accomplishment? We beat an average injury riddled Eagles team at their place to get in the playoffs. You make it sound like we knocked off a playoff team to get in.

This is year KC had multiple chances to knock off 2 non playoff teams and a playoff team to get in the playoffs. He couldn't do it. You can blame the defense in the Ari game but he wasn't sharp either. Count all the turnovers in the Car and Nyg game.

Its amazing to me that you just discount the month of Dec when evaluating KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you ignoring the fact that most of the people who think Kirk shouldnt be signed long term were also RG3 fans and thought Kirk should have never started in the first place?? When you have a hard on for what is considered an ELITE prospect in next years draft, the idea of signing Kirk long term is obviously not what you would want to happen. Because if we sign Kirk long term, the trade up for Darnold is off the table.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to put down what ever it is you are smoking and work on your reading comprehension skills Dean. But Im going to help you out here. What the poster in the link YOU provided is saying here is this...

Should Kirk actually perform to a level that would make you say he is worth resigning in 2017, then he would also reach a level where he could ask for $30M a year and likely get it.

NO place in this article does the author suggest that Cousins could get $30M a year this year, nor has he hinted that this is what Cousins is asking for or has asked for this year.

But once again your hate shows its disfigured head. You saw $30M in an article and ran with it like Forest Gump.

I remember seeing that ad that is where I got the number from. I know now its not true but a lot of people commented on this ways back.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ignoring the fact that most of the people who think Kirk shouldnt be signed long term were also RG3 fans and thought Kirk should have never started in the first place?? When you have a hard on for what is considered an ELITE prospect in next years draft, the idea of signing Kirk long term is obviously not what you would want to happen. Because if we sign Kirk long term, the trade up for Darnold is off the table.

Not true at all. Most people knew KC should of been starting after the 2013 debacle.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing that ad that is where I got the number from. I know now its not true but a lot of people commented on this ways back.

Again, you commented on it. Alot of people took what you said and ran with it. But there were ZERO rumors that Kirk was asking for or expected to get $30M a year this year. BUt it served the purpose to get people to say... we should just trade him because no way is he worth that amount even though he has never even asked for that amount.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

a lot of people said give KC a shot b/c it was clear that RG3 could not run Grudens offense. You are just making that bs up that there are RG3 lovers out there.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you commented on it. Alot of people took what you said and ran with it. But there were ZERO rumors that Kirk was asking for or expected to get $30M a year this year. BUt it served the purpose to get people to say... we should just trade him because no way is he worth that amount even though he has never even asked for that amount.

Of course I did b/c it was so crazy. But you guys said pay him no matter what b/c we have no one else. Remember that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of people said give KC a shot b/c it was clear that RG3 could not run Grudens offense. You are just making that bs up that there are RG3 lovers out there.

And when Gruden made Kirk the starter, alot of people said it was just a matter of time until we made our REAL QB the starter again. You dont have to still love Griffin, for the hate of Cousins to still be there.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible. But im not a stat guy like you. I actually watch the game and see how the game is won or lost.
If this is true, then you should have seen how we lost the Lions game or missed a win against the Bengals? You saw those games, right? If other parts of the team would have done their jobs, then we would have had 10 wins and in the playoffs, right?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Gruden made Kirk the starter, alot of people said it was just a matter of time until we made our REAL QB the starter again. You dont have to still love Griffin, for the hate of Cousins to still be there.

Not when Kc had some success. Most fans knew RG3 wasn't a fit here with Gruden

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I did b/c it was so crazy. But you guys said pay him no matter what b/c we have no one else. Remember that?

And we STILL dont have a better option. Wait and see if he finally meets the NEW level of performance and he will cost more.

Wait and see if he fails and hope that finally after 20 plus years we can find an elite QB.

My bet is, even if Kirk wins a playoffs game, many of you will move the goal posts again or pound the drum that any one would have done just as well with the talent we put around Kirk. And as such we should try and trade him and move up to take the next great hype.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, then you should have seen how we lost the Lions game or missed a win against the Bengals? You saw those games, right? If other parts of the team would have done their jobs, then we would have had 10 wins and in the playoffs, right?

Fine. I agree with you. But when the biggest game of the season is at home and to perform like that is when people have doubts. Not even the Giant game, the whole month of Dec. excluding the Bears game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Illegal use of logic, 15 yard penalty and loss of down. This is the first infraction towards ejection from the hater base.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we STILL dont have a better option. Wait and see if he finally meets the NEW level of performance and he will cost more.

Wait and see if he fails and hope that finally after 20 plus years we can find an elite QB.

My bet is, even if Kirk wins a playoffs game, many of you will move the goal posts again or pound the drum that any one would have done just as well with the talent we put around Kirk. And as such we should try and trade him and move up to take the next great hype.

Then that is when you pay the guy when he wins playoff games. This season can go in a lot of different ways. So why get locked in when you don't have to?