• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flawed? Im not saying we were the best team but we were not a flawed team. You have to be critical when you are making a huge investment in this guy
how in the hell can you make that statement with a straight face ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality check

The DC and half his staff got FIRED.

The Majority of the defensive free agents never even got an offer from the Redskins to come back.

And we dropped our first three Draft picks and six out of ten total draft picks went to the defense.

Flip side... the OC got a head coaching gig

The QB (Who people want to wait and see about) Got the Exclusive rights tag because as dumb as Bruce is, he knew some one would make him an offer the Skins wouldnt or couldnt match if he gave him the trans tag or the non exclusive tag.

And yet, we dont give the defense enough Kudos?? Really??

I totally agree the defense needed a huge upgrade. that is not what i am saying.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every game winning play you can produce by the defense, I can show you twice as many times the defense couldn't get the opposing offense off the field and lost the game. BTW, they weren't game winning plays by the defense. They were plays where the defense actually did their jobs.

Cravens didn't make a game winning INT in the NYg game? All they needed was a fg to win. that doesn't count as a game winner? We go 0-3 if he doesn't make that play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just as fair as you bringing up the Giants game every 10 seconds, and ignoring games that Kirk won despite the defense sucking fat clown dick.

Besides the Packers game what games has KC really won?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cravens didn't make a game winning INT in the NYg game? All they needed was a fg to win. that doesn't count as a game winner? We go 0-3 if he doesn't make that play.

Yep...one play wins the game. The offense did nothing to give them the lead they were trying to blow.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...one play wins the game. The offense did nothing to give them the lead they were trying to blow.

If I remember correctly the offense couldn't put the game away with a TD. So the defense had to step up and stop the Giants from a Fg. But you give no credit for this. Plus didn't they pick off Eli 4 times that game?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly the offense couldn't put the game away with a TD. So the defense had to step up and stop the Giants from a Fg. But you give no credit for this. Plus didn't they pick off Eli 4 times that game?

So its your line of thinking that when the defense actually PLAYS defense, it is cause for celebration and a parade. If the QB isnt consistently able to cover for a historically bad defense, we should seriously consider just starting over with a new QB. Because that is what we are talking about here. Forget the money, because we all know thats just an excuse at this point, especially when you consider that if he ever does become acceptable in the eyes of some, he will ultimately be too expensive any way.

Your logic is, we should either wait and pay him even more, or when he falls short (which is ultimately what you are expecting) we should simply start over with a rookie.

We all know that if Kirk takes this team to the playoffs and loses, the line will be. Well he still cant step up in the big game.

If he takes up to the playoffs and wins a game, or even does the unthinkable and wins a Superbowl, the line will be... well fuck it any one could have done it with the talent Kirk had to work with. And considering his asking price we could just get a rookie and he should be fine considering all the talent we have on the rest of the team.

Its become rather obvious that the only way Cousins could win over some of you guys is to play on the tag, win a Lombardi this year, and then come out and say I realize i could get more on the open market.. but hey I will take 80% of what Oswiler got in 2015 to stay in Washington.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its your line of thinking that when the defense actually PLAYS defense, it is cause for celebration and a parade. If the QB isnt consistently able to cover for a historically bad defense, we should seriously consider just starting over with a new QB. Because that is what we are talking about here. Forget the money, because we all know thats just an excuse at this point, especially when you consider that if he ever does become acceptable in the eyes of some, he will ultimately be too expensive any way.

Your logic is, we should either wait and pay him even more, or when he falls short (which is ultimately what you are expecting) we should simply start over with a rookie.

We all know that if Kirk takes this team to the playoffs and loses, the line will be. Well he still cant step up in the big game.

If he takes up to the playoffs and wins a game, or even does the unthinkable and wins a Superbowl, the line will be... well fuck it any one could have done it with the talent Kirk had to work with. And considering his asking price we could just get a rookie and he should be fine considering all the talent we have on the rest of the team.

Its become rather obvious that the only way Cousins could win over some of you guys is to play on the tag, win a Lombardi this year, and then come out and say I realize i could get more on the open market.. but hey I will take 80% of what Oswiler got in 2015 to stay in Washington.

I don't know where you get his shit from but that is not the case at all. Its funny how you didn't comment on the first Giants game. Do you give the defense any credit at all for the first Giants game?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where you get his shit from but that is not the case at all. Its funny how you didn't comment on the first Giants game. Do you give the defense any credit at all for the first Giants game?

Yea, they managed not to suck that game. Huge improvement. But how about we hold the other 52 guys on the roster to the level of excellence you are requiring from the QB to even be considered as a long term solution??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they managed not to suck that game. Huge improvement. But how about we hold the other 52 guys on the roster to the level of excellence you are requiring from the QB to even be considered as a long term solution??

So are you giving the defense credit for the first NYG game? So my question was what games has KC really won besides the GB and Bears game?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you giving the defense credit for the first NYG game? So my question was what games has KC really won besides the GB and Bears game?

What credit are you looking for Dean?? It was a situation where the offense handed them a lead, and the defense actually did their job and protected that lead. It happened four times all season. Just as many times as when the offense handed hem a lead, and they failed to protect it. Again your levels of accountability are seriously out of whack. You want to pat the defense on the back for protecting a lead with less than 90 seconds left, but then you seem to think they should not get judged harshly for blowing the same opportunity in the Detroit game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What credit are you looking for Dean?? It was a situation where the offense handed them a lead, and the defense actually did their job and protected that lead. It happened four times all season. Just as many times as when the offense handed hem a lead, and they failed to protect it. Again your levels of accountability are seriously out of whack. You want to pat the defense on the back for protecting a lead with less than 90 seconds left, but then you seem to think they should not get judged harshly for blowing the same opportunity in the Detroit game.

You are only giving me one game that the defense blew the lead. Im looking for credit that the defense won the Giants game. You cant say the defense was shit when they actually won games for us. that doesn't make sense to me. Of course the defense needed to be upgraded this year. So you still avoid my question on what games Kc has won.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are only giving me one game that the defense blew the lead. Im looking for credit that the defense won the Giants game. You cant say the defense was shit when they actually won games for us. that doesn't make sense to me. Of course the defense needed to be upgraded this year. So you still avoid my question on what games Kc has won.

Again why does Cousins need to single handedly win a game, but the rest of the team gets absolved for losses?? And I dont think the defense WON that game, they managed to NOT lose the game for us. When the offense hands the team a lead, and the defense manages to hold that lead, they didnt win it for us, they did their fucking job, period.

Now if there were a game where we were down by say three points, and the defense I dont know, got a pick six. That to me is the defense WINNG a game for us. When the defense manages to get take aways and put the offense in scoring position, that might be the defense winning a game for us. When the defense gets multiple sacks, turn overs and manages to consistently get our offense back on the field, to me that would be stepping up.

Holding a lead with 90 seconds left is doing your job.

Blowing a lead with 90 seconds left is losing a game for us.

Get the picture??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again why does Cousins need to single handedly win a game, but the rest of the team gets absolved for losses?? And I dont think the defense WON that game, they managed to NOT lose the game for us. When the offense hands the team a lead, and the defense manages to hold that lead, they didnt win it for us, they did their fucking job, period.

Now if there were a game where we were down by say three points, and the defense I dont know, got a pick six. That to me is the defense WINNG a game for us. When the defense manages to get take aways and put the offense in scoring position, that might be the defense winning a game for us. When the defense gets multiple sacks, turn overs and manages to consistently get our offense back on the field, to me that would be stepping up.

Holding a lead with 90 seconds left is doing your job.

Blowing a lead with 90 seconds left is losing a game for us.

Get the picture??

b/c you said KC has won games. Prove it to me. The offense handed them a 2 point lead. lol. are you serious!!! Plus they picked off Eli 4 times. They had [plenty of time to set up a FG. They got a turnover and you still give them no credit. That is amazing. You are gone pal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c you said KC has won games. Prove it to me. The offense handed them a 2 point lead. lol. are you serious!!! Plus they picked off Eli 4 times. They had [plenty of time to set up a FG. They got a turnover and you still give them no credit. That is amazing. You are gone pal.

I give them plenty of credit for actually showing up in one game out of 16. For actually STEPPING up in one game out of 16.

You want some all fired yes or no. Kirk has put this team in more positions to WIN games over the past two years than he has been the reason we have lost games over the past two years. You can not with a straight face say the same about the defense. Because more often than not they have put the team in a position to LOSE games. The fact that our offense needs to get a two or more score lead to even consider the team in a safe position to win apparently doesnt bother you one bit. Cousins is not what was wrong with this team, a rookie isnt going to make this offense better. Considering the resources crammed into the defense this year, they SHOULD be better. So IM looking forward to seeing the outcome. BUt as I have said before, short of winning a Lombardi and taking a below market contract.. I dont think there is a damn thing Cousins can do to win some of you guys over.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them plenty of credit for actually showing up in one game out of 16. For actually STEPPING up in one game out of 16.

You want some all fired yes or no. Kirk has put this team in more positions to WIN games over the past two years than he has been the reason we have lost games over the past two years. You can not with a straight face say the same about the defense. Because more often than not they have put the team in a position to LOSE games. The fact that our offense needs to get a two or more score lead to even consider the team in a safe position to win apparently doesnt bother you one bit. Cousins is not what was wrong with this team, a rookie isnt going to make this offense better. Considering the resources crammed into the defense this year, they SHOULD be better. So IM looking forward to seeing the outcome. BUt as I have said before, short of winning a Lombardi and taking a below market contract.. I dont think there is a damn thing Cousins can do to win some of you guys over.

I didn't say Kc was wrong for this team. that is your bullshit. Wrong again the offense does not give the dfense a two score lead b/c how do you explain the NYG,CLE, Bal, MIn, and Phil wins when the defense had to close it out in a once score game? Not the offense the defense closed the game out. That is 5 out of our 8 wins. Im talking about what happened last year.

Once again can you tell me what games KC has won for us last year besides GB and Chi? You cant b/c he needed his defense in all of those 6 wins. This is why the wait and see approach is being deployed right now.

You and other people just looked at his stats and said well he dominated. If you go game by game he didn't.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Kc was wrong for this team. that is your bullshit. Wrong again the offense does not give the dfense a two score lead b/c how do you explain the NYG,CLE, Bal, MIn, and Phil wins when the defense had to close it out in a once score game? Not the offense the defense closed the game out. That is 5 out of our 8 wins. Im talking about what happened last year.

Once again can you tell me what games KC has won for us last year besides GB and Chi? You cant b/c he needed his defense in all of those 6 wins. This is why the wait and see approach is being deployed right now.

Again you are missing the point because it does not fit into what you want to hear. The defense is supposed to be able to hold a lead when the offense gives them one, its kind of in the job description. Please explain to me how the defense had to close out the Cleveland game where we won by 11 points??

Again you are the only person trying to make the claim that our defense was in any way shape or form GOOD or even average. And you are trying to use this logic as to why the QB actually wasnt that good. If this defense was even average we should have won 3-4 more games than we did last year.

Now I expect to see them take a wait and see approach, I also expect it to cost us our QB in the long run. Because its not a wait and see if Kirk can improve. Its a wait and see if we can get him for cheaper or make a move for some one different.

We will know within the next 40 days. But I and about 705 of the NFL world believes that if Cousins plays on the tag, it wont matter how the Skins finish, 2017 will be his last season in Washington.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok dean you asked and now you get

game one pitt defense did their job by giving up 38 points 437 total yds and 4.9 yds per carry

game 2 dallas defense improved by giving up 380 yds of offense KC had game ending pick trying to overcome a crap defense

game 3 giants , KC and the offense overcame 28 1st downs allowed and 457 yds allowed to get the win

game 4 KC and the offense overcame 26 1st downs and 380 yds of offense allowed

ravens game 16-10 defense had a good game gave up only 306 yds

eagles game defense did well vs a rookie with 6 career starts

lions debacle blew lead with 90 seconds to go , gave up 344yds and lions held the ball for 34.59 minutes since our defense couldnt stop them

bengals defense gave up a whopping 35 1st downs and allowed 415 yds KC and the offense put up 546 yds

vikings gave up 331 yds however smith bailed them out good game defense

packers defense gave up 424 yds KC and the offense put up 515 yds

cowboys gave up 353 yds got 0 TO's KC and the offense put up 505 yds with 0 TO,s

cards game gave up 369 yds got 0 TO,s AZ 33.46 time of possession

eagles game defense gave up 383 yds to a rookie qb offense overcame it

panthers game defense gave up 438 yds 22 1st downs 34.39 time of possession

bears games defense gave up 458 yds and 31 1st downs to matt freaking barkley offense overcame it , defense got 5 to's

giants game gave up 332 total yds and allowed giants to possess the ball for 35 .52 minutes

so i see a pattern of KC and the offense had to be perfect to overcome a crappy defense more often then crappy defense providing a win

the ravens , and vikings game , eagles game one and the last giants game where you can make a case that the defense did its job . more often then not a one dimensional redskins offense had to overcome the crap our defense put on the field