• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok dean you asked and now you get

game one pitt defense did their job by giving up 38 points 437 total yds and 4.9 yds per carry

game 2 dallas defense improved by giving up 380 yds of offense KC had game ending pick trying to overcome a crap defense

game 3 giants , KC and the offense overcame 28 1st downs allowed and 457 yds allowed to get the win

game 4 KC and the offense overcame 26 1st downs and 380 yds of offense allowed

ravens game 16-10 defense had a good game gave up only 306 yds

eagles game defense did well vs a rookie with 6 career starts

lions debacle blew lead with 90 seconds to go , gave up 344yds and lions held the ball for 34.59 minutes since our defense couldnt stop them

bengals defense gave up a whopping 35 1st downs and allowed 415 yds KC and the offense put up 546 yds

vikings gave up 331 yds however smith bailed them out good game defense

packers defense gave up 424 yds KC and the offense put up 515 yds

cowboys gave up 353 yds got 0 TO's KC and the offense put up 505 yds with 0 TO,s

cards game gave up 369 yds got 0 TO,s AZ 33.46 time of possession

eagles game defense gave up 383 yds to a rookie qb offense overcame it

panthers game defense gave up 438 yds 22 1st downs 34.39 time of possession

bears games defense gave up 458 yds and 31 1st downs to matt freaking barkley offense overcame it , defense got 5 to's

giants game gave up 332 total yds and allowed giants to possess the ball for 35 .52 minutes

so i see a pattern of KC and the offense had to be perfect to overcome a crappy defense more often then crappy defense providing a win

the ravens , and vikings game , eagles game one and the last giants game where you can make a case that the defense did its job . more often then not a one dimensional redskins offense had to overcome the crap our defense put on the field

IN my best Dean impression.....

But you still havent shown me a game outside of GB that Cousins actually won.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you are missing the point because it does not fit into what you want to hear. The defense is supposed to be able to hold a lead when the offense gives them one, its kind of in the job description. Please explain to me how the defense had to close out the Cleveland game where we won by 11 points??

Again you are the only person trying to make the claim that our defense was in any way shape or form GOOD or even average. And you are trying to use this logic as to why the QB actually wasnt that good. If this defense was even average we should have won 3-4 more games than we did last year.

Now I expect to see them take a wait and see approach, I also expect it to cost us our QB in the long run. Because its not a wait and see if Kirk can improve. Its a wait and see if we can get him for cheaper or make a move for some one different.

We will know within the next 40 days. But I and about 705 of the NFL world believes that if Cousins plays on the tag, it wont matter how the Skins finish, 2017 will be his last season in Washington.

The Norman int was the biggest play in that game. lol. You are a stat guy and don't watch the games. If you don't watch the games you cant understand. You cant predict the future. All we can do is comment on the past.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Norman int was the biggest play in that game. lol

Again dude, you want to pick and peck as to where the defense actually did good in spots here and there. On the flip side you want to hold the QB to the standards of perfection as nothing short of that makes him worth anything more than a third season of lets wait and see.

So in essence you are saying, the best QB we have had in 20 years still needs to PROVE himself even more. And the worst defense we have had in franchise history should be given kudos for showing up on occasion.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they managed not to suck that game. Huge improvement. But how about we hold the other 52 guys on the roster to the level of excellence you are requiring from the QB to even be considered as a long term solution??

C'mon shark, be reasonable. You know the QB wins all by himself and the other 52 guys are there for moral support. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon shark, be reasonable. You know the QB wins all by himself and the other 52 guys are there for moral support. :D

IM still looking for the highlight reel where Andrew Luck lined up at ILB on defense and had five sacks, two pick sixes and still managed to throw for 450 yards and six TDS, and rush for another one.

But I hear that was the greatest game ever. :D

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, you want to pick and peck as to where the defense actually did good in spots here and there. On the flip side you want to hold the QB to the standards of perfection as nothing short of that makes him worth anything more than a third season of lets wait and see.

So in essence you are saying, the best QB we have had in 20 years still needs to PROVE himself even more. And the worst defense we have had in franchise history should be given kudos for showing up on occasion.

To me he still has to prove himself to be the highest paid qb in the league. I like him as a QB but he still needs a lot of work. Hopefully he steps up this year. Again, you look at the stats when talking about the defense but I just told you how they bailed this team out in 5 out of our 8 wins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me he still has to prove himself to be the highest paid qb in the league. I like him as a QB but he still needs a lot of work. Hopefully he steps up this year. Again, you look at the stats when talking about the defense but I just told you how they bailed this team out in 5 out of our 8 wins.

How exactly is doing your job bailing the team out?? In most of those games the defense was bearable at best. If the defense is given a lead, and they hold it, it is not some form of bailing the offense out. On the flip[ side if the defense blows a lead, or allows the other team to build up a lead that the offense then needs to over come... the defense damn sure had a big hand in those losses.

I agree Kirk still has room to improve. But if you are basing things off of dollar amount, its nothing more than an excuse. Especially when you KNOW that if he reaches a point to where you are OK making him the highest paid QB in the league, he is also most likely un-affordable. Unless you expect him to fail, there is little or no logic in this line of reasoning.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly is doing your job bailing the team out?? In most of those games the defense was bearable at best. If the defense is given a lead, and they hold it, it is not some form of bailing the offense out. On the flip[ side if the defense blows a lead, or allows the other team to build up a lead that the offense then needs to over come... the defense damn sure had a big hand in those losses.

I agree Kirk still has room to improve. But if you are basing things off of dollar amount, its nothing more than an excuse. Especially when you KNOW that if he reaches a point to where you are OK making him the highest paid QB in the league, he is also most likely un-affordable. Unless you expect him to fail, there is little or no logic in this line of reasoning.

b/c the offense couldn't score the td to put the game out of reach. A lot would have to do with the Carr and Stafford deals to project KLC;s worth IMO. Do we really know if the Kc camp gave a contract offer to the Redskins this offseason?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
money is an excuse dean plain and simple . he wont be the highest paid for very long and within a year or 2 he will be middle of the pack in salary .

only in dean 's world is our crap defense a winning defense , it SUCKED DEAN HISTORICALLY SUCKED by any FACTUAL MEASURE

the DC was fired and we will have 6 new starters on it . IT DOESNT GET THAT WAY BECAUSE IT WON GAMES

now you gone to calling people "stat guys " as if it is derogatory. and implying we dont "watch " games like you because you are some kind of "all Knowing " guru of defense

stats are facts , and good coaches use them to find weaknesses and attack them

stats are quantitative , not some eyeball test from a monday AM arm chair bet hedger with an agenda

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
money is an excuse dean plain and simple . he wont be the highest paid for very long and within a year or 2 he will be middle of the pack in salary .

only in dean 's world is our crap defense a winning defense , it SUCKED DEAN HISTORICALLY SUCKED by any FACTUAL MEASURE

the DC was fired and we will have 6 new starters on it . IT DOESNT GET THAT WAY BECAUSE IT WON GAMES

now you gone to calling people "stat guys " as if it is derogatory. and implying we dont "watch " games like you because you are some kind of "all Knowing " guru of defense

stats are facts , and good coaches use them to find weaknesses and attack them

stats are quantitative , not some eyeball test from a monday AM arm chair bet hedger with an agenda

I know the defense was bad and changes had to be made. Never said there were a good defense. Im saying they made some plays in big time situations to win some games for us. You cant deny that.

I know how games are won and lost b/c I watch them. After games we have post game posts on here that tell you how the game was won or lost. A lot of posters on here did say the defense did step up in those games that I mentioned. That is not to say that we had a great defense but they made the big play to determine the outcome of the game. This is what you guys don't understand. You are evaluating it as a whole. Im not doing that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cravens didn't make a game winning INT in the NYg game? All they needed was a fg to win. that doesn't count as a game winner? We go 0-3 if he doesn't make that play.
Did he score to win the game? No. The game was already won, all the defense had to do was hold them. Which they did. Good job, but not game winning.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the defense was bad and changes had to be made. Never said there were a good defense. Im saying they made some plays in big time situations to win some games for us. You cant deny that.

I know how games are won and lost b/c I watch them. After games we have post game posts on here that tell you how the game was won or lost. A lot of posters on here did say the defense did step up in those games that I mentioned. That is not to say that we had a great defense but they made the big play to determine the outcome of the game. This is what you guys don't understand. You are evaluating it as a whole. Im not doing that.
i have 4 out of 16 where you can make an argument they were the primary reason for the chance for us to get a win . in the other 75% they failed horribly forcing our offense to carry the load

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have 4 out of 16 where you can make an argument they were the primary reason for the chance for us to get a win . in the other 75% they failed horribly forcing our offense to carry the load

Im talking about our 8 wins. 4 or 5 out of our 8 wins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he score to win the game? No. The game was already won, all the defense had to do was hold them. Which they did. Good job, but not game winning.

He held the Giants from a GW FG. Yes that is a winning play considering the time left in the game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c the offense couldn't score the td to put the game out of reach. A lot would have to do with the Carr and Stafford deals to project KLC;s worth IMO. Do we really know if the Kc camp gave a contract offer to the Redskins this offseason?

1. Im pretty sure that Cousins agent has made them a contract proposal. Its kind of his job.

2. I get you think that the Carr or Stafford deals should some how set the framework for Cousins deal. But reality is they shouldnt matter because we arent trying to sign Carr or Stafford. Meaning, what you paid for your car in reality has no bearing on wat I will spend on mine based on my budget. You can sit there all day long and say, well if we pay Cousins more than its an over payment. But the reality is, he is going to cost what he will cost, and not one cent less.

3. If the offense ALWAYS has to give the defense an insurmountable lead... dont you think the real problem is actually the defense??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He held the Giants from a GW FG. Yes that is a winning play considering the time left in the game.
Sorry, but its not. Its called doing your job. A pick six for a go ahead score would be winning the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Im pretty sure that Cousins agent has made them a contract proposal. Its kind of his job.

2. I get you think that the Carr or Stafford deals should some how set the framework for Cousins deal. But reality is they shouldnt matter because we arent trying to sign Carr or Stafford. Meaning, what you paid for your car in reality has no bearing on wat I will spend on mine based on my budget. You can sit there all day long and say, well if we pay Cousins more than its an over payment. But the reality is, he is going to cost what he will cost, and not one cent less.

3. If the offense ALWAYS has to give the defense an insurmountable lead... dont you think the real problem is actually the defense??

Of course the defense was a problem last year. Not disputing that. but when they close out games you have to give credit.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but its not. Its called doing your job. A pick six for a go ahead score would be winning the game.

jy if Cravens doesn't make that play we go 0-3. Simple as that