• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, its not wait and see. Its move the goal post and hedge your bet JUST in case you have a shot to trade up in the draft for something more exciting.

no its not. If he wins and playoff game do you really think they are going to let him walk?????

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its not. If he wins and playoff game do you really think they are going to let him walk?????

If he wins a playoffs game, they might not have a choice. Bruce can talk all he wants about using the franchise tag, or the trans tag. But if Kirk wins a playoffs game or more this year, some team will make him an offer that the Redskins cant or wont match. And while i know you think there are 5-10 Elite QBs in next years draft, reality is, every time you insert a new starting QB... you are starting over.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... you ignore the concept that Kirk could have just as good a year or better and the team finishes 7-9... if the defense still sucks, you still going to blame the QB??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins a playoffs game, they might not have a choice. Bruce can talk all he wants about using the franchise tag, or the trans tag. But if Kirk wins a playoffs game or more this year, some team will make him an offer that the Redskins cant or wont match. And while i know you think there are 5-10 Elite QBs in next years draft, reality is, every time you insert a new starting QB... you are starting over.

Not true at all. It all depends on the situation and team around the QB if you are successful in this league.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... you ignore the concept that Kirk could have just as good a year or better and the team finishes 7-9... if the defense still sucks, you still going to blame the QB??

Its possible. But im not a stat guy like you. I actually watch the game and see how the game is won or lost.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible. But im not a stat guy like you. I actually watch the game and see how the game is won or lost.

This coming from the guy who has the audacity to say the defense stepped up?? I dont care who you are, thats shit there is funny.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all. It all depends on the situation and team around the QB if you are successful in this league.

If you really believed this, then there would be ZERO reason why you think we should play the wait and see game. Because we already know Kirk CAN run this offense, and it only makes sense to improve around him rather than risk drafting the next Johnny Football or worse.

BUt I suspect this is just your latest line of bullshit.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not making up nothing. There was a rumor that he wanted 30 or close to it. This was awhile ago
then you should be able to produce the proof otherwise its just crap running out of your mouth

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really believed this, then there would be ZERO reason why you think we should play the wait and see game. Because we already know Kirk CAN run this offense, and it only makes sense to improve around him rather than risk drafting the next Johnny Football or worse.

wait shark this makes waaaaaay to much sense . actually put pieces around KC so we can go to a superbowl. instead we should start over with yet another qb

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from the guy who has the audacity to say the defense stepped up?? I dont care who you are, thats shit there is funny.

In the Giants game they did

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not bullshit just fact. How much more improvement does KC need at his skilled positions? You are making it sound like KC has no talent around him. The wait and see game is relevant here for reasons that I have already explained.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Giants game they did

Dude... we have VERY different opinions as to what stepping up means then. Because to me, one sack, no picks, no forced fumbles or even fumble recoveries and managing to hold a team that scored on average 19 points to 13 points on offense is far from stepping up.

But then again I am not surprised that you have a double standard for the QB who needs to perform to an elite level, and the defense doing fuck all of nothing is actually a step up from the usual bend over and take it up the ass we saw most of the season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait shark this makes waaaaaay to much sense . actually put pieces around KC so we can go to a superbowl. instead we should start over with yet another qb

you miss the point again

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... we have VERY different opinions as to what stepping up means then. Because to me, one sack, no picks, no forced fumbles or even fumble recoveries and managing to hold a team that scored on average 19 points to 13 points on offense is far from stepping up.

But then again I am not surprised that you have a double standard for the QB who needs to perform to an elite level, and the defense doing fuck all of nothing is actually a step up from the usual bend over and take it up the ass we saw most of the season.

KC didn't have to perform to an elite level. He kept turning the ball over in the biggest game of the year. There is a reason why MOST Redskins fans were calling the Giants loss 2nd the BIGGEST loss in Redskins history. Your are pretending that game never happened.

Its just not one game either. Carolina and Ari in Dec poised big questions in my mind. There is no reason to rush a LTD with this guy. I hope he kills it this year so it puts all question to bed. We will see.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you should be able to produce the proof otherwise its just crap running out of your mouth

Here are 3 reasons why Kirk Cousins will be NFL's highest-paid player

Continuing to show in 2017 that he hasn't reached his peak without a long-term contract in place could put Cousins in unchartered territory. $30 million per year with at least $100 million in guarantees from the Redskins wouldn't be out of the question at this juncture. I have no doubt Cousins would get it from somebody on the open market in 2018 under this scenario.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. then he lost them last season. lo.. what is your point?
what do you think my point is ? your contention is he lost a big game and my contention is over his full body of work your contention is wrong . he has produced in big games and has won

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we didnt miss any point , we are flat out saying your point is wrong

If my point is wrong why do so many fans on here and in real life do feel they should let him play on the tag? So beating an average team classifies as winning a big game? Are you serious? When the season was on the line this year, where was he?