• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Super Bowl winners, another who should have won one this year, and Rivers as ehb said, a solid QB who had a 46-18 record his first four years as starter and took SD deep into the playoffs several times....thats why they got the big contracts... so whats your point?

KC isnt there yet...last I checked he is pretty much a good QB on a .500 team. He could just as easily have a really shitty run without even sniffing the success these guys have had. JMHO
i only see one superbowl winner in that group. and 2 who lost a superbowl

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Super Bowl winners, another who should have won one this year, and Rivers as ehb said, a solid QB who had a 46-18 record his first four years as starter and took SD deep into the playoffs several times....thats why they got the big contracts... so whats your point?

KC isnt there yet...last I checked he is pretty much a good QB on a .500 team. He could just as easily have a really shitty run without even sniffing the success these guys have had. JMHO
photo-1433185000771-ec45c869c61b.jpg

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i only see one superbowl winner in that group. and 2 who lost a superbowl

Right. Newton lost too. My bad. Your missing the point. KC hasn't had the success that these guys have had. Comparing him to them (and others) right now is foolish.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Newton lost too. My bad. Your missing the point. KC hasn't had the success that these guys have had. Comparing him to them (and others) right now is foolish.

No less foolish that the concept that a rookie will come in and automatically be better than the QB we currently have.

And lets be real here, if you are going to say that we shouldnt resign Kirk because he is not currently as good as Brady, Manning, Rogers or who ever else.... havent you already compared him to these guys as a reason we should consider not resigning him??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of them have played longer none put up the numbers he has in a short period either

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just for clarity sake

Its not fair to compare Kirk to the Franchise or Elites because he has not in fact reached that level yet.

You also cant consider paying Kirk the market value for a starting QB because he has not yet shown that he is an elite QB.

#Doublestandardbaby!!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to see the plays you are claiming because people claim a lot of crap. I remember one last season where people claim KC missed JC down the right hash but he was under pressure immediately for that side and had to throw left quickly.

I'm hip far as crap. For instance I think its crap that all over sudden you don't remember Cuz having issues in the red-zone last year. Something tells me if Skins RBs were the topic of discussion. Your memory about the Skins red-zone woes would be fine.

Redskins red-zone efficiency 2016.
Week 1/Pitt - 1/4 in red-zone 25%
Week 2/Dall - 2/6 in red-zone 33%
Week 3/NYG - 0/4 in red-zone 0%
Week 4/Cle - 4/5 in red-zone 80%
Week 5/Balt - 0/1 in red-zone 0%
Week 6/Phi - 3/5 in red-zone 60%
Week 7/Det - 2/3 in red-zone 66%
Week 8/Cin - 1/4 in red-zone 25%
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10/Min - 1/4 in red-zone 25%
Week 11/GB - 4/5 in red-zone 80%
Week 12/Dal - 2/5 in red-zone 40%
Week 13/Ari - 1/2 in red-zone 50%
Week 14/Phi - 1/1 in red-zone 100%
Week 15/Car - 1/3 in red-zone 33%
Week 16/Chi - 4/7 in red-zone 57%
Week 17/NYG - 1/2 in red zone 50%

How many players throw for 32 and no more than 10? I will answer that. Only 2.

Only two.............last year. There have been more than two, but it shouldn't matter to you. Aren't you the guy who wouldn't trade Cuz for any other QB in the NFL now? That in some way suggests you think Kirk is the absolute best QB to run Gruden's offense. If that's the case. 32/10 should be doable for the QB best suited to run the offense he's in right now, right?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hip far as crap. For instance I think its crap that all over sudden you don't remember Cuz having issues in the red-zone last year. Something tells me if Skins RBs were the topic of discussion. Your memory about the Skins red-zone woes would be fine.

Redskins red-zone efficiency 2016.
Week 1/Pitt - 1/4 in red-zone 25%
Week 2/Dall - 2/6 in red-zone 33%
Week 3/NYG - 0/4 in red-zone 0%
Week 4/Cle - 4/5 in red-zone 80%
Week 5/Balt - 0/1 in red-zone 0%
Week 6/Phi - 3/5 in red-zone 60%
Week 7/Det - 2/3 in red-zone 66%
Week 8/Cin - 1/4 in red-zone 25%
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10/Min - 1/4 in red-zone 25%
Week 11/GB - 4/5 in red-zone 80%
Week 12/Dal - 2/5 in red-zone 40%
Week 13/Ari - 1/2 in red-zone 50%
Week 14/Phi - 1/1 in red-zone 100%
Week 15/Car - 1/3 in red-zone 33%
Week 16/Chi - 4/7 in red-zone 57%
Week 17/NYG - 1/2 in red zone 50%

Only two.............last year. There have been more than two, but it shouldn't matter to you. Aren't you the guy who wouldn't trade Cuz for any other QB in the NFL now? That in some way suggests you think Kirk is the absolute best QB to run Gruden's offense. If that's the case. 32/10 should be doable for the QB best suited to run the offense he's in right now, right?

So it is strictly on the QB we had issues in the RZ? This varies from team to team and year to year.

Tom Brady- to old
Drew Brees- to old
Matt Ryan- had a great season, let's see how he does without Kyle
Matt Stafford- poor scheme fit, wildly inconsistent, last year was the first year nobody complained about him
Ben Roethlisberger- contemplating retirement
Joe Flacco- no way
Jamie Winston- proven nothing
Cam Newton- poor scheme fit with poor accuracy
Russell Wilson- body is beat up
Marcus Marriota- proven nothing
Derek Carr- what has he proven
Phillip Rivers- too old

I would take the following in a trade and five year contracts...

Andrew Luck- I would probably take Luck in a trade because of the upside. I think KC would be better in this system short term, Luck could surpass him
Aaron Rodgers- well, he is Rodgers

As for 32-10, it is a rarity. What if he threw for 44-11? Would that be good enough?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of these people will ever be satified with KC . they just move the goalpost like they did last season . the season before i believe KC did pretty well in the RZ

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of these people will ever be satified with KC . they just move the goalpost like they did last season . the season before i believe KC did pretty well in the RZ

Got to agree. The built in hate factor is already setup.

If the team fails to improve, the line will be.... Well Kirk wasnt good enough to make up for the teams other short comings.

If the Team actually makes the playoffs and wins a game, the line will be.. Kirk aint all that. Stifflers mom could have made the playoffs with the amount of talent we put around Kirk.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the team fails to improve, the line will be.... Well Kirk wasnt good enough to make up for the teams other short comings.

If the Team actually makes the playoffs and wins a game, the line will be.. Kirk aint all that. Stifflers mom could have made the playoffs with the amount of talent we put around Kirk.

they are the guys who say they dont hate but in fact are haters maybe they should be called hate deniers

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are the guys who say they dont hate but in fact are haters maybe they should be called hate deniers

Well when the argument is that positive stats are not a good enough reason to resign a guy, but any negative stats are definitive proof that we should go in a different direction....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no hate for KC. Told you before, I hope he signs a good deal and succeeds...wins us many Super Bowls.

But...if he does sign a big money deal...then fuck yes...I won't make any bones about it...the spotlight will be on him. If he is getting paid the highest of nearly anyone in the league (and he probably will be), then all eyes will be upon him and he better be able to produce and elevate his game to make up for any shortcomings this team has/make the other players around him better. All of you want to call him a franchise QB..."elite"...well those types of guys who get paid big carry their teams to victory. No bullshit excuses...Rodgers, Brady, etc. they've done it for years without a HOF RB, OL, Pro Bowl Defense, so if KC is paid as such...I think he alone should be expected to get us into the playoffs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no hate for KC. Told you before, I hope he signs a good deal and succeeds...wins us many Super Bowls.

But...if he does sign a big money deal...then fuck yes...I won't make any bones about it...the spotlight will be on him. If he is getting paid the highest of nearly anyone in the league (and he probably will be), then all eyes will be upon him and he better be able to produce and elevate his game to make up for any shortcomings this team has/make the other players around him better. All of you want to call him a franchise QB..."elite"...well those types of guys who get paid big carry their teams to victory. No bullshit excuses...Rodgers, Brady, etc. they've done it for years without a HOF RB, OL, Pro Bowl Defense, so if KC is paid as such...I think he alone should be expected to get us into the playoffs.

You have to be kidding. Do you know anything about NE? Every year they won the SB, they had a top defense. Brady always has a good OL.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me at any time where I or any one else who has said we should resign Kirk has called him elite?? Now you do bring up yet again a point i have made. That is that you feel in order for him to get paid in the range of current starting QBs he should be elite, elsewise we might as well go back into the quest for elite. I realize Kirk is not elite, and hell he might never be elite for that matter. But its foolish to say, well we shouldnt sign a good QB because we MIGHT be able to find an elite QB. We have been chasing that particular white rabbit going on 20 years.

I think the money aspect is being used as the excuse to continue chasing elite.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be kidding. Do you know anything about NE? Every year they won the SB, they had a top defense. Brady always has a good OL.

NE is New England because of Brady. I'm aware that good teams have good players, but let's not act like the Patriots would have won all of these SBs with Alex Smith or Jay Cutker as their QB.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me at any time where I or any one else who has said we should resign Kirk has called him elite?? Now you do bring up yet again a point i have made. That is that you feel in order for him to get paid in the range of current starting QBs he should be elite, elsewise we might as well go back into the quest for elite. I realize Kirk is not elite, and hell he might never be elite for that matter. But its foolish to say, well we shouldnt sign a good QB because we MIGHT be able to find an elite QB. We have been chasing that particular white rabbit going on 20 years.

I think the money aspect is being used as the excuse to continue chasing elite.

No, I'm fully content on not having an "elite" QB and just an above average one...if everyone is ok with having good/Ok seasons and maybe a legit/good run or two over the next 10 years, I'm ok with it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm fully content on not having an "elite" QB and just an above average one...if everyone is ok with having good/Ok seasons and maybe a legit/good run or two over the next 10 years, I'm ok with it.

So let me ask you this... aside from a fluke 2012 season running a gimmicky offense.... How has chasing elite worked out for us?? As average as you want to say Kirk is, how nice was it to have a defensive stud fall to us in the draft and actually be able to take him because we didnt have to reach for and over draft a QB??

Give me three to five years of solid QB play, and we can finally build a solid team with some depth. Look at all the elites right now, and realize they do have in most cases a very good defense and stability in their system.

Now look at the teams that have been chasing elite and see how often they are NOT in a position to even try to make the playoffs.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask you this... aside from a fluke 2012 season running a gimmicky offense.... How has chasing elite worked out for us?? As average as you want to say Kirk is, how nice was it to have a defensive stud fall to us in the draft and actually be able to take him because we didnt have to reach for and over draft a QB??

Give me three to five years of solid QB play, and we can finally build a solid team with some depth. Look at all the elites right now, and realize they do have in most cases a very good defense and stability in their system.

Now look at the teams that have been chasing elite and see how often they are NOT in a position to even try to make the playoffs.

This is the point! Its not that KC is an elite QB talent. He is not. As shark said, he may well never be. But he is a proficient QB that excels in this system. But more importantly, we can use very precious resources, that we aren't throwing away chasing elite, rebuilding very weak portions of the rest of the team. Its these areas that are keeping us from making a deep push, not the QB play. VT, why are you so hung up on the money? We have plenty of cap space. And if he does become one of the highest paid players, it will be for a nano second until the next ones sign. Whatever he signs for has as much to do with timing as it does play level.