• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where were these wide open WRs in the end zone?

Crowder against Ari, Reed and moreso imo Chris Thompson against Pitt. The first NYG game, both Dallas games, Cincy. Or do you deny the Skins had red-zone issues all the way around last year. Play-calling, running and passing. He missed 3 probable and 2 w/o a doubt TDs in the first Dallas game. We should've scored 40+ Cthat game. If you have it dvred. check out the opening drive in OT. Kirk missed Crowder on a left side of the field deep sideline out on 3rd n long, but had Ryan Grant wide open running a route more straight up the left hashmark. Personally I think Grant scores, but he easily gets the 1st down well in Cincy territory.

Hopkins did his part as well far as fuckin up. So did the defense. Josh Norman puts the Cincy game to bed if he holds onto 2 of the 3 picks he dropped. 2 of which looked really great as candidates who could go all the way to the end zone.

I'm not trying to blame Kirk for all that ails n woes the Redskins. But I did expect the offense to lead the way a little better than they did. Which was great in-between the 20s gaining yards or on 3rd dn where they were top 6 I think 3rd dn conversion-wise. Yeah, the Skins were a high octane offense for sure. Most of if not all the time. Even the stats say so........except one. Points scored. All that gaudy shit the Skins did on offense was only good for a bit above average 12th place when it comes to scoring points.

I see very little reason why Kirk's stats should dip much if at all this season. One stat though, TD passes, at least imo, has to come up. 32 TD passes at least with no more than 10 picks. He'll have 4800+ yards, near 70% comp% and a nice ypa once again this year. He's gotta cash in though more significantly far as getting into the end zone.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't gonna burn his sources, but he has some insider knowledge I am sure.

I guess we will see, but this is no huge surprise to me. I still stand firm that he doesn't want to be here and despite what many of you think, he is all about the money and looking for top dollar, Andrew Luck type contract....minimum. Anything less than 24-25 right now and he ain't even listnin. He and his agent are rolling the dice on the tag this year knowing that if he plays well he will get a long term 26-28 APY contract.

Is he wrong for looking at 24 million per season? He is getting paid that this season. If the Skins were to offer 23 million a season and guarantee 60 million, I think he would bite. Next season is only a part based on guarantees for him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder against Ari, Reed and moreso imo Chris Thompson against Pitt. The first NYG game, both Dallas games, Cincy. Or do you deny the Skins had red-zone issues all the way around last year. Play-calling, running and passing. He missed 3 probable and 2 w/o a doubt TDs in the first Dallas game. We should've scored 40+ Cthat game. If you have it dvred. check out the opening drive in OT. Kirk missed Crowder on a left side of the field deep sideline out on 3rd n long, but had Ryan Grant wide open running a route more straight up the left hashmark. Personally I think Grant scores, but he easily gets the 1st down well in Cincy territory.

Hopkins did his part as well far as fuckin up. So did the defense. Josh Norman puts the Cincy game to bed if he holds onto 2 of the 3 picks he dropped. 2 of which looked really great as candidates who could go all the way to the end zone.

I'm not trying to blame Kirk for all that ails n woes the Redskins. But I did expect the offense to lead the way a little better than they did. Which was great in-between the 20s gaining yards or on 3rd dn where they were top 6 I think 3rd dn conversion-wise. Yeah, the Skins were a high octane offense for sure. Most of if not all the time. Even the stats say so........except one. Points scored. All that gaudy shit the Skins did on offense was only good for a bit above average 12th place when it comes to scoring points.

I see very little reason why Kirk's stats should dip much if at all this season. One stat though, TD passes, at least imo, has to come up. 32 TD passes at least with no more than 10 picks. He'll have 4800+ yards, near 70% comp% and a nice ypa once again this year. He's gotta cash in though more significantly far as getting into the end zone.

I would have to see the plays you are claiming because people claim a lot of crap. I remember one last season where people claim KC missed JC down the right hash but he was under pressure immediately for that side and had to throw left quickly.

How many players throw for 32 and no more than 10? I will answer that. Only 2.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs also already have a franchise QB under contract through 2018. So they wont be forcing the rookie they just drafted to start.

Do you honestly think, if we trade up to take a QB, he will get to play sit and learn??

:pound:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what world?? The Chiefs just gave up two potential starters for a guy they dont even expect to put on the field for the next two years.

Think about that for a moment. Unless this guy is ELITE and beats out Smith for the starting job, he will not take a snap this year. And even if the plan is to start him in 2018, that means they basically gave up a potential starter next year, and he sat the pine this year.

And this is all assuming that we might actually be able to ONLY trade up into the top ten for a single first rounder next year.

Eh. I think you can only count that as giving up 1 starter. Mahomes is the other starter even if they have to wait a year.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both of you need to learn about the cap . you bitch at 20-24 mil per season and then go ahead and pay the 44 mil anyway these past 2 seasons . if we had done the deal right then and there we would have the option to be done with it or keep him at a lower price because guarantees are no .longer there

however screwed up the market is , it is still the market and hence you have to pay up . he did what was asked of him now its time to pay him

What he got paid on the tag is pretty much irrelevant though. That's money spent at this point. And the point of the tag at least last year was to make him prove it instead of making an even larger commitment based on a tiny sample.

The market price is the market price I certainly don't expect him to cost less than that but the market price can still be a bad value.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he wrong for looking at 24 million per season? He is getting paid that this season. If the Skins were to offer 23 million a season and guarantee 60 million, I think he would bite. Next season is only a part based on guarantees for him.

:noidea: Maybe... But personally, I think 23-24 should be the ceiling and 25 he should be running to sign the contract.

I'm not sure about the 23 number. I think that's closer to the bottom figure APY that he is looking for. But as Cali has said its probably more about the guaranteed money to him. Probably something similar to Luck's contract. He wants to cash in big just in case he flops...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i had a nickle for every "insider knowledge " posted as fact by reporters i would be rich

the recent SM fiasco was totally botched by the press is just one example of this crap

he is speculating as is everyone else

Very true, And that tweet says as much (Keim 'thinks"). It wasn't posted as fact. But lets be real here...he (and some others) probably know a whole lot more than any of us ever will about the inner-workings and what is going on inside of that organization. Not trying to be doom and gloom... but just because some of these guys don't report everything thing that they "know".... doesn't mean there isn't some things going on. Where there is smoke..often there is fire. We will see what becomes of KC, but this notion that he is most definitely going to be a Skin LT by some of you is absurd. It looks to be 50/50 at best IMO.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I think you can only count that as giving up 1 starter. Mahomes is the other starter even if they have to wait a year.

MAhomes likely wont start this year.

Thats one year without a starter based on this trade.

They wont have a first rounder next year. So thats two years where they didnt get a contribution from a first round draft pick. And this assumes that they are actually ready to move on from Smith in 2018. If the Chiefs make the playoffs and Smith is looking solid, nothing about the cap situation or Andy reid says that he will replace Smith out of hand in 2018. So there is an even chance MAhomes doesnt even see the field until 2019.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAhomes likely wont start this year.

Thats one year without a starter based on this trade.

They wont have a first rounder next year. So thats two years where they didnt get a contribution from a first round draft pick. And this assumes that they are actually ready to move on from Smith in 2018. If the Chiefs make the playoffs and Smith is looking solid, nothing about the cap situation or Andy reid says that he will replace Smith out of hand in 2018. So there is an even chance MAhomes doesnt even see the field until 2019.

I don't think they really have a genuine chance until they replace smith so I think it was kind of necessary.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be shocked if Mahomes is playing by the end of this year.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he rides the bench for 2 years lol.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Lets look at the Top paid QBS in the game.....

Brady -- GOAT

Luck -- Higher upside than any other QB in the game right now. THATS what the Colts are hedging their bets on. Has all the physical and mental tools to be the next Manning/Brady.

Brees -- Super Bowl winner

Flacco -- Super Bowl winner

Rodgers -- See above

Wilson -- Again...

Roethlisberger -- See above

Manning -- See above AGAIN!

Newton -- AGAIN!!

Ryan -- Got his team to the SB this year...

Palmer/Rivers -- 13-14 year veterans who have done it over the long haul. Never won the big one but have been solid. Realistically, Cousins is probably as close to these guys as anyone, only they have done it for ALOT longer than two years...

Cousins -- 5 year veteran, a playoff appearance, a couple nice seasons, but lets pay him significantly more than these guys....He shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as these "losers":think:

View attachment 160086

Flacco- 13-19 over the last two seasons

Newton- 6-10 last season

Ryan before last season- 18-30 over three seasons prior

Rivers- 1 playoff appearance in 7 seasons and not a single ten win season

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newton- 6-10 last season

Not that QB wins means anything really but... theres no way that Rivers part is true. Werent they like 13-3 that one year?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Hes gone 14-2, 13-3, and 11-5.

Plus 3 9-7 seasons and 2 8-8 seasons.

Not sure what that should tell you though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that QB wins means anything really but... theres no way that Rivers part is true. Werent they like 13-3 that one year?

Actually, it is absolutely true. QB wins don't mean everything but some argue that is all that matters.

13-3 was 8 years ago.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is absolutely true. QB wins don't mean everything but some argue that is all that matters.

13-3 was 8 years ago.

Ah didnt catch the in 7 seasons bit.

But yea I know some people will say its all that matters but Id argue its pretty useless info. Thats like looking at one pixel on your TV and trying to see what happened on the play. Too much else going on.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah didnt catch the in 7 seasons bit.

But yea I know some people will say its all that matters but Id argue its pretty useless info. Thats like looking at one pixel on your TV and trying to see what happened on the play. Too much else going on.

I think it matters but not as much a PPG rank for offense. QBs job is to score points.

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, and Doug Williams have SB victories.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newton- 6-10 last season

Two Super Bowl winners, another who should have won one this year, and Rivers as ehb said, a solid QB who had a 46-18 record his first four years as starter and took SD deep into the playoffs several times....thats why they got the big contracts... so whats your point?

KC isnt there yet...last I checked he is pretty much a good QB on a .500 team. He could just as easily have a really shitty run without even sniffing the success these guys have had. JMHO

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two Super Bowl winners, another who should have won one this year, and Rivers as ehb said, a solid QB who had a 46-18 record his first four years as starter and took SD deep into the playoffs several times....thats why they got the big contracts... so whats your point?

KC isnt there yet...last I checked he is pretty much a good QB on a .500 team. He could just as easily have a really shitty run without even sniffing the success these guys have had. JMHO

I am not begrudging them their contracts; however, I am defending KC for a contract. I am not sure how he can have as shitty a run as those guys considering what he has done in spite of our defense.