• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he wouldn't accept that.

Who wouldn't have accepted that? That offer was put up by KC's side. The Redskins turned it down.

Now, a year later, are you suggesting KC should accept that kind of offer? You have to be kidding. Why would he accept 19 million a season with far less guaranteed than he is making with the tag? Every year, his ask SHOULD and WILL go up. Had the Skins just accepted that original offer, they would have already paid off the entire guaranteed portion of KC's contract and we would have saved 5 million in cap dollars if we assume a straight 19 million each season. KC would also be under contract for 2 more years after this season with our team having the right to cut him at 100% savings.

2016 season played on the tag...19 million
Could have been his actual salary...19 million
BREAK EVEN

2017 season played on the tag...24 million
5 MILLION MORE

2018 season projection...26 million
Could have been his actual salary...19 million (6 million of this was guaranteed)
7 MILLION MORE

2019 season projection...29 million
10 MILLION MORE

22 MILLION CAP DOLLARS WASTED OVER A 4 YEAR SPAN.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was never offered. Last year the Skins reportedly offered $15M a year with $20M guaranteed.

This year they have reportedly offered $20M a year for six years with $25M guaranteed. So in effect they wanted to have all the guaranteed money count against this year, and have him for six years with basically the option to release him at any time as all the guaranteed money would be accounted for.

If you would like me to break down what i suspect they offered

Year 1 fully guaranteed at $25M
Year two thru six would have an average NON guaranteed salary of around average 19M a year, but as all that money would have been non guaranteed, in effect it would be a 1 year $25M contract, with buy in options by a certain date of each year, and if they decided NOT to buy in, Kirk would become a free agent and the Skins would not owe any further bonus money because they in effect paid it all in 2017.

Now that would be sweet for the team, because they would basically be on a contracted year to year lease. But no player in thier right mind would have accepted what they were offering

That is my whole point. He wouldn't accept any offer. tell that to skinsdad.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wouldn't have accepted that? That offer was put up by KC's side. The Redskins turned it down.

Now, a year later, are you suggesting KC should accept that kind of offer? You have to be kidding. Why would he accept 19 million a season with far less guaranteed than he is making with the tag? Every year, his ask SHOULD and WILL go up. Had the Skins just accepted that original offer, they would have already paid off the entire guaranteed portion of KC's contract and we would have saved 5 million in cap dollars if we assume a straight 19 million each season. KC would also be under contract for 2 more years after this season with our team having the right to cut him at 100% savings.

2016 season played on the tag...19 million
BREAK EVEN

2017 season played on the tag...24 million
5 MILLION MORE

2018 season projection...26 million
Could have been his actual salary...19 million (6 million of this was guaranteed)
7 MILLION MORE

2019 season projection...29 million
10 MILLION MORE

22 MILLION CAP DOLLARS WASTED OVER A 4 YEAR SPAN.

You have it wrong. Skinsdad is saying a fair offer was offered to Kc but Allen shot it down. I agree there were low ball offers and both parties wanted the tag.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark never said he wouldn't accept any offer dean. You are the only one saying this. This is where you start putting your own spin on things. All shark is saying is that it made no sense for KC to accept THAT offer.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is your opinion. Now we know he has not accepted any of the offers that Bruce had made, mainly because all of the offers made have been lowball offers. We also know, he has signed his franchise tender. Generally when players dont want to be some place, they hold out against the tender.

So just because he refuses to lower his ask to something that YOU feel is right, doesnt mean he wont accept any long term offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark never said he wouldn't accept any offer dean. You are the only one saying this. This is where you start putting your own spin on things. All shark is saying is that it made no sense for KC to accept THAT offer.

I agree. I said KC was not going to accept a low ball offer and wanted to play on the tag. Skinsdad is the one who thinks a fair offer was made to KC after the 2015 season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your opinion. Now we know he has not accepted any of the offers that Bruce had made, mainly because all of the offers made have been lowball offers. We also know, he has signed his franchise tender. Generally when players dont want to be some place, they hold out against the tender.

So just because he refuses to lower his ask to something that YOU feel is right, doesnt mean he wont accept any long term offer.

You guys are missing the point. No real offer to KC was made. I was just debating skinsdad. He thinks a real LTD was made. Both sides wanted the tag. Plus Kc could still sign here long term after next season. that is not out of the question.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are missing the point. No real offer to KC was made. I was just debating skinsdad. He thinks a real LTD was made. Both sides wanted the tag. Plus Kc could still sign here long term after next season. that is not out of the question.
Why are you even debating this? We have no idea to the offers made on either side. Who cares who is right here? Our only insight into this is the media. And they are proven wrong way more times than right. All we know is that offers have been made and none has been acceptable to either sides at this time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen to this.

Junkies react to Kirk Cousins' comments on Redskins Nation

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you even debating this? We have no idea to the offers made on either side. Who cares who is right here? Our only insight into this is the media. And they are proven wrong way more times than right. All we know is that offers have been made and none has been acceptable to either sides at this time.

I agree with you. Im debating this with skinsdad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speculation. when was this?

You have it wrong. Skinsdad is saying a fair offer was offered to Kc but Allen shot it down. I agree there were low ball offers and both parties wanted the tag.

the offer was fair at the time and it was shot down as reported

I agree. I said KC was not going to accept a low ball offer and wanted to play on the tag. Skinsdad is the one who thinks a fair offer was made to KC after the 2015 season.

same as above

yes an offer like that was made and killed by allen , as has been reported and i have posted

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you read the article I put up? KC's crew put up a very fair offer of 19 mil a season with 44 mil guaranteed.

Allen shot that down.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the article I put up? KC's crew put up a very fair offer of 19 mil a season with 44 mil guaranteed.

Allen shot that down.
he doesnt want to look at it because it doesnt fit his BS narrative he knows allen shut it down he is just gets amnesia when facts are put out there

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just to recap

Option one, Kirk should be resigned but not at a market value deal because he is not elite and does not deserve to get paid like a top tier QB

Option two, We should only resign Kirk if its a below market deal. But even then we should really consider not signing him long term because in doing so we all but guarantee we take ourselves out of the market for a QB for the forseeable future.

450+ posts on this thread, and this is still where we are. :suds:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen shot that down.

that was after the 2015 season. They didn't want to give him that 44mg after one good season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just to recap

Option one, Kirk should be resigned but not at a market value deal because he is not elite and does not deserve to get paid like a top tier QB

Option two, We should only resign Kirk if its a below market deal. But even then we should really consider not signing him long term because in doing so we all but guarantee we take ourselves out of the market for a QB for the forseeable future.

450+ posts on this thread, and this is still where we are. :suds:

I dontt think there is a risk in losing KC. Simple as that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dontt think there is a risk in losing KC. Simple as that.

Please clarify.

You dont think we will lose him

Or are you saying, you dont think we risk taking a step back if we lose him??

I would like to be sure of what you were saying before I respond.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please clarify.

You dont think we will lose him

Or are you saying, you dont think we risk taking a step back if we lose him??

I would like to be sure of what you were saying before I respond.

If KC succeeds this year we wont lose him. We can give him a LTD or just match any offer from the transition tag. So I don't know what everyone is worried about.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC succeeds this year we wont lose him. We can give him a LTD or just match any offer from the transition tag. So I don't know what everyone is worried about.

So at the risk of sounding like that math teacher you hated growing up...

Please show your work.

Because reality is this, if Kirk Succeeds and we trans tag him, why would another team NOT make him an offer that the Skins either cant or wont want to match. So the trans tag really is not guarantee we keep him, and likely would be a guarantee that he leaves.

The Franchise tag would guarantee we keep him for another year, but only if its of the exclusive type yet again.

Because lets be honest, success at this point means Kirk performs at an elite level. And take off the homer glasses and the Bruce Allen underoos for a moment and THINK... if you are the Niners, are you going to make Kirk an offer you think the Skins will match and do their negotiating for them?? And if Kirk has transcended, would you even blink at giving up two first rounders for an elite QB??