• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Luck has had more success than KC as of right now. Has won more big games. Besides the Eagles game to get us in the playoffs what big game has KC actually won?

How have the Colts done the last two seasons? Luck has also had 3.5 more years of opportunity.

Pretty much the entire run we made to get into the playoffs were big games.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is laughable that Kc will win the Super bowl elsewhere with the three teams that I mentioned. I never said KC will never be good enough. I want to see more from him this year. KC wants to play on the tag. He wants to bet on himself so he can get the most possible money next year. Fine with me. Prove it to me this year.

The Niners have the cap space to outbid us. They have one of the top 5 offensive minded coaches in the NFL. And they have a front office that is more concerned with winning on the field than they are looking good on sports center. Add to it a GM that realizes that chasing the elite QB is a recipe for disaster, and I think if Kirk goes there next year, they win a Lombardi long before we find that elite QB you are hoping for.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark this is typical move the goalpost BS people do . this time last season the mantra was "prove it then pay him " .
he does it and now they want something else

KC has been a top 85 player in the nfl for the PAST 2 SEASONS . what more does it take ?

its this bumbling FO that is at fault . you had your chance to sign him to a reasonable deal and you shoved your finger up your ass and got shown up . now you have to pay him

then we have MR 20/20 hindsight captain bet hedger talking about so called facts

fact is he could leave

i think he stays because the vibe i am getting is negotiations are moving forward but to say we cant lose him is just plain stupid

Skinsdad... thing is, if Kirk finally hits the goal post, then decides... you know Im tired of dealing with a front office and fanbase that wishes the other guy had succeeded, and he decides to roll out to greener pastures. Fans here will call him a dick because he made the best move for him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinsdad62

The only people more skilled at moving the goal posts than the Skins front office and fanbase are these guys...

rp-fb-dicreed.jpg

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... thing is, if Kirk finally hits the goal post, then decides... you know Im tired of dealing with a front office and fanbase that wishes the other guy had succeeded, and he decides to roll out to greener pastures. Fans here will call him a dick because he made the best move for him.

I don't think that you are reading the situation accurately. All recent interviews with Cousins appear to show him as being very happy in DC & with his current situation. Would he perhaps be happier with a big long term deal? Sure - but I don't believe that it keeps him up at night. I also believe that - by a mile - most Redskins fans are behind Cousins - don't let the opinions of a handful of naysayers on this & similar forums fool you - they don't represent most fans. I know very few fans who don't support him.

Beyond that he is an NFL player & all business. These guys don't think like us - they realize that there are going to be detractors & can't get caught up in their emotions (especially QBs). There are always going to be fans who don't like you - you just move on. If Cousins eventually leaves it will be primarily based on $$ and/or a better opportunity to win more games.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have the cap space to outbid us. They have one of the top 5 offensive minded coaches in the NFL. And they have a front office that is more concerned with winning on the field than they are looking good on sports center. Add to it a GM that realizes that chasing the elite QB is a recipe for disaster, and I think if Kirk goes there next year, they win a Lombardi long before we find that elite QB you are hoping for.

If you think Lynch realizes that chasing a elite QB is a recipe for a disaster then how do you explain them picking up KC next year at top top dollar? lol. They are going to be a top 8 pick next year so why spend crazy money for Kc when they can just draft a qb and develop him. IF Lynch believes what you said then KC wouldn't be an option for them next year/

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have the Colts done the last two seasons? Luck has also had 3.5 more years of opportunity.

Pretty much the entire run we made to get into the playoffs were big games.

That is b/c Luck has been hurt. cmon man. Luck has three playoff wins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Lynch realizes that chasing a elite QB is a recipe for a disaster then how do you explain them picking up KC next year at top top dollar? lol. They are going to be a top 8 pick next year so why spend crazy money for Kc when they can just draft a qb and develop him. IF Lynch believes what you said then KC wouldn't be an option for them next year/

I know logic is hard for you to follow some times, but here goes.

Lets just say Kirk has another 4500 yards passing 25-30 TD season with less than 15 INTs. At that point it doesnt matter how the Skins actually finish. You have a three year starter who has averaged 4500 yards and 25 TDs passing per season, Now you could pay for that in a guy who you already know what you are getting. Or the other option is, take a rookie who no matter HOW good he looks at the combine, is still a rookie. As you easily have the cap space, you could pay Kirk, then use that top eight pick to say, bolster the line, or the defense, or anything other than investing on a rookie that you will then need to spend the next few years grooming at the QB position.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather a good QB

or

a QB that has a 10% chance of being great, a 20% chance of being good to decent, and a 70% chance of being a failure? This is what the draft gets you no matter how good the collegiate was.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know logic is hard for you to follow some times, but here goes.

Lets just say Kirk has another 4500 yards passing 25-30 TD season with less than 15 INTs. At that point it doesnt matter how the Skins actually finish. You have a three year starter who has averaged 4500 yards and 25 TDs passing per season, Now you could pay for that in a guy who you already know what you are getting. Or the other option is, take a rookie who no matter HOW good he looks at the combine, is still a rookie. As you easily have the cap space, you could pay Kirk, then use that top eight pick to say, bolster the line, or the defense, or anything other than investing on a rookie that you will then need to spend the next few years grooming at the QB position.

There you got quoting stats again. Winning means more than stats. Logic is winning not stats. You just contradicted yourself that he wouldn't over pay for a QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather a good QB

or

a QB that has a 10% chance of being great, a 20% chance of being good to decent, and a 70% chance of being a failure? This is what the draft gets you no matter how good the collegiate was.

I want a Qb who is a proven winner of I am paying top dollar for that person. You can strike gold in the draft. Just b/c a qb puts up great numbers doesn't mean he is going to succeed in a new team and new system.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a Qb who is a proven winner of I am paying top dollar for that person. You can strike gold in the draft. Just b/c a qb puts up great numbers doesn't mean he is going to succeed in a new team and new system.
Where are you continuing to get this he wants "top dollar" crap? Please point to one quote from him or his agent that has said this is their demand?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you got quoting stats again. Winning means more than stats. Logic is winning not stats. You just contradicted yourself that he wouldn't over pay for a QB.

Thats the thing, if a starting QB costs you in the range of 20-25M a year, how is it overpaying?? Right now there are 8 QBs making $21M or more this year. If winning means everything, then there are quite a few QBs being overpaid by your criteria. But I dont think the Panthers are planning to save any cap space by ditching Newton any time soon. I get it. you think its elite money and Kirk is not elite. But reality is, the cost of QBs aint going down any time soon. So the choice is, pay the man or go back into the pool. Its going to be interesting if he actually hits the FA market next year, and I think alot of people are going to be shocked at the amount of money he gets if he has a similar year to the last two.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you continuing to get this he wants "top dollar" crap? Please point to one quote from him or his agent that has said this is their demand?

We are talking about next year if he plays well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing, if a starting QB costs you in the range of 20-25M a year, how is it overpaying?? Right now there are 8 QBs making $21M or more this year. If winning means everything, then there are quite a few QBs being overpaid by your criteria. But I dont think the Panthers are planning to save any cap space by ditching Newton any time soon. I get it. you think its elite money and Kirk is not elite. But reality is, the cost of QBs aint going down any time soon. So the choice is, pay the man or go back into the pool. Its going to be interesting if he actually hits the FA market next year, and I think alot of people are going to be shocked at the amount of money he gets if he has a similar year to the last two.

He will get the transition tag no matter what. My question to you is lets say the 49ers make an offer to KC on the transition tag and the Skins match it. Can KC say I don't want to play for the Skins and sign with the 49ers? Does KC have control on where he plays on the transition tag next year?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get the transition tag no matter what. My question to you is lets say the 49ers make an offer to KC on the transition tag and the Skins match it. Can KC say I don't want to play for the Skins and sign with the 49ers? Does KC have control on where he plays on the transition tag next year?

NO he doesnt. If the Niners make an offer and the Skins match, he has to play for the Skins.

But let me ask you, if you were in the market to purchase a house, and you knew that some one else was interested and would likely match your offer, would you even bother making an offer?? What makes you think the Niners would make him an offer that the Skins would match?? If he is on the transition tag, and the Niners do make him an offer, they will make it an offer that the Skins CANT match. And with almost 115M in cap space, making him an offer the Skins CANT match would be rather easy actually.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO he doesnt. If the Niners make an offer and the Skins match, he has to play for the Skins.

But let me ask you, if you were in the market to purchase a house, and you knew that some one else was interested and would likely match your offer, would you even bother making an offer?? What makes you think the Niners would make him an offer that the Skins would match?? If he is on the transition tag, and the Niners do make him an offer, they will make it an offer that the Skins CANT match. And with almost 115M in cap space, making him an offer the Skins CANT match would be rather easy actually.

The skins could call there bluff and let the 49ers vastly overpay. How long do the skins have to place the transition tag on him after the season is over?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins could call there bluff and let the 49ers vastly overpay. How long do the skins have to place the transition tag on him after the season is over?

And thats where you are wrong. Its not about WHAT they pay him, its on HOW the deal is structured. Meaning the Skins could offer him five years $120M with $60M in guaranteed, but because the Niners have twice the cap space, they could offer the same over all value, and just front load the deal and Washington would have no choice but to decline to match unless they are going to rework 20% of the roster to come up with the cap space to match.

Trans tag has to be placed three weeks before the new league year, so roughly six weeks after the Super Bowl concludes.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is b/c Luck has been hurt. cmon man. Luck has three playoff wins.

IMO Luck is one of the most overrated QB's in the league.everyone makes excuses for him time and time again.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats where you are wrong. Its not about WHAT they pay him, its on HOW the deal is structured. Meaning the Skins could offer him five years $120M with $60M in guaranteed, but because the Niners have twice the cap space, they could offer the same over all value, and just front load the deal and Washington would have no choice but to decline to match unless they are going to rework 20% of the roster to come up with the cap space to match.

Trans tag has to be placed three weeks before the new league year, so roughly six weeks after the Super Bowl concludes.

So a LTD can we worked out before the transition tag is even placed on him? Yes the 49ers could get tricky with the numbers but if they are picking top 3 next year a rookie QB could be in there interests. Its all speculation of course.