• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they doubt his talents, why tag him at the insane rate they did? That, again, makes no sense.

They wanted some sort of compensation for him on the tag. Plus there is still an option to trade off the tag. This fiasco would not be happening if we were dealing with Rodgers, Ryan,Carr, or Stafford. Yes its talent.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure WTF you are talking about. Always pointing the finger to the FO direction. Don't even mention the fact that KC is playing hard ball and quite frankly won't sign for any amount of money, period! He wants out and that is becoming increasingly clear. Looking at the 2018 QB draft class should and will be something worth looking at since we may be looking to replace Cousins. IMO, if KC decides not to sign, the Skins have to look at what's best for the team at that point, not KC. Make that deal with KC to the Niners for a 1st next year and Hoyer. It's not the ideal situation since you brought in Pryor however, its what is best for the team, not an individual.

It is the FO fault it comes to this. KC isn't playing hard ball if money is not the issue. How is it increasingly clear when the FO STILL hasn't put forth a respectable offer?

Of course the Skins have to do what is best for the Skins...nobody is claiming they shouldn't. What would have been best is paying him 19 mil a season on a five year contract last offseason. Whose fault? The FO.

What would have been best this season after KC proved it? Offer him 23-24 mil a season with 50 mil guaranteed at the combine? What did we offer? 20 mil with shit guaranteed. That is on the FO.

What makes you think SF will do that when they can wait until next season and get KC for free? They will likely have a high pick they can trade to us for four first rounders and three seconds, get KC in FA, and Pryor.

Oh, I bet you didn't think about that. Why would Pryor want to stay? Let's say Pryor puts up 1300 yards and 10 TDs with KC. Why would he stay here when he can follow his QB to another team?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the FO fault it comes to this. KC isn't playing hard ball if money is not the issue. How is it increasingly clear when the FO STILL hasn't put forth a respectable offer?

Of course the Skins have to do what is best for the Skins...nobody is claiming they shouldn't. What would have been best is paying him 19 mil a season on a five year contract last offseason. Whose fault? The FO.

What would have been best this season after KC proved it? Offer him 23-24 mil a season with 50 mil guaranteed at the combine? What did we offer? 20 mil with shit guaranteed. That is on the FO.

What makes you think SF will do that when they can wait until next season and get KC for free? They will likely have a high pick they can trade to us for four first rounders and three seconds, get KC in FA, and Pryor.

Oh, I bet you didn't think about that. Why would Pryor want to stay? Let's say Pryor puts up 1300 yards and 10 TDs with KC. Why would he stay here when he can follow his QB to another team?

lol. Pryor did not come here b/c of KC. Pryor couldn't get his LTD he was looking for so he settled for a one year deal with us. Now you are getting crazy. You think Jeffery wanted to play with Wentz? Eagles gave the highest one year offer that is why he went there.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's bullshit. Most fans will call KC a money hog and wasn't willing to commit here. I know you cant understand this but the FO doubts KC talent. Forget the stats. It's a talent issue.

And I know you refuse to accept it, but if Kirk is willing to tun down $100M guaranteed, it aint about the money.

Just not sure WTF you are talking about. Always pointing the finger to the FO direction. Don't even mention the fact that KC is playing hard ball and quite frankly won't sign for any amount of money, period! He wants out and that is becoming increasingly clear. Looking at the 2018 QB draft class should and will be something worth looking at since we may be looking to replace Cousins. IMO, if KC decides not to sign, the Skins have to look at what's best for the team at that point, not KC. Make that deal with KC to the Niners for a 1st next year and Hoyer. It's not the ideal situation since you brought in Pryor however, its what is best for the team, not an individual.

The front office is the reason we are where we are. And a trade wont happen because if Kirk doesnt want to be here, why would the Niners give up ANYTHING for him when they can wait a year and avoid the drama. Plus I dont see Kyle doing Dan any favors and bailing him out of this mess that he and Bruce created.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Pryor did not come here b/c of KC. Pryor couldn't get his LTD he was looking for so he settled for a one year deal with us. Now you are getting crazy. You think Jeffery wanted to play with Wentz? Eagles gave the highest one year offer that is why he went there.

Did I say that? Learn basic comprehension.

Pryor and Jeffrey went on one year deals for two reasons...

1- reasonably high single year salary. Pryor was offered more by Cleveland I believe so it wasn't necessarily the highest.

2- reasonable QB play or ties to the OC.

If you are on a one year deal, trying to cash in a LTD the following season, do you go to the Rams if they are the highest bidder or do you go to a 5,000 yard passer in need of a WR? You take less to come here so you can cash in next season. SF has a ton of cap room next season and the likely landing spot for KC. KC gets there and says Pryor is the fucking bomb and we need WRs...who resembles Julio Jones...can we get him?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say that? Learn basic comprehension.

Pryor and Jeffrey went on one year deals for two reasons...

1- reasonably high single year salary. Pryor was offered more by Cleveland I believe so it wasn't necessarily the highest.

2- reasonable QB play or ties to the OC.

If you are on a one year deal, trying to cash in a LTD the following season, do you go to the Rams if they are the highest bidder or do you go to a 5,000 yard passer in need of a WR? You take less to come here so you can cash in next season. SF has a ton of cap room next season and the likely landing spot for KC. KC gets there and says Pryor is the fucking bomb and we need WRs...who resembles Julio Jones...can we get him?

Pryor was not offered more money by Cle on a one year deal. Cle didn't give Pryor what he wanted on a LTD so he bolted. Which was retarded b/c Cle has huge cap room. You should be bashing Cle front office for loosing Pryor. I thought we gave the highest one year offer for Pryor the same thing goes for Jeffery. These guys looked at the highest offers and that is it. They didn't look at the QB's. That is my point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I know you refuse to accept it, but if Kirk is willing to tun down $100M guaranteed, it aint about the money.

The front office is the reason we are where we are. And a trade wont happen because if Kirk doesnt want to be here, why would the Niners give up ANYTHING for him when they can wait a year and avoid the drama. Plus I dont see Kyle doing Dan any favors and bailing him out of this mess that he and Bruce created.

Fine then that is a disservice to the fans.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine then that is a disservice to the fans.

So you would still be pissed and blame Kirk because the front office has done everything they could to make him want to leave, then figures well we need him.. so just throw a bunch of money at him??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would still be pissed and blame Kirk because the front office has done everything they could to make him want to leave, then figures well we need him.. so just throw a bunch of money at him??

If the 100mg offer was made? Of course. Its not going to happen anyways. Im prepared for anything right now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 100mg offer was made? Of course. Its not going to happen anyways. Im prepared for anything right now.

I dont care if $500M guaranteed is offered. If the man has determined he doesnt want to work for the Skins and is turning down the money... it has NOTHING to do with Money at that point. What dont you get about that.

Right now the Redskins are trying to figure out CAN we get Kirk to stay, but Im thinking like you say... he might not want to be HERE at any price.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports a long-term deal between the Redskins and franchise-tagged Kirk Cousins "is considered a long shot for the time being."

NFL Network analyst and former GM Charley Casserly agrees, saying he does not "see any way" the two sides reach a long-term deal. There was some optimism about a new deal earlier this month -- Schefter does say there is "an improved tone between the two sides" -- but it seems like the July 17 deadline will pass without an agreement. Cousins is scheduled to make $23.94 million on the one-year franchise tender.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jun 27 - 10:18 AM

I didn't think a deal will get done. IMO KC wants FA. If a LTD was going to get done the numbers would be insane. I agree with Casserly here. Well, start looking at trade options and scout those 2018 QB's.

Well if Schefter just said it isn't likely, then you all should know that means there's a good chance it actually happens. Schefter is a newsmaker, not a reporter.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor was not offered more money by Cle on a one year deal. Cle didn't give Pryor what he wanted on a LTD so he bolted. Which was retarded b/c Cle has huge cap room. You should be bashing Cle front office for loosing Pryor. I thought we gave the highest one year offer for Pryor the same thing goes for Jeffery. These guys looked at the highest offers and that is it. They didn't look at the QB's. That is my point.

True, not on a one year deal. There is no telling if anybody offered more on a year. What we do know is he passed up 8.5 mil Cleveland and 10 and 11 million dollar per year, 4 year contracts. He came here for 6 mil a this season. I think he will actually be closer to 8 million because of the incentives. Why didn't he stay in Cleveland on a prove it deal. Logically, he can build his value better here.

Your point is pointless. If he puts up a 1300 yard, 10 TD season here with KC, and KC bolts to SF, what makes you think he won't recruit Pryor?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, not on a one year deal. There is no telling if anybody offered more on a year. What we do know is he passed up 8.5 mil Cleveland and 10 and 11 million dollar per year, 4 year contracts. He came here for 6 mil a this season. I think he will actually be closer to 8 million because of the incentives. Why didn't he stay in Cleveland on a prove it deal. Logically, he can build his value better here.

Your point is pointless. If he puts up a 1300 yard, 10 TD season here with KC, and KC bolts to SF, what makes you think he won't recruit Pryor?

I didn't think Cle offered him the one year deal. Why didn't Cle just franchise him? Why even allow him to hit Fa?Of course its possible Pryor could leave. You can say that about any player. Todays player especially WR's don't take home town discounts.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Cle offered him the one year deal. Why didn't Cle just franchise him? Why even allow him to hit Fa?Of course its possible Pryor could leave. You can say that about any player. Todays player especially WR's don't take home town discounts.

They didn't offer him one but he wanted to return to them. Why didn't they just offer him a one year deal? Why franchise him if you can get him for six mil? Then franchise him next season?

Again, the point is simple. SF can pay more than us for both KC and TP. Why would TP stay here if KC leaves?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't offer him one but he wanted to return to them. Why didn't they just offer him a one year deal? Why franchise him if you can get him for six mil? Then franchise him next season?

Again, the point is simple. SF can pay more than us for both KC and TP. Why would TP stay here if KC leaves?

We could always franchise Pryor. Plus if its about money which it usually is we will have enough to pay him with KC gone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuse? I gave you the reasons why I support the wait and see or trade or LTD. You want to give him whatever he wants including 90-100mg which will be needed to get this deal done. IF fans disagree with this line oft thinking you call them ABC's which is crazy. In the end you will be proven wrong again.
BS dean that is your latest and greatest spin . you want him gone for some shiny new draft picks

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS dean that is your latest and greatest spin . you want him gone for some shiny new draft picks

not bs is going to turn out to be true wait until 7/17

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What excuse? I gave you the reasons why I support the wait and see or trade or LTD. You want to give him whatever he wants including 90-100mg which will be needed to get this deal done. IF fans disagree with this line oft thinking you call them ABC's which is crazy. In the end you will be proven wrong again.
show any quote where i have advocated 90-100 mil

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in the hell is the skins FO tagging a guy THEY have to know wants out then ? they should have known this for a long time if they were competent . they could have signed him in 2015 on the cheap but chose otherwise it is their fault totally

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show any quote where i have advocated 90-100 mil

you said pay the man his market value. According to KC that is market value. Casserly already pointed this out numbers wise. The numbers don't match the talent at that level. Sure anything can happen in the future but there is risk.