• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because its unrealistic Dean. Kyle wants him sure, but Kyle also has a team with deep enough Salary Cap pockets that he wont BE outbid.

And if a first round pick is NOTHING, why are you and a few others drooling over it like its the last steak before the world beef population is depleted?? Smart money says they pay what it takes to sign Kirk as a free agent, then call up Dan and ask him... with or without lube??

Speculation again. The Jets and Browns have more money than the 49ers. Plus you don't know with cuts and restructuring if other teams will have more cap room. I just want to get something while we can. If the 49ers know they can get KC now for a 1st rounder there is no doubt in my mind they would jump at hat chance.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation again. The Jets and Browns have more money than the 49ers. Plus you don't know with cuts and restructuring if other teams will have more cap room. I just want to get something while we can. If the 49ers know they can get KC now for a 1st rounder there is no doubt in my mind they would jump at hat chance.

Outbid...there is more than money involved. SF will give a competitive contract and KC would sign it even if it isn't the highest. KC wants to be where he is wanted. Kyle has always wanted KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You assume Kirk wants to go to the Jets or the Browns. the reality is, look at it as if you were in charge. Would you be willing to give up a 1st rounder right now for Luck if you knew

1. He didnt want to be with the Colts.
2. He did want to come to DC
3. We had the cap space
4. The 1st rounder you were giving up MIGHT be a top five pick
5. You could simply wait, sign him and then instead of giving the Colts your first rounder...take their first rounder plus in trade for your top five pick??

Side note, you are speculating the fuck out of the concept that Kyle would give up a single pick just to avoid getting outbid for a QB that you even admits wants to go home to Kyle. Why is that??

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what KC has to look forward to next season. He will be with a coach and FO that wants him, a top three pick in the draft which will be traded for multiple first round and second round picks, and plenty of money to sign other quality players like Pryor.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume Kirk wants to go to the Jets or the Browns. the reality is, look at it as if you were in charge. Would you be willing to give up a 1st rounder right now for Luck if you knew

1. He didnt want to be with the Colts.
2. He did want to come to DC
3. We had the cap space
4. The 1st rounder you were giving up MIGHT be a top five pick
5. You could simply wait, sign him and then instead of giving the Colts your first rounder...take their first rounder plus in trade for your top five pick??

Side note, you are speculating the fuck out of the concept that Kyle would give up a single pick just to avoid getting outbid for a QB that you even admits wants to go home to Kyle. Why is that??

I would be willing to give up a 1st rounder for Rodgers if I knew he would sign with the Skins. You said yourself a deal isn't going to get done. So you at least try to trade him now or wait and see what happens next offseason.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what KC has to look forward to next season. He will be with a coach and FO that wants him, a top three pick in the draft which will be traded for multiple first round and second round picks, and plenty of money to sign other quality players like Pryor.

So if the 49ers have the #1 overall pick and KC is a FA asking for $30m a year coming off an average year the 49ers will pay it instead of drafting Darnold? Interesting.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to give up a 1st rounder for Rodgers if I knew he would sign with the Skins. You said yourself a deal isn't going to get done. So you at least try to trade him now or wait and see what happens next offseason.

Again dude...if you KNOW he is going to sign with you any way.. why would you give up a first rounder??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude...if you KNOW he is going to sign with you any way.. why would you give up a first rounder??

you don't know that for sure. a lot can happen in a year. Did you know the Jets would have this kind of cap space last year? no.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the 49ers have the #1 overall pick and KC is a FA asking for $30m a year coming off an average year the 49ers will pay it instead of drafting Darnold? Interesting.

In a hear beat. Because they could then trade that #1 pick and get 4 more from you guessed it.. Dan and Bruce.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know that for sure. a lot can happen in a year. Did you know the Jets would have this kind of cap space last year? no.

Actually I did. See i kinda look at all the teams cap space and projections.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I did. See i kinda look at all the teams cap space and projections.

yeah right. How could you forecast all the cuts the Jets made. lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you assume KC had an average year?

Why do you assume he is asking for 30 million a season?

Now to answer your stupid ass hypothetical...

I would prefer KC, the three first round picks and the three second round picks

Over

Darnold, which has a 20% chance of being as good as KC is.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah right. How could you forecast all the cuts the Jets made. lol

I dont have to forcast cuts. I can easily look up how much they are projected to have right now before cuts though.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you assume KC had an average year?

Why do you assume he is asking for 30 million a season?

Now to answer your stupid ass hypothetical...

I would prefer KC, the three first round picks and the three second round picks

Over

Darnold, which has a 20% chance of being as good as KC is.

its just my hypo. Sure then you forecast a ridiculous trade where there are many 1st round QBs in the draft. lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have to forcast cuts. I can easily look up how much they are projected to have right now before cuts though.

My point is you didn't know last year what guys would have been cut to create the cap space the Jets have now. Sure you can get ball park figures but to be exact is impossible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is you didn't know last year what guys would have been cut to create the cap space the Jets have now. Sure you can get ball park figures but to be exact is impossible.

I dont need to be exact to know that the Niners will likely have more cap space than the Jets when all is said and done, or us for that matter. I can base it off of available numbers.

Now sure some one could cut a rash of players to clear cp space.

But all your hypos lead to one conclusion.. the Skins delving into the draft next year. And you want that first rounder now because even you deep down know you wont be happy with the 4th or 5th rated QB in the draft... and neither will Dan Snyder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is forecasting the going rate or he will hit FA.
i dont give a damn what he is forcasting , predicting or any other thing , he isnt in KC's camp and saying KC is asking for something casserly is guessing about is BS . when you ask for something it comes from you not some 3rd party speculation

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont give a damn what he is forcasting , predicting or any other thing , he isnt in KC's camp and saying KC is asking for something casserly is guessing about is BS . when you ask for something it comes from you not some 3rd party speculation

we are never going to hear the offers or counteroffers.