• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees will soon be on the wrong side of 40. There is no future with

manning had the benefit of a great defense. He didn't win that SB, he was just along for the ride. He was done by the end of that season. Not sure we can give an old QB the same type of support. Actually, I am sure we can't.

while i agree he did not "win" the SB

that team would not have reached that point without him

Elway made that point loud and fucking clear

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if we built the best ground game and sign kirk LTD we would have 26 mill bus driver

And you would have a problem with this WHY exactly?? Oh right because Kirk just doesnt excite you enough right??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i agree he did not "win" the SB

that team would not have reached that point without him

Elway made that point loud and fucking clear
I would agree with that. But by the end of the season, he could barely throw the ball. He had nothing left. That's what happens when you turn 40. You just can't go like you once did. The body gives out much quicker. Basically, it sucks.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that. But by the end of the season, he could barely throw the ball. He had nothing left. That's what happens when you turn 40. You just can't go like you once did. The body gives out much quicker. Basically, it sucks.

no argument here ...

but if my memory serves me he was throwing bullets up into the playoffs

sure, he took a nice vacation during the season

and true ... this redskins team would not be the ideal landing spot for an aging QB

but ... given the right circumstances ... Manning proved it "could" work

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drop that money griddy ass and move the fuck on... mic drop spurrier out

How about you act like the real Spurrier & completely disassociate yourself from the Redskins. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument here ...

and true ... this redskins team would not be the ideal landing spot for an aging QB

And if we had a top five defense... I would agree with you.

But lets be honest, our defense could double its real production from the last two years and it would only make us middle of the pack.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument here ...

Perhaps but these older QBs can lose it very quickly especially if they incur some type of injury. It happened to Favre, Manning & others & it could easily happen to Brees or even Brady. They can train all the want, have the best nutrition in the world & talk about playing till 50. It doesn't matter - they could very possibly become very average in the next few years due to a variety of circumstances.

Beyond that - why the hell should the Redskins give more money to an aging Brees when they can get a very good QB in his prime for the same or less?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but these older QBs can lose it very quickly especially if they incur some type of injury. It happened to Favre, Manning & others & it could easily happen to Brees or even Brady.

Farve and Manning were both able to win the SB in their twilight

mic drop

i am not trying to tie this to the redskins per say

other then if we are willing to spend 25 on cousins

what is 3 million more for brees ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that think we could be in play for Darnold... here is what the Rams gave up to get Goff.

It is essentially the Rams' karmic payback for fleecing the Redskins back in 2012 for a treasure trove of picks that led to the selection of Robert Griffin III. The terms are as follows: Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

So six picks.... and mind you the titans actually DIDNT need a QB when they made the trade.

So on the off chance we finish 8-8, and pick in the 15 to 20 range.... .it will cost MORE. Because the odds are, the Jets, Browns or Niners will have that #1 pick, and unless one of THOSE teams has managed to sign Cousins, they will not be in a willing mood to trade that #1 pick if they need a QB. And even if they DO have a QB, with the hype surrounding Darnold, they would probably want more.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mic drop

You have to ask yourself, are we willing and capable of adjusting our playbook and roster to fit what Brees does?? IM not saying its impossible, but its improbable. Brees has a tendency to like to extend broken plays. All I see is Brees getting his head taken off because I honestly believe as good as our line looks, Kirk getting the ball out at one of the best clips in the NFL saves us from alot more sacks or oh shit plays than many people want to admit to.

Not that Brees CANT do it, but at 40 you aint teaching him new tricks, you are adjusting your system to what he does.... which is exactly what Denver did.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to ask yourself, are we willing and capable of adjusting our playbook and roster to fit what Brees does?? IM not saying its impossible, but its improbable. Brees has a tendency to like to extend broken plays. All I see is Brees getting his head taken off because I honestly believe as good as our line looks, Kirk getting the ball out at one of the best clips in the NFL saves us from alot more sacks or oh shit plays than many people want to admit to.

Not that Brees CANT do it, but at 40 you aint teaching him new tricks, you are adjusting your system to what he does.... which is exactly what Denver did.

agreed ...

and i dont see Gruden going for it

i would wager he sees himself as the QB whisperer

and @coach_spurrier_1 might not be as crazy as everyone claims

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which would be about market value
coach you understand the latest report if he hit the open market is 30 mil dont you ? so i dont know why i get face palmed when that is the going rate

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed ...

and i dont see Gruden going for it

i would wager he sees himself as the QB whisperer

and @coach_spurrier_1 might not be as crazy as everyone claims

OH no sir, he is Batshit mixed with PTSD and Daddy never hugged me and wished I was a boy crazy. Not a single doubt in my mind about that one.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH no sir, he is Batshit mixed with PTSD and Daddy never hugged me and wished I was a boy crazy. Not a single doubt in my mind about that one.

dont make spit out this perfectly good cheap beer ...

but seriously ...

i long for the days where we have qb controversy

sonny or billy

theismen or ANYBODY PLEASE !!!

doug vs Jay

Robert vs Kirk :nono:

competition is a good thing ... it brings the best out of people

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont make spit out this perfectly good cheap beer ...

but seriously ...

i long for the days where we have qb controversy

sonny or billy

theismen or ANYBODY PLEASE !!!

doug vs Jay

Robert vs Kirk :nono:

competition is a good thing ... it brings the best out of people

Only if its a real competition though. Bob had to royally suck ass, and it still took the Coach and GM basically betting their jobs to get Kirk a shot at starting. And even THEN, the only thing Kirk was competing for was to play well enough that the OWNER didnt bench him.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if its a real competition though. Bob had to royally suck ass, and it still took the Coach and GM basically betting their jobs to get Kirk a shot at starting. And even THEN, the only thing Kirk was competing for was to play well enough that the OWNER didnt bench him.

well, you are discussing TWO totally different issues

the GM/coach evaluating talent should be independent of ownership

but we have been conditioned to live in this fucked up world Snyder has boxed us into

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if we built the best ground game and sign kirk LTD we would have 26 mill dollar bus driver

Why would we pay a QB 25 mil a season and then build the BEST ground game? All we are asking is the ground game be a threat.

We could have the best ground game and Sudfeld at QB and not win a game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mic drop

FAvre won a SB late?

Because Brees isn't worth a long term contract in a new offense at his age. He can't win without a defense in NO, what makes us think he can win without a defense in DC?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that KC makes our OL look good.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you are discussing TWO totally different issues

the GM/coach evaluating talent should be independent of ownership

but we have been conditioned to live in this fucked up world Snyder has boxed us into

And Im hoping we actually break the cycle.

Sign Kirk, avoid another Rg3 trade, build the team. And if we HAPPEN to be sitting there with one of these 10 Elite QBs on the board at pick #22.. fuck it take him any way. :D