• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens fired their offensive coordinator

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman is far from elite.

Like Northern Canada, far.

I wasn't calling Trestman elite - I was calling Flacco elite, as in his coordinator killing skillz.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? It would be a big mistake to fire him IMO.

Maybe, but I got a saying that I gauge things by; "healthy things grow, growing things change, and changing things always challenge us"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I got a saying that I gauge things by; "healthy things grow, growing things change, and changing things always challenge us"

Change just for the sake of change though could actually set the franchise back. I remember the Broncos fired Shanahan after a few disappointing seasons. I did agree with him being let go as the team was struggling to be anything but 8-8, were in dead money hell, and the drafts/FA pick ups just were not panning out. At the same time that change sunk this team to the lowest it had ever been when McDaniels came in the building. Now thankfully that dumpster fire ended up bringing Elway to the Broncos and what we have today but that first change just about destroyed us for a while.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change just for the sake of change though could actually set the franchise back. I remember the Broncos fired Shanahan after a few disappointing seasons. I did agree with him being let go as the team was struggling to be anything but 8-8, were in dead money hell, and the drafts/FA pick ups just were not panning out. At the same time that change sunk this team to the lowest it had ever been when McDaniels came in the building. Now thankfully that dumpster fire ended up bringing Elway to the Broncos and what we have today but that first change just about destroyed us for a while.

But the point is, without the change, you would not have grown to what the team is now !!!
There's usually an awkward stage in growing, puberty....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the point is, without the change, you would not have grown to what the team is now !!!
There's usually an awkward stage in growing, puberty....

True I'm just saying sometimes change doesn't bring about growth. Look at the Browns. They have gone through changes maybe more than any other team and well those changes seem to just keep making them worse which seems just about impossible. We see all too often teams continue just to stay in the dumps.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True I'm just saying sometimes change doesn't bring about growth. Look at the Browns. They have gone through changes maybe more than any other team and well those changes seem to just keep making them worse which seems just about impossible. We see all too often teams continue just to stay in the dumps.

They have made progress at times but then create their own set backs...It's like keeping a child out of the sunlight and feeding him nothing but sugar, it will stunt his growth....Remember, I said healthy things grow, they don't qualify...Nice insight though !!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have made progress at times but then create their own set backs...It's like keeping a child out of the sunlight and feeding him nothing but sugar, it will stunt his growth....Remember, I said healthy things grow, they don't qualify...Nice insight though !!

Right but is Baltimore a healthy thing right now? This goes beyond John Harbaugh. They don't have a healthy cap situation (that one is on the FO/GM), they have an aging defense, have struggled drafting quality players as of recent. There are many things to look at to get this franchise back on track and I'm not sure firing Harbaugh solves all those issues. It is just not the healthiest franchise out there.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but is Baltimore a healthy thing right now? This goes beyond John Harbaugh. They don't have a healthy cap situation (that one is on the FO/GM), they have an aging defense, have struggled drafting quality players as of recent. There are many things to look at to get this franchise back on track and I'm not sure firing Harbaugh solves all those issues. It is just not the healthiest franchise out there.

It's 3-2, has several young players who look to be a good bet to be stars, cap is not in trouble as you seem to always assume....Baltimore has a system and it starts with Steve B, Harbs stepped into a winning system, he didn't bring it with him, it was already here...I'd say with all the winning this team has done in just 20 yrs of existence that it is a winning formula and a very healthy one....We could and should be 5-0 right not were it not for bad coaching decisions and lack of discipline on the players to do their job...
Penalties and and some misfortune is the only thing that got in the way....A pretty easy fix if you're honest...
Some players were cut, and Trestman, the team is reporting a rejuvenated exitement already that Mark is gone and Marty is in at OC....Our D is ranked top 5 overall and as bad as the O has played, they were in and could have won the 2 they lost and did win the other 3....It amazes me how optimistic you can be for the Broncos and Kubes well known health risk but quickly swing to the other side concerning other teams....
That Bronco D didn't look too healthy against Atlanta did it ?.....It put your HC in the hospital, typical Wade and Fade, that's what he does.....

Swords

Big Time Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played HS ball against Marty. His brother Shanon was a better QB in HS though.

and their HS head coach was Mike Holmgren.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 3-2, has several young players who look to be a good bet to be stars, cap is not in trouble as you seem to always assume....Baltimore has a system and it starts with Steve B, Harbs stepped into a winning system, he didn't bring it with him, it was already here...I'd say with all the winning this team has done in just 20 yrs of existence that it is a winning formula and a very healthy one....We could and should be 5-0 right not were it not for bad coaching decisions and lack of discipline on the players to do their job...
Penalties and and some misfortune is the only thing that got in the way....A pretty easy fix if you're honest...
Some players were cut, and Trestman, the team is reporting a rejuvenated exitement already that Mark is gone and Marty is in at OC....Our D is ranked top 5 overall and as bad as the O has played, they were in and could have won the 2 they lost and did win the other 3....It amazes me how optimistic you can be for the Broncos and Kubes well known health risk but quickly swing to the other side concerning other teams....
That Bronco D didn't look too healthy against Atlanta did it ?.....It put your HC in the hospital, typical Wade and Fade, that's what he does.....

I don't assume anything. I actually research and look at these things. The Cap for the Ravens isn't the worst in the NFL but it is quite a ways from being the healthiest in the NFL. And while you say you have a lot of young players that are a good bet to be stars we will just have to see how they develop. plenty of fans have thought they had lots of young stars just waiting to become something then nothing.

As for the Broncos I have plenty of concerns. I don't know what the long term answer is on the OL at this point. Both of our OT's were brought in from elsewhere and have had health issues throughout their careers. Stephenson has missed the last 4 games and his back up in those 4 games gave up 6 sacks. So depth on the OL is not looking good. I have no clue what Siemian or Lynch are at this point. I'm cautiously optimistic one of them will become something but plenty of QB's have looked good to start out their careers then fell apart as more film was out. Our DL doesn't quite have the same depth it did last year because of some injuries. Cap wise I love where the Broncos are at with pretty much every Core player locked up long-term for the next 3-5 years while the QB situation looks like it will be very cheap so they have a nice window to build through the draft and FA. I'm also excited by the Comp Picks coming the Broncos way this year especially when this will be the first year they are tradable. So good chance they can build some solid depth and hopefully find some good starters but that is never promised obviously with the draft.

My point was that change doesn't always bring about good but also staying the same doesn't always bring about good either. Hard to know what will happen until you get the chance to look back and analyze. You can put the blame on Harbaugh but doesn't mean replacing him solves your issues. Same with replacing the OC. Sometimes it doesn't always equal success. I understand why they made the change with the offense struggling. My guess is the issue goes much deeper than just the OC. Haven't watched any of the Ravens games this year but I have heard the OL has struggled and the run game just hasn't done much to really give them favorable 3rd down plays to have consistent offensive drives. That can be coaching but it can be a talent issue as well.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the issue goes much deeper than just the OC.

The offense was much more successful under Kubiak with less talent. On the flip side...I'm not sure Marty M. is the answer either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was much more successful under Kubiak with less talent. On the flip side...I'm not sure Marty M. is the answer either.

That was my point that kind of went over the head of Oldschool. Change doesn't always equal future success. Same with firing Harbaugh. Maybe it works out and the team continues to be one of the more successful franchises but there is the other side of that with the next guy being even worse and the team ignoring maybe the actual issues that were holding them back. I know many Bronco fans were excited when Josh McDaniels came to town. He was the most sought after Coordinator during that time and we "won." Well obviously that change did not equal success. It did thankfully change how our Owner went about things as he quickly called up John Elway and asked him to come save the franchise and thankfully that worked out well.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't assume anything. I actually research and look at these things. The Cap for the Ravens isn't the worst in the NFL but it is quite a ways from being the healthiest in the NFL. And while you say you have a lot of young players that are a good bet to be stars we will just have to see how they develop. plenty of fans have thought they had lots of young stars just waiting to become something then nothing.

As for the Broncos I have plenty of concerns. I don't know what the long term answer is on the OL at this point. Both of our OT's were brought in from elsewhere and have had health issues throughout their careers. Stephenson has missed the last 4 games and his back up in those 4 games gave up 6 sacks. So depth on the OL is not looking good. I have no clue what Siemian or Lynch are at this point. I'm cautiously optimistic one of them will become something but plenty of QB's have looked good to start out their careers then fell apart as more film was out. Our DL doesn't quite have the same depth it did last year because of some injuries. Cap wise I love where the Broncos are at with pretty much every Core player locked up long-term for the next 3-5 years while the QB situation looks like it will be very cheap so they have a nice window to build through the draft and FA. I'm also excited by the Comp Picks coming the Broncos way this year especially when this will be the first year they are tradable. So good chance they can build some solid depth and hopefully find some good starters but that is never promised obviously with the draft.

My point was that change doesn't always bring about good but also staying the same doesn't always bring about good either. Hard to know what will happen until you get the chance to look back and analyze. You can put the blame on Harbaugh but doesn't mean replacing him solves your issues. Same with replacing the OC. Sometimes it doesn't always equal success. I understand why they made the change with the offense struggling. My guess is the issue goes much deeper than just the OC. Haven't watched any of the Ravens games this year but I have heard the OL has struggled and the run game just hasn't done much to really give them favorable 3rd down plays to have consistent offensive drives. That can be coaching but it can be a talent issue as well.

You haven't watched any of our games but your guess is, it's deeper than the OC.....Yep, you are on crack.....You might want to focus on winning another game this yr without the HC and an aging Ware on the other side of de o Miller, who is just a matter of time before he gets popped for the ganja weed, a mediocre to bad runing game, Wade the Fade running the D....Atlanta just showed everyone that they are likely a flash in the pan....
And finally for the slow and retarded , healthy doesn't mean perfect, sometimes a tree has to be pruned so it can continue to grow and come back bigger and stronger than before....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched any of our games but your guess is, it's deeper than the OC.....Yep, you are on crack.....You might want to focus on winning another game this yr without the HC and an aging Ware on the other side of de o Miller, who is just a matter of time before he gets popped for the ganja weed, a mediocre to bad runing game, Wade the Fade running the D....Atlanta just showed everyone that they are likely a flash in the pan....
And finally for the slow and retarded , healthy doesn't mean perfect, sometimes a tree has to be pruned so it can continue to grow and come back bigger and stronger than before....

Well considering the NFL is pretty famous for finding a scape goat when things are going wrong yeah I would say things go deeper than just the OC. How about this I actually go watch the games then tell you what I see. If it is all just the playcaller calling terrible games then I will apologize. Maybe what I have been reading about the OL having some struggles early this year to open holes in the run game and protect Flacco are wrong. You are right I should actually see for myself instead of trusting my information with others. I mean that is nothing like you have done with the whole Kubiak in the hospital thing basing an opinion on little to no information.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point that kind of went over the head of Oldschool. Change doesn't always equal future success. Same with firing Harbaugh. Maybe it works out and the team continues to be one of the more successful franchises but there is the other side of that with the next guy being even worse and the team ignoring maybe the actual issues that were holding them back. I know many Bronco fans were excited when Josh McDaniels came to town. He was the most sought after Coordinator during that time and we "won." Well obviously that change did not equal success. It did thankfully change how our Owner went about things as he quickly called up John Elway and asked him to come save the franchise and thankfully that worked out well.

To be honest, I don't like any of Harbaugh's guys. Ultimately, his loyalty to his guys may cause him his job here. Bisciotti won't put with a sub par product for very long.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering the NFL is pretty famous for finding a scape goat when things are going wrong yeah I would say things go deeper than just the OC. How about this I actually go watch the games then tell you what I see. If it is all just the playcaller calling terrible games then I will apologize. Maybe what I have been reading about the OL having some struggles early this year to open holes in the run game and protect Flacco are wrong. You are right I should actually see for myself instead of trusting my information with others. I mean that is nothing like you have done with the whole Kubiak in the hospital thing basing an opinion on little to no information.

You're ridiculous man, I was concerned about Kubes health when he came here, and I was watching the game when he collapsed on the field...I also believe that is why Houston let him go, they were worried about his health...
But you think what you want, it's your prerogative , but act like you got all this inside info and no one knows like you know....You make yourself look like a butt head....
Kubes deal is just my opinion based on what I know, have observed and what I've read about it, the same as you...
As far as the Ravens changing OC during the season, go look up the stats on that in the past 5 yrs or so, it's all good....No guarantees but had to be done and is a high percentage move....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I don't like any of Harbaugh's guys. Ultimately, his loyalty to his guys may cause him his job here. Bisciotti won't put with a sub par product for very long.

That is what got Kubiak fired in Houston. Sometimes his loyalty to certain players and coaches blinded his ability to see clearly what was happening. In Denver thankfully he doesn't have as much say over those kind of things with Elway at the helm. He can voice his opinion but he knows if Elway sees a coach or player is not helping the team he has no problem being the bad guy and telling them to hit the road.