• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens fired their offensive coordinator

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say he was the only problem with the offense, but his play calling really hurt them this season.

Flacco should not have to throw 40+ times a game when the running game was working. They should be able to take more shots down the field with Wallace and Perriman and Moore on the team.

Funny enough, Cam Cameron was fired in 2012 after the Ravens lost to the Redskins, then they won the SB :whistle:
Get used to it under a Mornhinweg offense. That's all he likes to do.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love winning ugly, but it finally caught up with the Ravens.

I was flipping around and didn't stay on the WAS-BAL game long, I saw a lot of BAL last possession, but winning in BAL is always a good win.

That's only when we win if you ask me....:gaah:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get used to it under a Mornhinweg offense. That's all he likes to do.

I don't know that much about him but that he worked under Andy in Philly and Harbs is real familiar with him...
What troubles me is, if he is better than Trestman, and I don't think that takes a whole lot, why didn't Harbs hire him in the first place to call the plays ????
I think Harbs job is weighing in the balance this season, so either he has a winning season and stays or loses and gets the can....
Bad news for NE is, Josh would probably be #1 on our shopping list....Well mine anyway !!:dhd:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that much about him but that he worked under Andy in Philly and Harbs is real familiar with him...
What troubles me is, if he is better than Trestman, and I don't think that takes a whole lot, why didn't Harbs hire him in the first place to call the plays ????
I think Harbs job is weighing in the balance this season, so either he has a winning season and stays or loses and gets the can....
Bad news for NE is, Josh would probably be #1 on our shopping list....Well mine anyway !!:dhd:
They were talking about it on one of the sports shows this morning. They were joking that the HC would need to remind him they had RBs on the team.
We're getting used to people stealing the assistant coaches. Strange they move on and have had very little success.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about it on one of the sports shows this morning. They were joking that the HC would need to remind him they had RBs on the team.
We're getting used to people stealing the assistant coaches. Strange they move on and have had very little success.

I know the feeling, ours have had some success, but Kubes is our only SB winner.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they do this a few years ago? Fire the OC midseason?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they do this a few years ago? Fire the OC midseason?

Yes...in 2012 they fired Cameron and Caldwell took over.

It's pretty freakin' simple. Keep Flacco under center (instead of in the shotgun) and utilize play-action. Keep him to 25-30 throws a game and allow him to take his shots downfield.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you serious? Harbs is on the hotseat?

It is a bit odd if too much passing was the reason he got canned....Morningweg was known as sort of pass happy OC in PHI and he had Shaddy McCoy to habd the ball to.

I will say successful though...he got Vick to be a halfway decent pocket QB....Joe likes the deep ball and MW is sort of dink and dunk OFC...will be interesting to see how it works out.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Harbs is on the hotseat?

It is a bit odd if too much passing was the reason he got canned....Morningweg was known as sort of pass happy OC in PHI and he had Shaddy McCoy to habd the ball to.

I will say successful though...he got Vick to be a halfway decent pocket QB....Joe likes the deep ball and MW is sort of dink and dunk OFC...will be interesting to see how it works out.

Yea, I think if Harbs produces another losing season after a 3-0 start, he could be replaced...
But what I've read about Marty is that he will used his strong points to the fullest in each game whether run first, dink and dunk, or air it out....If the opposition has a weakness, you attack it, and keep on attacking it until they stop you....Trestman seemed to get an idea of what he wanted to do and keep trying it against the other teams strengths.....I really don't think Marty can be any worse, that offense reminded me of the Kyle Boller days..Scary bad !!!:eek:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think if Harbs produces another losing season after a 3-0 start, he could be replaced...
But what I've read about Marty is that he will used his strong points to the fullest in each game whether run first, dink and dunk, or air it out....If the opposition has a weakness, you attack it, and keep on attacking it until they stop you....Trestman seemed to get an idea of what he wanted to do and keep trying it against the other teams strengths.....I really don't think Marty can be any worse, that offense reminded me of the Kyle Boller days..Scary bad !!!:eek:

Wow, 4 seasons removed from a SB win...huh...I thought the Ravens kind of purged the squad after that and it might take 3 or 4 yrs to the roster back ready for another run.

Well I don't expect a losing season, but there a 7 tough games on the backend of the schedule...imo Morningwig might be able to change up a few things but changing terminology, etc in mid season and expect it to be smooth seems far fetched.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 4 seasons removed from a SB win...huh...I thought the Ravens kind of purged the squad after that and it might take 3 or 4 yrs to the roster back ready for another run.

Well I don't expect a losing season, but there a 7 tough games on the backend of the schedule...imo Morningwig might be able to change up a few things but changing terminology, etc in mid season and expect it to be smooth seems far fetched.

The terminology will be the same, it's the play calling that will be different, not the plays...Same thing Caldwell did with Cam's playbook in 2012....We will see the run more and the deep shots downfield that have been missing...
Trestman wasn't patient enough to wait for the opportunity, he tried to force it at his will...He's been bad from the start, good riddance...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say he was the only problem with the offense, but his play calling really hurt them this season.

Flacco should not have to throw 40+ times a game when the running game was working. They should be able to take more shots down the field with Wallace and Perriman and Moore on the team.

Funny enough, Cam Cameron was fired in 2012 after the Ravens lost to the Redskins, then they won the SB :whistle:

Sure he may "call" they plays.. But isn't it the job of the QB to read the defense and change the play if neccessary?

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he may "call" they plays.. But isn't it the job of the QB to read the defense and change the play if neccessary?

To a point, not sure a QB can ignore/override the OC all game.

When Flacco ran the hurry-up offense and was basically calling his own plays, the offense was much more effective.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a point, not sure a QB can ignore/override the OC all game.

When Flacco ran the hurry-up offense and was basically calling his own plays, the offense was much more effective.

Yeah I suppose a QB can't always overrule his OC but like you said, when it is working when a QB does it then he should be allowed to continue to do it... Especially if it is effective...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espinosa should just stand there at the plate

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? It would be a big mistake to fire him IMO.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Flacco - Elite Coordinator killer
He's still ain't got nothing on Jason Campbell who was a head coach killer.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman is far from elite.

Like Northern Canada, far.

Zing.

That landed a bit south of the 49th parallel.

He was a very good coach in Montreal, but he also had the (at the time) preeminent QB in the CFL. So that helps.