• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Gregory Failed Drug Test At Combine

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, I actually agree with you on this country's current position regardIng pot. But until the laws are changed, we live by them or suffer the known consequence if caught not doing so. The same is true with work place regulations. If I apply for and take a job that I know has restrictions on certain activities, then I cant blame the company when I violate the policies and am punished for the violations. It seems your position is to blame the League for this players violation of their known policies. If he truly suffers from anxiety (which I don't buy and I bet you don't, either) he had other avenues to deal with it. He made numerous poor judgements and should pay the penalty for that. In this case, it will most likely be a significant drop on draft value and the loss of millions of dollars.

That's not my position and you know that it isn't. To be clear, unless/until the NFL treats its employees as more than a means to an end, it is not useful to on one hand have rules, yet on the other pretend to be woefully unaware that they bear SOME responsibility in providing the best care that money can buy for their people. What was the point in making this information public and not have an accompanying statement that declared his automatic enrollment (post draft) into whatever care he requires? Somebody or a group of people are playing a very dangerous game with this young man's life. I'm sure that his draft stock will drop as evidenced by the reaction here and other venues.

To be fair, this should have been done by the NCAA on his behalf as well. Sure these institutions make lofty claims about the NCAA and NFL family, but that's stacking BS on top of BS for public consumption, sadly, the public at large buys it. Unfortunately, as any military veteran will tell you, its' worth is equivalent to "Thank you for your service." My message to the NCAA and Professional sports.......if you're serious about having the best talent that this country can offer playing in your leagues........PROVE IT!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i am going to say is i am sick and tired of excusing behavior a grown man should already know is wrong

if you cant stop smoking the alleged non addictive MJ then what can anyone do for you ?

anxiety my damn ass he likes getting freaking high and he is making excuses for his behavior , unless he is addicted which we all know MJ cant be or so i am told

i dont feel sorry for a guy whose future is bright and a great opportunity is being presented to him and he wants to blow it by smoking the non addictive weed

he has a chance to make more money , live the life most dream about , and yet he wants to throw it all away because weed isnt addictive so its his voluntary action that is causing the issue

companies have the right , backed by the supreme court , to not hire people for drug use legal or not . i work and have worked in such an industry .

if randy gregory want to be a selfish excuse making pot head then he us free to make the choice no matter how stupid it is

stop enabling , coddling , and making excuses for the jackwagon . he is a fool

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet the experts will start mocking Ray or Scherrf to us for the 5th. Its entertainment value at this point.
Really hoping we trade that 5th.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what round would you guys take him in? 3rd? 4th? completely off the board?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on his interview and if I thought I could trust him. No way I take him at 5. If he was still there in the 2nd round, I would consider it I bought his story and I thought he would stay clean. But given that this is his 3rd violation, it's a fairly safe bet will probably stumble again. So I'm not even sure I could risk my 2nd round pick on him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on his interview and if I thought I could trust him. No way I take him at 5. If he was still there in the 2nd round, I would consider it I bought his story and I thought he would stay clean. But given that this is his 3rd violation, it's a fairly safe bet will probably stumble again. So I'm not even sure I could risk my 2nd round pick on him.

Sounds like Cowboys material in the making. IF he is there late in the 2nd, dont be shocked if Jerry makes this move.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Cowboys material in the making. IF he is there late in the 2nd, dont be shocked if Jerry makes this move.
I won't be surprised if jerry doesn't take him with his first pick. Someone will.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont take him off the draft board people make mistakes and i am fine with that .but defending the guy with anxiety crap and saying that other drugs "might not have worked for him " is apologist enabling BS

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be surprised if jerry doesn't take him with his first pick. Someone will.

I dont know bro. Mallett was originally considered a mid to late first rounder, then crap came out at the combine. All of a sudden he slides to the third.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminded me of Fred too.

I am not of the school that talent trumps all.

Character and off the field issues do matter. Especially this early in a players career.

Reminded me of another Fred . . . Smoot. Remember how he dropped into our laps in the second round after those marijuana stories surfaced about him?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tandler

Gregory now has 3 failed drug tests in last 15 months. Academic issues cost him scholarship at Purdue. Broken leg in 2012. All red flags.

Also heard this stuff was just the tip of the iceberg. He supposedly claimed he was addicted to the stuff before, but now he's kicked the habit. The reason why THC showed up on his combine test was that he smoked a whole lot of herb sometime before and, due to the heavy load of chronic he was puffing, it stayed in his system.

Uh huh.