• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rams post game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

stupid choice here by KC had crowder easily for a TD

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when will we get it ?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about when he wins the games? Or did you conveniently forget those?

The reality is that the vast majority of times, the success of this team falls on KC because the rest of the team is so poor. Most other QBs not named Brady or Aaron will have limited success in this environment. Yesterday was the first time where KC didn't have to carry the lions share of the load for this team. But when he was needed, he came through. Now I will concede that he has been inconsistent in this area. But he has not been a bomb as you have portrayed him to be.
I'm not sure WTF you are talking about here. I have NEVER said Cousins was a bomb or wasn't any good. Maybe you should go back through ALL my postings for reference. I have said on more than one occasion that Cousins' development in this offense should be ahead of where it is and yes, he should be delivering more in big games or must win situations.
I have never conveniently forgot games Cousins' has won on his own because it hasn't been many as you well know.

HTTR!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you are okay when he showed a propensity to win games though right? It just did not fit your dialogue for this post so you left it maybe. :scratch:
Absolutely okay with a QB (Cousins) leading his team to a victory, that's what he gets paid to do isn't it?

Look dude, I'm not dean or anyone else who claims to be a skins fan and just beats the shit out of the team win or lose each week so please, don't cherry pick my post when you feel the need to stir the pot. Bottom line is Kirk needs to be better than he has been and as the QB of his team, the captain of his team and highest paid player on the team, I expect him to play very well each week and give his team the best chance to win, period! No more, no less. Notice I didn't say he needs to play out of his mind, or great or stellar, but very well imo to give his team the consistent good QB play he should provide at this stage of his career. I was going to leave that out of my dialogue because I didn't think it fit but you likely will cherry pick this post as well but hey, that's what most of the so called fans on here do anyway, why should you be any different.

HTTR!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He changes his story so much that he tends to forget what he has written in the past. Its well documented that he says anything to prove his point. Its also well (documented that if his arguments are successfully rebutted, he just changes his point.

My quote was in general not pointed at one person. I have seen the point of contention move to fit the moment over and over. He isn't perfect, never claimed he was but name a better Washington QB in the last 25 years. That last statement isn't pointed at you j_y, really anyone can answer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely okay with a QB (Cousins) leading his team to a victory, that's what he gets paid to do isn't it?

Look dude, I'm not dean or anyone else who claims to be a skins fan and just beats the shit out of the team win or lose each week so please, don't cherry pick my post when you feel the need to stir the pot. Bottom line is Kirk needs to be better than he has been and as the QB of his team, the captain of his team and highest paid player on the team, I expect him to play very well each week and give his team the best chance to win, period! No more, no less. Notice I didn't say he needs to play out of his mind, or great or stellar, but very well imo to give his team the consistent good QB play he should provide at this stage of his career. I was going to leave that out of my dialogue because I didn't think it fit but you likely will cherry pick this post as well but hey, that's what most of the so called fans on here do anyway, why should you be any different.

HTTR!

I did not cherry pick your post. Just pointed out what several others saw also.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - where is our resident Steelers troll who was crowing loudly about how the Giants were hands down the cream of the NFC-E (along w/ DAL)? LOL.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - where is our resident Steelers troll who was crowing loudly about how the Giants were hands down the cream of the NFC-E (along w/ DAL)? LOL.
you could add the run game and o/line to it too

dont worry next week he will be here with a vengeance and the following week and through the bye

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could add the run game and o/line to it too

dont worry next week he will be here with a vengeance and the following week and through the bye

Don't get me wrong - I am not crowing about the Redskins being that good rt now. I am pointing more to the fact about the Giants issues at this time. If you recall our Steelers poster stated that the Giants O line issues were not that big of a deal since they would be overcome by the defense of the Giants. Two weeks into the season that appears to be far from the case, and the Giants better correct this situation ASAP or they are in real trouble.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong - I am not crowing about the Redskins being that good rt now. I am pointing more to the fact about the Giants issues at this time. If you recall our Steelers poster stated that the Giants O line issues were not that big of a deal since they would be overcome by the defense of the Giants. Two weeks into the season that appears to be far from the case, and the Giants better correct this situation ASAP or they are in real trouble.

i know you are not . you are being fair across the board

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterbacks (2 Players)
Player Snaps Snap %
Kirk Cousins * 71 100%
Colt McCoy 0 0%
Kirk Cousins (Traditional Stats)- The Redskins' focus on the running game meant that Cousins would have to take a step back and operate as more of a game manager against the Rams. He did just that, as his dropbacks and attempts dropped from their Week 1 totals of 44 and 40 down to 29 and 27. On those 27 throws, Cousins completed 18 passes for 179 yards, 12 first downs, a touchdown and no interceptions.

Cousins only rushed for 7 yards on 3 attempts after gaining 30 yards last week. He was also sacked twice for 23 yards. He has been sacked 10 times over the course of his last three games, which is the highest three-game total of his career.

His biggest achievement in this game was leading the Skins' on 70-yard game winning drive, a drive that he completed all three of his passes on for 42 yards, 3 first downs (2 of which came on third down) and a touchdown.

Kirk Cousins (Advanced Stats)- Let's come back to how Cousins was a conservative game manager in L.A. His aDOT of 4.2 was his lowest average since at least 2015 and his average air yards per attempt of 5.0 yards was his lowest mark in that category since Week 4 of 2016. Finally, he also threw for just 6 yards per attempt, which was also his worst average dating back to 2015. In fact, he did not throw a single deep ball in the entire game.

Kirk Cousins helped the Redskins to avoid losing by not turning the ball over, but he didn't do much outside of the final drive to actually lead the team to a win either. The fact that he posted a QBR of just 28.8, his lowest QBR since he became the team's starter in 2015, backs that sentiment up

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Quick ST Only 0%
Terrelle Pryor- After not cashing in on numerous opportunities against the Eagles in Week 1, Pryor saw his voluminous share of the passing game fall off a cliff against the Rams. His target total fell from 11 to 4; and, more importantly, his target share and air yards share fell from 28% and 44% to 15% and 17%, respectively. He also made sure to drop his weekly pass.

It's not all bad news for Pryor though. Both of his receptions were for first downs, with the last moving the Redskins into the red zone on their game-winning drive.

Nevertheless, it's hard not to consider Pryor a disappointment thus far. His 43.8 PFF grade on the season ranks 97th out of 107 qualifying wideouts.

Jamison Crowder- Crowder's snap count and percentage (78% to 54%) both dropped in Week 2, but his receiving numbers were much improved. His numbers jumped from 3 receptions for 14 yards and no first downs to 4 receptions for 47 yards and 3 receiving first downs. The 3 first downs were tied with Jordan Reed for a team high, and he trailed only Reed in receiving yards and receptions (by 1 yard and 2 receptions).

Two of Crowder's first downs were on 3rd-and-long plays on scoring drives and the other was an 18-yarder on 2-and-17. It looks like Crowder has healed up from the injury that hampered his production in Week 1.

Ryan Grant- Grant has now ranked in the top-12 on the team in offensive snaps in both games. As of right now, he is basically a starter.

He hauled in one of his two targets for 11 yards and game-winning touchdown on third down. That was his first touchdown since the last game of the 2015 season.

Grant has essentially already bested his 16-game 2016 campaign in just two games this year.

Josh Doctson- Doctson got his first career start and saw his snap count increase by 9 (20 to 29) and his snap percentage jump from 32% to 41%, both of which were career highs. He also got his first target of the season on a red-zone fade (gross).

His playing time is going in the right direction, but his opportunities and production are not. Through two games and 31 snaps last year he was thrown to 6 times and caught two of those passes for 66 yards. Through two games and 49 snaps this season, he has just one target and no receptions to show for it.

I'm fine with Ryan Grant finally producing (really), but I'm not okay with Doctson's first-round talent and high ceiling going to waste on a team whose four other wideouts are only under contract for one more season combined (Crowder) after 2017.

Brian Quick- After catching one 13-yard pass on 6 snaps last week, Quick only saw the field in special teams in this game.

we simply need more production out of pryor and MKD to beat the raiders or chiefs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niles Paul * 36 51%
Jeremy Sprinkle Inactive N/A
Jordan Reed- Reed suffered a minor injury in the game that caused him to see his workload reduced from 55 to 40 snaps (86% to 56%). But even in somewhat limited action, Reed was still able to lead the team in receptions (6), receiving first downs (3) and receiving yards (48). Reed fumbled on one of those receptions, but, luckily he was able to recover. He ranked in the top-7 among tight ends (minimum 5 targets) in average yards of separation for the second week in a row.

He also gave up a sack to Robert Quinn, but it's hard to fault him there because that is a such huge mismatch.

Vernon Davis- Vernon Davis started in his 14th consecutive game for the Redskins and led all Washington tight ends in snaps played. Davis caught his only target in the game for a chain moving 13-yard gain on 2nd-and-11. With that catch (his 596th), he moved into tenth all-time in receptions by a tight end.

Davis didn't earn his keep as a receiver on Sunday though, he did it as run blocker. His 78.2 PFF rating (5th on the team and 3rd on offense), came on the strength of his 84.1 run-blocking grade.

Niles Paul- Paul saw a huge jump in playing time from Week 1 to Week 2. He only took 5 offensive snaps against the Eagles, which was his lowest such total since all the way back to 2013. On Sunday, that number jumped all the way up to 36 snaps, his most offensive snaps in almost three years. He also got his first start since the Week 6 of last season, which was just his second start since the end 2014.

The increased snap total was the product of the Redskins making the running game the focal point of their offense against the Rams. Paul is essentially the Redskins' fullback and run-blocking tight end, so when they run more he will play more. This also helps to explain why he was not targeted in the passing game for the second week in a row.

need another big day in the run game from VD against raiders

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samaje Perine- The former Oklahoma Sooner got his first career NFL snaps and ran the ball a team-high 21 times for 67 yards and 2 first downs (3.2 YPC). Overall, it was an up-and-down debut (mostly down) for Perine.

He had three runs of 10 or more yards, but also had three runs for negative yards and five runs that did not gain positive yardage. Only 5 of his 21 attempts were successful (24%).

Several others have pointed out that Perine was more effective running out of the shotgun formation. They appear to be correct, as he only gained 26 yards on 16 runs from players under center (1.6 YPC) and put up 41 yards on 5 rushes out on shotgun plays (8.2 YPC).

Perine may have an opportunity to start in place of the injured Rob Kelley, but he will cede opportunities to Thompson and our next RB if his overall efficiency numbers do not improve

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive Line (Pass Blocking)- The line allowed 2 sacks and 5 hits against the Rams vaunted front seven. On the surface, this looks like a solid improvement over last week (4 sacks and 7 hits), but you realize those numbers are deceiving when you consider that Cousins dropped back 15 less times against the Rams. He was still sacked on an extremely high 6.9% of his dropbacks, and hit on 17.2% of them, which is actually worse than the 15.9% hit rate allowed in Week 1.

Offensive Line (Run Blocking)- The Redskins run blocking against the Rams was outstanding. The team averaged 5.87 yards per attempt, and 3.54 yards before contact per attempt, both of which ranked top-5 in Week 2.

The only directions in which the Redskins did not average 4 or more yards per carry running behind were up the middle and behind left tackle. But, to be fair to Trent Williams, they did gain 30 yards on 3 runs to left end (10.0 YPC).

pass blocking still an issue

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Long- We haven't really heard much from Spencer Long this season. He has not committed a penalty or allowed a sack through two games and his snaps have been good from what I have seen.

Long continues to be an above average pass blocker and subpar in the running game. He ranks 8th among centers in PFF pass blocking grade (76.4) and 25th in run blocking (49.1).

for the long hater

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kelly missed a chance here but he had a great half

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash