• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rams post game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another situation where competent evaluation is needed. Not sure that some guys weren't misused or not seen. I don't love a QB in this draft but there are other ways to get guys if need be. They need to take a hard look at ALL of the positions.
With the investigations and the pending sale it feels like we couldn't really be aggressive in FA last year. Not that Ron wouldn't have messed that up (WJ3) but I do expect us to be aggressive this year.

I just hope they are smart about it. Btw seeing Sweat get three sacks today hurt a little. Lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the investigations and the pending sale it feels like we couldn't really be aggressive in FA last year. Not that Ron wouldn't have messed that up (WJ3) but I do expect us to be aggressive this year.

I just hope they are smart about it. Btw seeing Sweat get three sacks today hurt a little. Lol
Good for Sweat .... in some ways it shows the coaching here was a mystery meat sandwich at best .... it was against Flacco who is a statue. Sty has said for years and I think the past couple of years say he is right ..... you need a dual threat QB. Hell Heinicke and Sam have sown that.

I think they will spend some money but they may let some go. As I have said before look at what Harris did with the Sixers and Devils.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW ... I agree about FA last year. That's why I said all along it was transition year. RR did not transition well.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I do think rating him based off of by far his worst year is a little unfair.
So, if he was playing lights out and had the best odds towards being named offensive player of the year (non-QB) for this year, THAT would be a "little unfair?"

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if he was playing lights out and had the best odds towards being named offensive player of the year (non-QB) for this year, THAT would be a "little unfair?"
I not sure what you are saying @Stymietee I might be slow.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I not sure what you are saying @Stymietee I might be slow.
You stated that rating him based on his worse year so far was a little unfair and I just wondered if the opposite was true, judging him if he was having his best year ever, would also be a little unfair?

That list is contemporary and germane to what's happening now in 2023.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated that rating him based on his worse year so far was a little unfair and I just wondered if the opposite was true, judging him if he was having his best year ever, would also be a little unfair?

That list is contemporary and germane to what's happening now in 2023.
Okay that's what I thought you meant. If McLaurin was having his best year and stacking that on top of the good years he's already put together, it would be a factor for me but not the deciding factor.

For example, one year doesn't make the player in my book. If McLaurin career averages were like the numbers he's putting up this year and then had a breakout year, I wouldn't suddenly vault him into top 5 status.

Just like I'm not ready to bury him for lack of a better word based off this year.

He and Sam have zero chemistry. Maybe Terry getting hurt in preseason and missing time is the cause of that. When the season closed last year, I definitely think he was in that 10-12 range.

If we are adding weight to this year, sure, he's probably more in the 12-15 range. That doesn’t discount my premise that he'd be a #1 WR for a bunch of teams in the league.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry's stats say he is top 15-20 but we have to factor that he has never had a good QB.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the o-line being trash and Howell not reading the field because what the hell happened to Dotson he disappeared this season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Harrsion? 6'4..........How long has it been since we had one of those guys, if ever? A.J., Randy, Megatron........I'd love to plug and play a guy like that. That's why I was so disappointed with Howell's play today. Him being THE GUY gives us so many more options headed into the draft.
i am not going to be disappointed in a guy playing for a team that has quit . and i am not going to proclaim brisset as any upgrade based on a 1/4 of garbage time either .

i will say this at the very least howell is a BU in this league and a good one . i believe he is a quality starter and i call him a success based on the drama laiden season he was asked to qb . . we are asking sam to do it all , we refuse to protect him and then bitch when he is trying to make plays and fails

i have watched the qbs coming out and i dont want to spend a top 4 pick on a position we have taken care of . if howell fails there will be another qb draft . , now round 2 i am open to it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was very clear that Bieniemy’s game plan against the Rams was to get the ball into the hands of McLaurin. It wasn’t always easy, especially with Howell in the game, but Brissett sure made good use of Terry’s skillset.

For the game, he hauled in six receptions for 141 yards and an outstanding leaping touchdown. He could have had a second one but was marked down just short.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not going to be disappointed in a guy playing for a team that has quit . and i am not going to proclaim brisset as any upgrade based on a 1/4 of garbage time either .

i will say this at the very least howell is a BU in this league and a good one . i believe he is a quality starter and i call him a success based on the drama laiden season he was asked to qb . . we are asking sam to do it all , we refuse to protect him and then bitch when he is trying to make plays and fails

i have watched the qbs coming out and i dont want to spend a top 4 pick on a position we have taken care of . if howell fails there will be another qb draft . , now round 2 i am open to it
Fair post. I'm still of the mindset of drafting a QB in the 1st or not at all and giving Howell every chance to succeed. I know I'm in the minority with that take though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne was a pain in the a$$ for the Rams offensive line Sunday, rushing from the one, three and even seven techniques. It looked like someone had lit a fire under him and he had reverted back to the Daron Payne of 2022.

He collected three tackles, two for a loss, two sacks and 4 total pressures for the game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair post. I'm still of the mindset of drafting a QB in the 1st or not at all and giving Howell every chance to succeed. I know I'm in the minority with that take though.
look i understand the new FO will go qb , i just feel you arent fixing the o/line in fa with anyone any good and putting a rookie behing an inept o/line is not good . add to it i dont feel this qb class is what the hype says it is and i feel you will end up drafting a paper champion

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quan Martin - It looked as though Martin would be an outcast in Del Rio’s defense, but ever since the dinosaur was fired, Martin has miraculously started playing better. It’s my opinion that Del Rio put too much stuff on the rookie’s plate, where Ron is content letting him just go out and make plays.

Martin had 10 tackles, a sack, and a quarterback hit on the afternoon

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3