• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rams post game

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson definitely gets my game ball

the question becomes can his body hold up if he is forced to be the feature back if Kelly does not return next week

The first TD was created by Trent Williams making another downfield block. Afterwards, the announcers said, "Trent Williams, take a bow!" Still, it was a good effort. Then, the 61-yard TD was all vision and speed. He coulda had another long gain or possibly a TD on that drop. Also, on that overthrow that KC lobbed to him, later in the game. Sill, a very good game. I just love to watch him play, as I did, when he was a FSU.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw man, I'm definitely not good with that possibility, while our run game did their thing, the blocking on passes still worries me a lot. If we go pass heavy against the Raiders, we had better make sure that Colt is ready to go.
While the OL still looks shaky at times, I'm more worried about what has happened to our WRs. Does anyone miss Jackson yet? We have no one to stretch the field. Pryor is not what I thought we we're getting (yet) and Doctson is, once again, MIA. Hell, Ryan grant is our most productive wide out. Does this concern anyone else?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do cracked ribs on a RB mean you miss a start?!?

Don't they play with flak jackets anymore?

Anyway, if Fat Rob can't go, who they got on the practice squad?
Perine on 1st and 2nd downs, CT on 2nd and long and 3rd downs.

Likely miss starts.

Mack elevated.

Yes for Perine on run downs.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know man. I got to give the defense some props. The Rams butt raped the Colts in week one. The fact that they didnt hang 40 on our defense is a positive sign in my book. Hopefully they carry the mentality from today into next week and improve on it.

If we have a solid run game, and solid defense, that means our QB doesnt have to be superman to try and get a win. I like that.

We played smash-mouth, today. I couldn't believe I was watching a Jay Gruden offense, running the ball, again and again. I was in awe. The OL did look like Hogs 2.0, today. KC had an OK game. He made the throws he needed to make. Very nice G-W TD throw to Ryan Grant. The defense did pretty good. Zack Brown had another double-tackle game. Preston Smith is back, this year. Had two sacks in, as many games. He fought for that one, too. Had a nice open-field stop, as well. Ryan Kerrigan was getting held and fought to strip the ball from Goff. Josh Norman had two forced fumbles on Todd Gurley, though the 2nd one was recovered by Gurley. Josh does that Peanut Punch, so nonchalantly. Todd Gurley did kinda go off on us, though. Gave a huge pass up to #81 the TE. Coulda been worse. Kendall Fuller had another good game. Had a few nice open field tackles, including another on a screen he sniffed out. His pick, last year, is saving a drowning 2016 draft class. Mason Foster made a nice, game-clinching pick to keep Jared Goff from, even attempting a comeback.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Presenting the Mason Foster Award to Mason Foster

truck-nuts.jpg

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine will get the start. They can't afford to over play Thompson. Plus with Raiders coming in Skins gonna have to score 30 plus to beat em... I see more pass attempts than runs anyway.

I agree! Chris Thompson is our secret weapon. I look forward to Perine starting. He had only 3.2 ypc., but he was gaining confidence and gaining steam on some of those runs. He runs better with plays, similar to the ones he had at Oklahoma. He'll be alright.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as optimistic as most of you on our team just yet. We got lucky they didn't come back against us. Missed FG almost cost us the game, some dumb penalties, and our receivers need to improve. Garcon & D-Jax are sorely missed. I don't consider Rams being that good of a test to determine how good we are. Next week against Oakland I feel we are in deep trouble. If we can win that game it will sway my negativity on our team. I fear the most is that we win all these games (7-9 wins) and pushes us out of contention for drafting Cousins replacement.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as optimistic as most of you on our team just yet. We got lucky they didn't come back against us. Missed FG almost cost us the game, some dumb penalties, and our receivers need to improve. Garcon & D-Jax are sorely missed. I don't consider Rams being that good of a test to determine how good we are. Next week against Oakland I feel we are in deep trouble. If we can win that game it will sway my negativity on our team. I fear the most is that we win all these games (7-9 wins) and pushes us out of contention for drafting Cousins replacement.
Your fear is going to be realized. We will not be picking in the top 10. But I do agree with you about the optimism. I share your concern there.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand your pessimism. Let me try to give you a ray of light.

Coming into this season, did you worry about our passing game? Realistically, I didn't. I expected a slow start because of the new receivers and timing but I wasn't really worried. I still think we will snap out of it at some point soon, hopefully this week.

Coming into this season, did you expect much from our defense? I would say there have been huge strides made on the defensive side of the ball. It is only two games but they have been solid to good so far. I know it was the Rams but it was a Rams team that scored 46 was it week 1.

If our run game goes like today, our defense continues to play well, and our passing attack gets to what it should be with the talent we have, we can and will win against Oakland.

All that being said, I don't think it comes together next week sadly.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the most is that we win all these games (7-9 wins) and pushes us out of contention for drafting Cousins replacement.

Im hoping the exact opposite. If we finish far enough out of contention for drafting one of these super rookies, it should tell us... the QB aint the problem.

Rush for more than 100 yards.. we win.
Defense doenst give up 350-500 yards... we win.

Kirk aint going to carry the team. But he also more often than not isnt going to be the reason we lost the game. I can live with that. As far as his contract... I would rather pay Kirk, than start playing fantasy football again. But thats just me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your pessimism. Let me try to give you a ray of light.

Coming into this season, did you worry about our passing game? Realistically, I didn't. I expected a slow start because of the new receivers and timing but I wasn't really worried. I still think we will snap out of it at some point soon, hopefully this week.

Coming into this season, did you expect much from our defense? I would say there have been huge strides made on the defensive side of the ball. It is only two games but they have been solid to good so far. I know it was the Rams but it was a Rams team that scored 46 was it week 1.

If our run game goes like today, our defense continues to play well, and our passing attack gets to what it should be with the talent we have, we can and will win against Oakland.

All that being said, I don't think it comes together next week sadly.

A win against Oakland is a huge step. Are you saying the offense doesn't come together next week?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely miss starts.

Mack elevated.

Yes for Perine on run downs.

Actually, Mack is on the regular roster, I believe. Just inactive on game days.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win against Oakland is a huge step. Are you saying the offense doesn't come together next week?
I highly doubt we rush for 180+ yards against Oakland. We have no Wide Outs that have contributed meaningfully in either game. So no, I am no expecting our offense to come together next week.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the OL still looks shaky at times, I'm more worried about what has happened to our WRs. Does anyone miss Jackson yet? We have no one to stretch the field. Pryor is not what I thought we we're getting (yet) and Doctson is, once again, MIA. Hell, Ryan grant is our most productive wide out. Does this concern anyone else?

Yes, very much so, although I thought that I saw a little something more in Pryor. There's also Crowder.