• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAIDERS

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no hope here with Gruden only wins. He got himself a really good coaching staff and 11 picks coiming in this draft.

Well you are always the optimist when it comes to the Raiders so I won't try to keep raining on your parade about Gruden. I'll just sit back and see how it all unfolds.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think Gruden went away from the game, LMAO man they have another thing coming.
Ask ESPN if Gruden was away from the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People think Gruden went away from the game, LMAO man they have another thing coming.
Ask ESPN if Gruden was away from the game.

You realize there is a difference between being in the booth and being a coach though right? Others have done exactly what Gruden has done. I'll let you look up how that ended.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are always the optimist when it comes to the Raiders so I won't try to keep raining on your parade about Gruden. I'll just sit back and see how it all unfolds.
What's the point of being a fan without hope? I mean really? Im not trippin, i know Gruden is gonna be good, real good along with his team.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize there is a difference between being in the booth and being a coach though right? Others have done exactly what Gruden has done. I'll let you look up how that ended.
He broke down game film for them cd, X and Os. Gruden only passion is football dude. He spent 9 years breaking down game film from every coach and every game there is in football. He wasn't ready to come back till this year.
Like i said? They have another thing coming.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of being a fan without hope? I mean really? Im not trippin, i know Gruden is gonna be good, real good along with his team.

And no problem with you having hope for good things moving forward with your team. Understand there is a whole other side to this that Gruden could absolutely fail big time and there is a history of guys who have tried to come back that worked in the booth and broke down film every single week and did exactly what Gruden is doing with a much better resume when they left the game that struggled when they tried to coach again.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He broke down game film for them cd, X and Os. Gruden only passion is football dude. He spent 9 years breaking down game film from every coach and every game there is in football. He wasn't ready to come back till this year.
Like i said? They have another thing coming.
Let's finish what we started Chucky!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no problem with you having hope for good things moving forward with your team. Understand there is a whole other side to this that Gruden could absolutely fail big time and there is a history of guys who have tried to come back that worked in the booth and broke down film every single week and did exactly what Gruden is doing with a much better resume when they left the game that struggled when they tried to coach again.
It's not about hope cd, that's where you keep getting it wrong. I know Gruden is gonna be bad azz. You think he would give up his empire to come and coach us if he didn't think he was ready? Cmon man.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a quick note about the 1998 comment. Something to keep in mind is just look at his signings so far. They all point to going back to what the NFL was in the 1990's. He wants to win with power in a league predicated on athleticism at this point. That power game only works if you have an outstanding defense to back the ground and pound up with. At this point the Raiders are far from having that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about hope cd, that's where you keep getting it wrong. I know Gruden is gonna be bad azz. You think he would give up his empire to come and coach us if he didn't think he was ready? Cmon man.

He got handed a $100 million contract. It wasn't like he left this great paying job to take this huge pay cut and slum it in the NFL. He is getting paid actually more to coach the Raiders than he would have in the booth. He was the highest paid on air personality and made $6.5 million a year. So he got a $3.5 million a year raise to come coach the Raiders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a quick note about the 1998 comment. Something to keep in mind is just look at his signings so far. They all point to going back to what the NFL was in the 1990's. He wants to win with power in a league predicated on athleticism at this point. That power game only works if you have an outstanding defense to back the ground and pound up with. At this point the Raiders are far from having that.
And im totally good with that cd. If you look at the defenses of today, they are much more smaller than back in the day. Gruden is coming with a bog OL pwoer blocking TEs and a FB while running Lynch at those small LBs and and DLs. He knows what he's doing. Punishing run game! Heck we might even draft Guice or Chubb to pair with Lynch,

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And again this is where I say we shall see. Nobody can know the future but God himself. You can't say with definitive knowledge that Gruden will be anything with the Raiders. I can point to plenty of reasons that he will fail that all have legit backing with stats, history, and well just looking at our division itself. That doesn't mean he will fail. We shall see.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got handed a $100 million contract. It wasn't like he left this great paying job to take this huge pay cut and slum it in the NFL. He is getting paid actually more to coach the Raiders than he would have in the booth. He was the highest paid on air personality and made $6.5 million a year. So he got a $3.5 million a year raise to come coach the Raiders.
Gruden was the next Madden of TV dude, Jon Gruden cuz. He was at the top everybody's wishlist both in the NFL and College for a reason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And im totally good with that cd. If you look at the defenses of today, they are much more smaller than back in the day. Gruden is coming with a bog OL pwoer blocking TEs and a FB while running Lynch at those small LBs and and DLs. He knows what he's doing. Punishing run game! Heck we might even draft Guice or Chubb to pair with Lynch,

There have been other teams that have tried to build that over the last 5 years. It hasn't worked out for them. That style of play only gets you so far in today's NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden was the next Madden of TV dude, Jon Gruden cuz. He was at the top everybody's wishlist both in the NFL and College for a reason.

So was Mike Shanahan when he left the Broncos. He had 2 Super Bowls under his belt. He also didn't sit out of the league for 10+ years. Yet now he is pretty much retired and the phone has stopped ringing. Again I'm not saying he won't be a great coach. Maybe he will be and I will be ticked that the Broncos have to play in the same division. I personally would never want him as my coach though. I thought he was overhyped when he was a HC in the NFL. And I can't see 10 years away from coaching helping that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again this is where I say we shall see. Nobody can know the future but God himself. You can't say with definitive knowledge that Gruden will be anything with the Raiders. I can point to plenty of reasons that he will fail that all have legit backing with stats, history, and well just looking at our division itself. That doesn't mean he will fail. We shall see.
Again man, i ain't trippin dude. Gruden is not other coaches, he's Jon Gruden brah.
Im not saying i know the future cd, and i too beleive in God btw. But this ain't about that, it's about Gruden being ready for his return to football.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been other teams that have tried to build that over the last 5 years. It hasn't worked out for them. That style of play only gets you so far in today's NFL.
Gruden is an expert at football cd, and he is building his team to do just that. Look at his moves man. That's tells us all we need to know.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Mike Shanahan when he left the Broncos. He had 2 Super Bowls under his belt. He also didn't sit out of the league for 10+ years. Yet now he is pretty much retired and the phone has stopped ringing. Again I'm not saying he won't be a great coach. Maybe he will be and I will be ticked that the Broncos have to play in the same division. I personally would never want him as my coach though. I thought he was overhyped when he was a HC in the NFL. And I can't see 10 years away from coaching helping that.
Shanahan was a great coach cd, with a great system. But he retired from the game while Gruden remained breaking down game film and working at ESPN. That's the difference man. I was watching some game on ESPN last year i think, and this team had a great play and scored a TD. Gruden said, that play there is going in my playbook for a rainy day. Right here i knew he was coming back.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chat cd, stop by anytime.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is an expert at football cd, and he is building his team to do just that. Look at his moves man. That's tells us all we need to know.

Not sure the moves he has made should bring any kind of comfort to anybody at this point. I love Jordy Nelson more than most as know the guy a little bit from my college days but the Raiders are about 5 years too late to get much out of him. A couple of blocking TE's don't really move the needle either. They still have a huge hole at the RT spot and plenty on every level of the defense. I just don't see any move he has made that has vastly improved the team to make me think they are now the favorite to win the AFC West. Heck right now I woudl say the Chargers are miles ahead of them and Chiefs have to wait and see on Mahomes but I would say the Chiefs have a lot more high caliber players than the Raiders right now. Broncos are rebuilding and I have no problem saying that.

And Gruden is a great football mind. I'm not saying otherwise. There are a lot of great football minds though that do not find success in the NFL as a HC. Gruden himself after he won the Super Bowl with another GM and coaches roster that he took over didn't win a single playoff game and ended up getting fired when he was having trouble relating to his players and getting the best out of them. And here we are now 10+ years later with players with an even more difficult personality to get along with and actually get something out of and he is trying to jump back into the swing of things. I'm obviously nowhere near as confident as you that this whole Gruden experiment will work out.