• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAIDERS

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remmber when you told me Aldon Smith was going to revamp his career in Oakland and give the Raiders the best 1-2 combo of pass rushers in the NFL? What happened?

What happened to Semen?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a decent signing in my book. Contract wise it is very team friendly. Allows them to get out of it after a year from what I understand if they need to or if a rookie shows they can outplay him. Gives them though a very solid starter. He played as a top-10 QB in the NFL last year. Finished with the 2nd best QBR in the league and fits the Broncos system well. Players really like playing with him so again I don't mind the signing at all.

I still want the Broncos to take a QB with the 5th pick though in Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold if they are there.

Nice way to spin it when you lose out on KC. If Keenum was so good, Minnesota would have kept him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford would have been better than Keenum if they could upgrade the OL and keep him on the field. Bradford has more than 1 quality season under his belt.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice way to spin it when you lose out on KC. If Keenum was so good, Minnesota would have kept him.

Can't we say the same thing about Kirk Cousins then? If he is so good then why would the Redskins let him walk for free?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford would have been better than Keenum if they could upgrade the OL and keep him on the field. Bradford has more than 1 quality season under his belt.

I would say that Bradford has one good season with a bunch of average seasons. And I'm sorry Bradford got paid more than Keenum and has proven he can't stay healthy for an entire season. I would much rather have Keenum than Bradford.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we say the same thing about Kirk Cousins then? If he is so good then why would the Redskins let him walk for free?

Is that a rhetorical question? That whole thing with them was a major clusterfuck for the last few seasons. Even their fans on tHoop even admit it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington could have gotten him cheaper last summer or the summer before if I remember right.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a rhetorical question? That whole thing with them was a major clusterfuck for the last few seasons. Even their fans on tHoop even admit it.

It wasn't rhetorical. You use the argument of why Keenum is not good as that of his team letting him walk. Well the Redskins let Cousins walk. You can say it is because of their organization being so crappy but this is what happens all the time of organizations give up on a player and they go elsewhere and have great careers. It does happen. I'm not saying Keenum is going to become this incredible QB but for the price the Broncos paid and how they can get out of the deal in the near future if things don't work out it works out for the Broncos. Gives them options at the QB position.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Bradford has one good season with a bunch of average seasons. And I'm sorry Bradford got paid more than Keenum and has proven he can't stay healthy for an entire season. I would much rather have Keenum than Bradford.

Bradford got 1 year at 20 mill and Keenum got 2 at 36. Pretty close.

Better hope he doesn't turn into the Keenum who played for the Rams.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't rhetorical. You use the argument of why Keenum is not good as that of his team letting him walk. Well the Redskins let Cousins walk. You can say it is because of their organization being so crappy but this is what happens all the time of organizations give up on a player and they go elsewhere and have great careers. It does happen. I'm not saying Keenum is going to become this incredible QB but for the price the Broncos paid and how they can get out of the deal in the near future if things don't work out it works out for the Broncos. Gives them options at the QB position.

Pretty sure you said Semen and Lynch gave the Broncos options......is it always the same thing with you?

Now your team is trading off players for late round draft picks....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you said Semen and Lynch gave the Broncos options......is it always the same thing with you?

Now your team is trading off players for late round draft picks....

Don't remember saying that about them but maybe I did. There are certain players that lock teams into certain situations. Like signing Cousins to the type of deal the Vikings did that means that over the next couple of years they are going to lose a couple of starters because they locked so much into one player. When you guys sign Mack and still have the contract for Carr it locks you guys into having to build mostly through the draft to win a championship. That is the way it works. The Keenum deal gives the Broncos options in many ways for the cap moving forward and for this upcoming draft of having the option of taking a QB or strengthening another position. His contract doesn't keep them from doing a large range of things.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remember saying that about them but maybe I did. There are certain players that lock teams into certain situations. Like signing Cousins to the type of deal the Vikings did that means that over the next couple of years they are going to lose a couple of starters because they locked so much into one player. When you guys sign Mack and still have the contract for Carr it locks you guys into having to build mostly through the draft to win a championship. That is the way it works. The Keenum deal gives the Broncos options in many ways for the cap moving forward and for this upcoming draft of having the option of taking a QB or strengthening another position. His contract doesn't keep them from doing a large range of things.

I'd rather have Carr and Mack signed to those deals and piece together solid FA's like we've done this off-season.

Not too shabby at all.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, we've upgraded the coaching staff.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Carr and Mack signed to those deals and piece together solid FA's like we've done this off-season.

Not too shabby at all.

Not saying that signing those guys are bad. Just that their deals limit the options for the team moving forward and how they can build the roster.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that signing those guys are bad. Just that their deals limit the options for the team moving forward and how they can build the roster.

Hasn't hurt yet.

We got a pretty good FB on the cheap, Nelson is still a capable WR and a more than adequate replacement for Crab, and some solid defensive players. And I doubt we're done plus we have the draft to look forward to.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to commit crazy $ to Carr and Mack you have to have a good FO in place to make good decisions and shrewd FA signings......I think we have that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martin can bounce back.....we have a bargain in him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch and Martin will be a nice 1-2 punch I think.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like admitting this, but is was a solid move for the Broncos.
It gives you guys some options at 5 as well.

You guys don't have anymore cap space do ya? Hmmm

The Broncos opened up quite a bit of cap space with reworking Von Miller's contract. They definitely have some room to make a few more moves. They might have opened up the cap space though to just get a couple of their own guys signed in Paradis and Roby. They are seeing the contracts getting handed out to players in FA and just trying to get these guys to sign to more team friendly type deals. We shall see if it works. If not then can still carry over the money to next year if need be.

AS for Keenum that is how I see this situation too. Broncos can move in a lot of different directions at a lot of different positions. When it comes to the draft if they want they can stay put and just see who falls to them. IF they want to trade up well they have a lot of extra draft picks to do that too. I'm just glad the Broncos haven't gone out and spent huge money in FA honestly. Some of these very average players getting signed right now to record breaking contracts is just ridiculous.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Semen?

He got traded to the Vikings. I said before this last season that if Siemian was the starter the Broncos were not going anywhere. He was a terrible QB. Heck Idaho on here couldn't believe that I wouldn't pick the Broncos to win the division but with such a bad QB situation hard to do too much in this league unless you have a historic defense.