• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAIDERS

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos opened up quite a bit of cap space with reworking Von Miller's contract. They definitely have some room to make a few more moves. They might have opened up the cap space though to just get a couple of their own guys signed in Paradis and Roby. They are seeing the contracts getting handed out to players in FA and just trying to get these guys to sign to more team friendly type deals. We shall see if it works. If not then can still carry over the money to next year if need be.

AS for Keenum that is how I see this situation too. Broncos can move in a lot of different directions at a lot of different positions. When it comes to the draft if they want they can stay put and just see who falls to them. IF they want to trade up well they have a lot of extra draft picks to do that too. I'm just glad the Broncos haven't gone out and spent huge money in FA honestly. Some of these very average players getting signed right now to record breaking contracts is just ridiculous.
Im shocked at some of the contracts these players are getting! Nobody's getting franchise type money, WTF!!
And here i was thinking we could swoop in and get a Sammy Watkins for around 6M per or so, LMAO
No thank you to some of those kind of crazy deals. The RAIDERS are doing pretty good in FA so far. Getting players that fit the system. For cheaper!

So it looks like Josh Allen for you guys cd, if you want QB at 5? With the Jets trading up to 3 and all.
Heck look far another trade to happen with the Giants if they don't want Rosen.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ putting in good work! BOOM

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im shocked at some of the contracts these players are getting! Nobody's getting franchise type money, WTF!!
And here i was thinking we could swoop in and get a Sammy Watkins for around 6M per or so, LMAO
No thank you to some of those kind of crazy deals. The RAIDERS are doing pretty good in FA so far. Getting players that fit the system. For cheaper!

So it looks like Josh Allen for you guys cd, if you want QB at 5? With the Jets trading up to 3 and all.
Heck look far another trade to happen with the Giants if they don't want Rosen.

I don't think the Broncos want Josh Allen. They already tried the big arm QB in Paxton Lynch. Ummm....that didn't work too well. I think the Broncos are enamored with Baker Mayfield but now that Keenum is on the team, they'll probably go with best player available at number 5.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Broncos want Josh Allen. They already tried the big arm QB in Paxton Lynch. Ummm....that didn't work too well. I think the Broncos are enamored with Baker Mayfield but now that Keenum is on the team, they'll probably go with best player available at number 5.
Yeah i could see you guys taking Chubb or even Barkley if he's there, or Nelson, maybe even one of those good looking DB prospects. Keenum opened that door for you guys. That is if you guys think he's the guy?
As for QB, i think Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold will all be gone by pick 5 leaving Josh Allen if you guys want a QB.
Nobody in this draft even comes close to that guy as far as QB tools. Size, once in a blue moon type arm, and he can move around in the pocket. Super raw though. Either way it should be interesting how the draft plays out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i could see you guys taking Chubb or even Barkley if he's there, or Nelson, maybe even one of those good looking DB prospects. Keenum opened that door for you guys. That is if you guys think he's the guy?
As for QB, i think Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold will all be gone by pick 5 leaving Josh Allen if you guys want a QB.
Nobody in this draft even comes close to that guy as far as QB tools. Size, once in a blue moon type arm, and he can move around in the pocket. Super raw though. Either way it should be interesting how the draft plays out.

Talking to some people around the league it seems that the Jets traded up for Allen. So I'm not completely sure that the QB order will go like you have here. The NFL right now doesn't seem to have any of the QB's consistently above the others. I've talked to some people connected with every organization in the top-6 of the draft and there really is no set #1. I know right now the Browns have Darnold as their top QB. I know the Giants have Rosen but they also still have the mindset that they really like Eli and think they can still build a championship caliber roster around him. The big news lately has been Barkley or Nelson going to the Giants at 2. The Jets obviously traded up for a QB but right now seems like either Rosen or Allen are their choice. So the QB that could fall to the Broncos is looking more like that of Mayfield who the Broncos have as their top QB in this draft.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have signed Kaep.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have signed Kaep.

His NFL career is done. The league has just said we are done with him at this point. No team wants to take on that big of a media storm for a backup QB.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to some people around the league it seems that the Jets traded up for Allen. So I'm not completely sure that the QB order will go like you have here. The NFL right now doesn't seem to have any of the QB's consistently above the others. I've talked to some people connected with every organization in the top-6 of the draft and there really is no set #1. I know right now the Browns have Darnold as their top QB. I know the Giants have Rosen but they also still have the mindset that they really like Eli and think they can still build a championship caliber roster around him. The big news lately has been Barkley or Nelson going to the Giants at 2. The Jets obviously traded up for a QB but right now seems like either Rosen or Allen are their choice. So the QB that could fall to the Broncos is looking more like that of Mayfield who the Broncos have as their top QB in this draft.
I don't know dude. Josh Allen does fit the cold azz windy weather they have in NY. And they did sign McCown and Teddy B, so Allen could sit for a year with no pressure to start him. NY is the big show though and Mayfield is a big ticket. It's really hard to say right now. Josh Allen > Mayfield, IMHO

And i think i would be a bad move for the Giants to take either Barkley or Nelson 2 when they could trade the pick and get a sheet load of players for that second pick. They could load up on OL and still get Guice who i think would be just as good with no pressure to be the NEXT great young RB. Guice is a beast, and in NY that guy would be great. Dumb move by the Giants if they go Barkely or Nelson at 2. They would be better off taking Rosen if they want to pick at two. Let's see how this plays out. It should be one of the better draft nights in a long time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know dude. Josh Allen does fit the cold azz windy weather they have in NY. And they did sign McCown and Teddy B, so Allen could sit for a year with no pressure to start him. NY is the big show though and Mayfield is a big ticket. It's really hard to say right now. Josh Allen > Mayfield, IMHO

And i think i would be a bad move for the Giants to take either Barkley or Nelson 2 when they could trade the pick and get a sheet load of players for that second pick. They could load up on OL and still get Guice who i think would be just as good with no pressure to be the NEXT great young RB. Guice is a beast, and in NY that guy would be great. Dumb move by the Giants if they go Barkely or Nelson at 2. They would be better off taking Rosen if they want to pick at two. Let's see how this plays out. It should be one of the better draft nights in a long time.

Allen is a terrible QB. Seriously I have no clue beyond just the hype train heading into this past season of why people are so obsessed with him. Oh wow he can throw it over 60 mph. He can't hit the broadside of a barn. I've seen him live and it is even worse live than when you just watch his games. Yes highlight tapes of him are incredible. He does some fun things every once in a while but that doesn't work in the NFL consistently. Mayfield at least shows consistency and is a very intelligent player.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen is a terrible QB. Seriously I have no clue beyond just the hype train heading into this past season of why people are so obsessed with him. Oh wow he can throw it over 60 mph. He can't hit the broadside of a barn. I've seen him live and it is even worse live than when you just watch his games. Yes highlight tapes of him are incredible. He does some fun things every once in a while but that doesn't work in the NFL consistently. Mayfield at least shows consistency and is a very intelligent player.
Then why would the Jets take Josh Allen then? Im really thinking they traded up for either Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. Those IMHO will be the top 3 picks. Leaving Josh Allen for either you guys or someone else. Again this could all change but that's how i see it as of now. The Giant should trade the pick if they don't want QB.
That would be the Broncos best chance at getting one of those 3. If not it looks like Allen or one of those good none QB players that that you guys get.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why would the Jets take Josh Allen then? Im really thinking they traded up for either Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. Those IMHO will be the top 3 picks. Leaving Josh Allen for either you guys or someone else. Again this could all change but that's how i see it as of now. The Giant should trade the pick if they don't want QB.
That would be the Broncos best chance at getting one of those 3. If not it looks like Allen or one of those good none QB players that that you guys get.

The reason the Jets would take him is because they will think they can take all those tools he has and turn them into a good/great QB. Teams do this all the time. Why was Jamarcus Russell taken 1st overall? Because he was this great athlete with a cannon for an arm that the Raiders thought they could turn into something. Throw in the cold weather of New York it makes sense to get a QB that can throw a laser through a hurricane. The one bad weather game that Mayfield played in this last year was one of his worst. Teams in NY will look at that and be scared off by it. That is why I think Allen goes to the Jets unless the Giants don't end up taking a QB and gift the Jets with Rosen.

Again this is coming from actually having talked to people connected to all of these organizations. This is people who have seen the big boards of these respective teams. Things can change of course as they get more interviews with these players but as of right now I think if there is a QB that will be available for the Broncos at 5 it will be Mayfield.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Jets would take him is because they will think they can take all those tools he has and turn them into a good/great QB. Teams do this all the time. Why was Jamarcus Russell taken 1st overall? Because he was this great athlete with a cannon for an arm that the Raiders thought they could turn into something. Throw in the cold weather of New York it makes sense to get a QB that can throw a laser through a hurricane. The one bad weather game that Mayfield played in this last year was one of his worst. Teams in NY will look at that and be scared off by it. That is why I think Allen goes to the Jets unless the Giants don't end up taking a QB and gift the Jets with Rosen.

Again this is coming from actually having talked to people connected to all of these organizations. This is people who have seen the big boards of these respective teams. Things can change of course as they get more interviews with these players but as of right now I think if there is a QB that will be available for the Broncos at 5 it will be Mayfield.
I get that, but it just don't make any sense. The guy has the tools no doubt about that but he's super raw. The Jets just traded a sheet load of picks for a guy that has the tools but might bust. Monster gamble by them if that's who they traded up for. I really don't care what ESPN or NFLN has to say about it.
The target is one of the top 3 QBs for them. Heck, Jets fans might burn down the City if they draft Allen.
If you want Mayfield or Rosen then you need to sucker the Giants for that second pick before they make a MONSTER mistake by taking a RB or OL at 2.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO!! Im no GM or scout, so what do i know!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but it just don't make any sense. The guy has the tools no doubt about that but he's super raw. The Jets just traded a sheet load of picks for a guy that has the tools but might bust. Monster gamble by them if that's who they traded up for. I really don't care what ESPN or NFLN has to say about it.
The target is one of the top 3 QBs for them. Heck, Jets fans might burn down the City if they draft Allen.
If you want Mayfield or Rosen then you need to sucker the Giants for that second pick before they make a MONSTER mistake by taking a RB or OL at 2.

My information doesn't come from ESPN or NFL Network. This comes from people actually working in these organizations.