• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAIDERS

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden is an average coach at best. 11 years with a 95 win 81 loses! He’s only averaging between 8 and 9 wins a year! Made the playoffs in only 5 of 11 years(that’s actually good considering his poor record). For supposedly being some great coach those are very pedestrian numbers. Jesus... even us Patriots fans don’t swing from Belichicks nut sack like you are Grudens and Coach B is the greatest ever. But you keep up the cheerleading for him. I know I can always look to the Raiders board for a good laugh. Rock on “brah!”

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure the moves he has made should bring any kind of comfort to anybody at this point. I love Jordy Nelson more than most as know the guy a little bit from my college days but the Raiders are about 5 years too late to get much out of him. A couple of blocking TE's don't really move the needle either. They still have a huge hole at the RT spot and plenty on every level of the defense. I just don't see any move he has made that has vastly improved the team to make me think they are now the favorite to win the AFC West. Heck right now I woudl say the Chargers are miles ahead of them and Chiefs have to wait and see on Mahomes but I would say the Chiefs have a lot more high caliber players than the Raiders right now. Broncos are rebuilding and I have no problem saying that.

And Gruden is a great football mind. I'm not saying otherwise. There are a lot of great football minds though that do not find success in the NFL as a HC. Gruden himself after he won the Super Bowl with another GM and coaches roster that he took over didn't win a single playoff game and ended up getting fired when he was having trouble relating to his players and getting the best out of them. And here we are now 10+ years later with players with an even more difficult personality to get along with and actually get something out of and he is trying to jump back into the swing of things. I'm obviously nowhere near as confident as you that this whole Gruden experiment will work out.
You played with Jordy Nelson dude? Anyways, Jordy Nelson is here to help not be the featured guy, that's Amari's job. We could also draft a WR in which im sure Gruden will. Ridley, Sutton or trade down and pick up a few. The point is, Nelson is just here to catch wide open TDs.

As for the blocking TEs? Gruden wants to pound the football at those tweener defenses that now play in this league. It's not always about the big name, it's about a role a player plays as you know.

The hole we have at RT is gonna be filled by one of our young guys. Did you see our rookie Sharpe that we stole in the 4th last year from Florida? Ware, Kirckland, Vadal, draft pick, and maybe even some vet. Im not worried about the RT spot.

And as for the AFCW? The Bolts look pretty solid on both sides of the ball, KC is in total rebuild mode and Denver looks like they can make some noise. That will depend on the play from Keenum though and the OL you can build around him. Coaching will be another huge factor with the Broncos as well.

Saying Gruden won a SB with another teams players is pretty lame, and i mean real lame. Gruden went there coached the team to the SB against the team he built in the RAIDERS and beat us. Now that is impressive what Gruden did. Two teams that he had a major impact in. Crazy!!

Buckle up cd, cuz the AFCW is in for a ride!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are always the optimist when it comes to the Raiders so I won't try to keep raining on your parade about Gruden. I'll just sit back and see how it all unfolds.

Not worried. He's still been breaking down film as an analyst for ESPN.

Usually, the coaches who fail after an absence......are ones who weren't doing that in their time away from coaching.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets rescinded their offer to Suh.....I hope the Raiders bring him in for a visit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck happened with King?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a dirty player.

He might be dirty but taht doesn't take away from the fact he would have been a huge improvement for whatever team got him. There is a reason nobody wants to play the Rams right now with that defensive front.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got our replacement for Patterson.

In 7 year veteran Dwayne Harris.

130 kickoffs for 3,392 yards and a TD and 157 punts for 1,524 yards and three TDs. He also has 70 career catches for 827 yards and eight scores. He was a special teams Pro Bowler in 2016.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck happened with King?
Gruden didn't like him so he cut his azz. I thought King was pretty cool and we all know the dude is a great punter.
Oh well, we move on.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got our replacement for Patterson.

In 7 year veteran Dwayne Harris.

130 kickoffs for 3,392 yards and a TD and 157 punts for 1,524 yards and three TDs. He also has 70 career catches for 827 yards and eight scores. He was a special teams Pro Bowler in 2016.
Not bad at all. He will help...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden didn't like him so he cut his azz. I thought King was pretty cool and we all know the dude is a great punter.
Oh well, we move on.

This is what I talked about earlier though with Gruden. Most of the players he is going to have to deal with over the next 5+ years are Millennials. He is going to have to learn to get along with personalities like that of King if he is going to make it in this league. He is sacrificing talent all because he has to be the biggest personality in the room.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I talked about earlier though with Gruden. Most of the players he is going to have to deal with over the next 5+ years are Millennials. He is going to have to learn to get along with personalities like that of King if he is going to make it in this league. He is sacrificing talent all because he has to be the biggest personality in the room.
I don't think that's the case at all. It was more like King clowning the new 100M boss Jon Gruden on NFLN.

King is a great punter and a funny guy, but he's a weird dude. I mean the guy is a punter so it's not like we cut Mack or Carr. Im thinking we draft another punter from this pretty deep punting class anyways. This draft has some pretty good punters.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the case at all. It was more like King clowning the new 100M boss Jon Gruden on NFLN.

King is a great punter and a funny guy, but he's a weird dude. I mean the guy is a punter so it's not like we cut Mack or Carr. Im thinking we draft another punter from this pretty deep punting class anyways. This draft has some pretty good punters.

I would say at this point though Gruden is showing beyond just King that anybody with even the slightest bit of personality will be cut. King was just one of the big personalities let go. At some point Gruden is going to have to learn to get along with some players with big personalities. Some of the best talent in this league right now are some of the guys with the biggest personalities. The coaches that make it in this league know how to balance all the personality in their locker room and keep them united. Right now I would say Gruden is sacrificing talent and eventually that just doesn't work well.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say at this point though Gruden is showing beyond just King that anybody with even the slightest bit of personality will be cut. King was just one of the big personalities let go. At some point Gruden is going to have to learn to get along with some players with big personalities. Some of the best talent in this league right now are some of the guys with the biggest personalities. The coaches that make it in this league know how to balance all the personality in their locker room and keep them united. Right now I would say Gruden is sacrificing talent and eventually that just doesn't work well.
We haven't even cut anybody with those kind of personalities but King. Crabs was cut because of locker room problems and issues with Carr. Patterson, Walford, etc were not locker room problems but more to do with pay in Pattersons case. Walford was just never healthy his whole time with us. You are reading way too much into this cd. Then you add in his 3M we were paying him, well Gruden said Cya! This is a deep draft for punters and im sure we will get one. For CHEAP!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos are looking like one of the leaders to land King. He told his agent he wants to play for the Broncos.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos are looking like one of the leaders to land King. He told his agent he wants to play for the Broncos.
Man, that's some BS dude. You guys don't need to sign King!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King going to Denver......ugh.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00