• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders officially file to move to Las Vegas

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that these teams play in antiquated stadiums that lack profitability.

Or, conversely, somewhere along the line, NFL owners developed a business model where they have little or none of their own money at risk...and move to whomsoever is willing to pay for the stadium.

NFL gets billions in subsidies from U.S. taxpayers

Taxpayers Have Spent A 'Staggering' Amount Of Money On NFL Stadiums | The Huffington Post

Taxpayers have spent a staggering amount of money on NFL stadiums in the last 20 years | FOX Sports

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, conversely, somewhere along the line, NFL owners developed a business model where they have little or none of their own money at risk...and move to whomsoever is willing to pay for the stadium.

NFL gets billions in subsidies from U.S. taxpayers

Taxpayers Have Spent A 'Staggering' Amount Of Money On NFL Stadiums | The Huffington Post

Taxpayers have spent a staggering amount of money on NFL stadiums in the last 20 years | FOX Sports
From the Fox article:
Obtaining money through a threat is the definition of extortion, and it’s a ubiquitous practice when it comes to building new stadiums for American sports teams. While Major League Baseball, the NHL, NBA, and Major League Soccer (and more than a few NCAA schools) have used public money without remorse, the NFL’s standing as America’s preeminent sport has given it unparalleled leverage in stadium negotiations.

Arrest all the motherfuckers under the rico statute.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that these teams play in antiquated stadiums that lack profitability.

I think that problem goes well beyond that. The uniqueness of CA - especially So CA - has been documented many times. You have weather & other entertainment options not found in other cities that make attending home games not so attractive. You have tons of transplants that don't really care about the local teams. You have a general population that is more interested in basketball & baseball in many areas. Finally - for most of the recent past most of these teams have been outright awful. Throw in very high ticket prices & I really don't see why you would expect attendance to be high for most of these teams.

Perhaps this can trend in the other direction, but I have my doubts - especially long term.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that problem goes well beyond that. The uniqueness of CA - especially So CA - has been documented many times. You have weather & other entertainment options not found in other cities that make attending home games not so attractive. You have tons of transplants that don't really care about the local teams. You have a general population that is more interested in basketball & baseball in many areas. Finally - for most of the recent past most of these teams have been outright awful. Throw in very high ticket prices & I really don't see why you would expect attendance to be high for most of these teams.

Perhaps this can trend in the other direction, but I have my doubts - especially long term.
The Mexican restaurants are always crowded.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Fox article:
Obtaining money through a threat is the definition of extortion, and it’s a ubiquitous practice when it comes to building new stadiums for American sports teams. While Major League Baseball, the NHL, NBA, and Major League Soccer (and more than a few NCAA schools) have used public money without remorse, the NFL’s standing as America’s preeminent sport has given it unparalleled leverage in stadium negotiations.

Arrest all the motherfuckers under the rico statute.

Ask the taxpayers in St. Louis how they like paying for their stadium.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask the taxpayers in St. Louis how they like paying for their stadium.
I hear that they feel somewhat slighted.

I'm glad that the SJW receivers on the rams can do their blm protests in another city, plus I got real tired of watching them lose. Matter of fact, fuck the lambs.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that they feel somewhat slighted.

I'm glad that the SJW receivers on the rams can do their blm protests in another city, plus I got real tired of watching them lose. Matter of fact, fuck the lambs.

One of the many reasons I don't want the Raiders to move here is the lease deal they're talking about would allow the Raiders to walk away. How any city could even consider laying out the dough for an NFL stadium after what happened in St. Louis is beyond me.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the many reasons I don't want the Raiders to move here is the lease deal they're talking about would allow the Raiders to walk away. How any city could even consider laying out the dough for an NFL stadium after what happened in St. Louis is beyond me.
The nfl is a huge racket. Holding cities hostage, then just doing what they want. St. Louis was making a good faith effort to keep the lambs, but Kroenke had more profit elsewhere.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raiders would never move again though, right? They're a stick to one place kind of organization.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nfl is a huge racket. Holding cities hostage, then just doing what they want. St. Louis was making a good faith effort to keep the lambs, but Kroenke had more profit elsewhere.
Kroenke knew he had a potential gold mine in LA.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus don't people in LA that can afford game usually paying a boat load for their kids to take tennis lessons and tea drinking classes?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait it really happened? It's official now?

Jesus Christ have I been drunk this long?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That good faith effort was not living up to the terms of the original deal that St Louis used to steal the Rams from LA in the first place.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT The Brick: “The Raiders Are 100% Only Focusing On Nevada And Las Vegas”

AP_16283758562949-e1477006882660.jpg

Tijuana wouldn't pony up after all....

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be focusing on Mark Davis getting a decent haircut.