• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders officially file to move to Las Vegas

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murder rate in Vegas just doubled as every cholo from LA, Oakland, Fresno and Mexico City just planned a road trip.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be focusing on Mark Davis getting a decent haircut.
Ain't happening. The dude is a filthy rich looking Chuckie who hasn't had a decent haircut before the disco era.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck establishing HFA.

Shhh I was told this wouldn't be a problem. Yet all I have seen people do is plan their trip to Vegas when their team plays them. Then you throw in how many businesses buy season tickets to throw tickets at their clients or high rollers. I'm very excited as a Bronco fan for this move.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding why Ross voted against it, this is from Peter King this morning:

I couldn’t find many (just one, actually) club officials or owners Sunday who thought the Raiders’ move wouldn’t be approved. The one was an AFC team official whose owner might vote against it simply because the owner thinks abandoning a rising team in America’s sixth-largest market—with some evidence that the revived Raiders could overtake the swooning Niners in the market, particularly with the 49ers playing 50 minutes to the south in Santa Clara now—for the 40th-largest market, Las Vegas.

Guess that guy was Ross.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding why Ross voted against it, this is from Peter King this morning:

I couldn’t find many (just one, actually) club officials or owners Sunday who thought the Raiders’ move wouldn’t be approved. The one was an AFC team official whose owner might vote against it simply because the owner thinks abandoning a rising team in America’s sixth-largest market—with some evidence that the revived Raiders could overtake the swooning Niners in the market, particularly with the 49ers playing 50 minutes to the south in Santa Clara now—for the 40th-largest market, Las Vegas.

Guess that guy was Ross.

Makes some sense. At the same time when Oakland hadn't really presented a decent proposal of how they were going to get a new stadium done it is hard to turn down an offer where the city/investors were willing to front what $1.7 billion to build a new stadium. Plus no easier city to fly in for games than that of Vegas. It is set up that even if the team is terrible that people will still go to the games as it will be a fun football destination for traveling fans.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murder rate in Vegas just doubled as every cholo from LA, Oakland, Fresno and Mexico City just planned a road trip.
mad-max-fury-road.jpg

Feel bad for the hard core Oakland fans. That's twice you've been left by the same lover

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mad-max-fury-road.jpg

Feel bad for the hard core Oakland fans. That's twice you've been left by the same lover

You would think they would learn by now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes some sense. At the same time when Oakland hadn't really presented a decent proposal of how they were going to get a new stadium done it is hard to turn down an offer where the city/investors were willing to front what $1.7 billion to build a new stadium. Plus no easier city to fly in for games than that of Vegas. It is set up that even if the team is terrible that people will still go to the games as it will be a fun football destination for traveling fans.
It's probably the weirdest one of these situations we'll ever see. Mark Davis, regardless of what you think of him one thing is true: he's probably the only owner in the NFL that doesn't have the funds required to finance a new stadium on his own, even with what the city was offering. In this regard, he really didn't have much of a choice.

I blame the league, to be honest, because giving up on that market does seem like a pretty poor piece of business.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the weirdest one of these situations we'll ever see. Mark Davis, regardless of what you think of him one thing is true: he's probably the only owner in the NFL that doesn't have the funds required to finance a new stadium on his own, even with what the city was offering. In this regard, he really didn't have much of a choice.

I blame the league, to be honest, because giving up on that market does seem like a pretty poor piece of business.

I think the other owners have honestly been trying for quite some time to get the Davis family out of ownership. There are lots of reasons for that such as his dad suing the other owners but I do think the fact that they are very poor compared to other owners limits them a little in helping advance the league.

I think if say the Raiders had an owner like that of the Seahawks this stadium gets done in Oakland and we don't see this whole situation dragged out for years upon years. So yes at this point the only viable option was for the team to move. The stadium was falling apart and kind of an embarrassment when look around the league at what many of these teams have. The field itself was probably the worst in the league. Just lots of things making this move the most logical conclusion.

As a Bronco fan I will say I do feel for the Oakland fans. This is now twice this has happened to them when they have done well to support a team especially considering how terrible they have been for such a long time. Then now the team starts showing some promise and well that promise might have to play out elsewhere.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the other owners have honestly been trying for quite some time to get the Davis family out of ownership. There are lots of reasons for that such as his dad suing the other owners but I do think the fact that they are very poor compared to other owners limits them a little in helping advance the league.

I think if say the Raiders had an owner like that of the Seahawks this stadium gets done in Oakland and we don't see this whole situation dragged out for years upon years. So yes at this point the only viable option was for the team to move. The stadium was falling apart and kind of an embarrassment when look around the league at what many of these teams have. The field itself was probably the worst in the league. Just lots of things making this move the most logical conclusion.

As a Bronco fan I will say I do feel for the Oakland fans. This is now twice this has happened to them when they have done well to support a team especially considering how terrible they have been for such a long time. Then now the team starts showing some promise and well that promise might have to play out elsewhere.
I do wonder if we find out somewhere down the line that he was being pressured to sell.

One thing seems certain though - Jerry Jones was 100% yee fucking haw on board with this and when it comes to ownership matters having Jerry on your side is as good as having a rubber stamp. Of course, he stands to make a fortune off this deal too via Legends but I'm sure he could've done likewise on a new Oakland stadium with a handpicked owner.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder if we find out somewhere down the line that he was being pressured to sell.

One thing seems certain though - Jerry Jones was 100% yee fucking haw on board with this and when it comes to ownership matters having Jerry on your side is as good as having a rubber stamp. Of course, he stands to make a fortune off this deal too via Legends but I'm sure he could've done likewise on a new Oakland stadium with a handpicked owner.

Honestly I would be shocked if the other owners wouldn't be on board with a move. They get extra money out of the deal as they divide up the relocation fee to the other 31 teams in the league. With these 3 moves the other 29 teams in the league have added an extra $50 million or so to their pockets that does not count as part of the cap figuration. Just straight income.

The only way I see them turning one of these down is if they really do think it hurts the tv deals big time that could cost them more than what they would bring in. A move to Vegas though shouldn't be a huge deal. Plenty of people from Oakland will still drive to Vegas for the games. THen throw in the new market of fans and of course plenty of businesses that will get involved buying the big time box seats for clients. Plus of course being maybe the cheapest place in the country to fly to for fans. Makes a ton of sense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would be shocked if the other owners wouldn't be on board with a move. They get extra money out of the deal as they divide up the relocation fee to the other 31 teams in the league. With these 3 moves the other 29 teams in the league have added an extra $50 million or so to their pockets that does not count as part of the cap figuration. Just straight income.

The only way I see them turning one of these down is if they really do think it hurts the tv deals big time that could cost them more than what they would bring in. A move to Vegas though shouldn't be a huge deal. Plenty of people from Oakland will still drive to Vegas for the games. THen throw in the new market of fans and of course plenty of businesses that will get involved buying the big time box seats for clients. Plus of course being maybe the cheapest place in the country to fly to for fans. Makes a ton of sense.
All very good points.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my thoughts. Take the two fake ass franchises out of LA and insert the Raiders where they truly belong. They are LA's true team. Fuck the Chargers and Rams. Also, being in Vegas is a joke but atleast it's a better commute for Socal fans.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my thoughts. Take the two fake ass franchises out of LA and insert the Raiders where they truly belong. They are LA's true team. Fuck the Chargers and Rams. Also, being in Vegas is a joke but atleast it's a better commute for Socal fans.
Just stop. The true home of the Raiders has always been Oakland

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop. The true home of the Raiders has always been Oakland
If I was an Oakland fan, I would stop going to the games or patronizing the Raiders in the next season since they will be leaving before the third season anyway and hurt their sorry asses in the pocket book

Hey Oak Raiders(not the fans) :finger2::finger2::finger2:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your gonna be surprised at how many Raider fans live in Vegas.

Not likely, I used to live in Vegas some-20-odd years ago - lots of people from somewhere else, like San Diego (except worse - far fewer natives). Lots of former New Yorkers in Vegas - I was surprised.

With all the other things to do in a warm weather, touristy spot, they'll suffer the same symptoms as San Diego and Miami : after the novelty wears off.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely, I used to live in Vegas some-20-odd years ago - lots of people from somewhere else, like San Diego (except worse - far fewer natives). Lots of former New Yorkers in Vegas - I was surprised.

With all the other things to do in a warm weather, touristy spot, they'll suffer the same symptoms as San Diego and Miami : after the novelty wears off.
I live in Vegas now, trust me the Raider fans are here, add in those from LA who travel up to Vegas even without the Raiders, now take into account some fans of other teams especially those born in Vegas will switch alliances. An Eagle fan at work already claimed he's leaving the Eagles for the Raiders, saying the Eagles are now #2.