• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Week 4: Seahawks vs Raiders

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiousity, but wtf was his YPA in that game then? 1.7?

i can answer that. It was pretty low on a team with really no WR and no offense. Don't let his 3-7 record as a starter fool you. Boykin would have gone 0-10 in those starts on that team.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can answer that. It was pretty low on a team with really no WR and no offense. Don't let his 3-7 record as a starter fool you. Boykin would have gone 0-10 in those starts on that team.

Sam Bradford but with less arm.

And hey, maybe that's what we want in a backup.

I still like the idea of Boykin continuing to grow into the role, and the team not having to change anything in the playbook if he comes into the game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford but with less arm.

And hey, maybe that's what we want in a backup.

I still like the idea of Boykin continuing to grow into the role, and the team not having to change anything in the playbook if he comes into the game.

Boykin was trying to hard to force things and make big plays. I think that correctable. He's got more upside then Davis does. Guess we'll see what happens.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McEvoy over Darboh if it comes to that.

giphy.gif

McEvoy has had the chance to show something. We took Darboh in the 3rd Rd. Our WR depth is deep enough that we can keep the (probably) more talented 3rd Rd rookie to see what he can do over the guy who hasn't been better than a Practice Squad/Replacement player for years.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see the players on the bubble perform tonight... Also, love to see Lynch take a nice shot from one of the Hawks... :-)
Wait. You actually thought Lynch was going to play in this game?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. You actually thought Lynch was going to play in this game?

I thought he'd get a carry or two against his old team...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon we forget how miserable Davis was against us in a Rams uni.

Not really... I do remember this game as well...

upload_2017-9-1_7-56-14.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a pretty encouraging pre-season. This team does indeed look about as deep as it did in 2013. I don't know if it will be as good, but I feel better about the overall talent level than I have in a few years for sure.

Obviously some big decisions ahead at QB, RB, and WR. Maybe DL and LB as well. Shoot, maybe even DB. Again, deep team. Will be interesting to see who can't make this roster but is able to go elsewhere and stick or even start.

It seems like Davis has the edge over Boykin at QB, but I don't think it's as obvious as a lot of people are saying. Davis has performed well, no question. But Boykin is the better athlete and has been in our system. Boykin also has a tough time staying out of trouble off the field, and his decision making & accuracy are inconsistent on it. Much bigger arm though. Slight advantage to Davis but very tough call for the coaches.

It was a bit odd seeing Alex Collins getting so many snaps last night when it's hard to envision a path for him making the final 53. But then I thought about it, saw Rawls in civvies on the sideline (even after PC said he was able to play), no sign of Lacy on the field, and my conclusion was they were just putting a guy out there who they know isn't making the team to minimize chance for injury for the RBs they're keeping. Still not sure who exactly those guys will be though. The only 1 I am 100% confident in is Carson. I can see a scenario for cutting every other RB. If only 5 make it, then I guess it's Carson, Lacy, Rawls, Prosise and Tre Madden. It seems like McKissic has played his way on, but who do you not keep to make room?

Another strong performance for Kasen Williams last night. Darboh caught everything thrown his way except the one 10 feet over his head down the sideline. Lawler had a very good game but tough to see him cracking into the top 6 without an injury; he's probably a PS guy for at least 1 more season. More tough choices to make here, but I think the final 6 are Baldwin, Richardson, Lockett, Williams, McEvoy, Darboh. Kearse not making the roster will probably be unpopular in the locker room, but they'll get over it.

Bummer seeing Elliott go down like that last night. Some tough calls to make at DB. A couple other guys like Bass and Marcus Smith may have played their way on. I wonder about Quinton Jefferson. Tomorrow will be crazy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of 15 yard penalties and penalties on 3rd down for the D was a bit maddening last night. I thought there were 3 PI calls (1 on Oakland) were extremely weak as well. Refs just calling it tighter to put emphasis on certain rules? I think Cassius Marsh has looked really good, but he's gotta stop with the late hits on the QB. The one where he hit Cook in the back after the ball was thrown was borderline dirty.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin was trying to hard to force things and make big plays. I think that correctable. He's got more upside then Davis does. Guess we'll see what happens.

I still haven't watched the game yet, just checked the highlights when i got home from work. Both those INT's, he was leveled and stood in to try and deliver the ball anyway. So I can't put the picks all on him.

Davis did look to have a couple of decent mid to deep throws, so who knows, maybe he's juicing now. :)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin was a garbage fire last night. Even his TD should have been picked. DB had position and fell down - receiver had to stop to get the ball. DB doesn't fall then it's a pretty easy pick. The second pick I could give him for the hit (though he probably shouldn't have thrown it, just take the sack) and even then he released the ball and followed through cleanly - but the first one he was hit after throwing and had a clean pocket for the release. He had another that coulda been a pick had the defender played it better when he underthrew his receiver while running outside the pocket.

The game for Boykin was just bad - which is too bad cause I thought he was having a good preseason and had shown some improvement over last year. We'll just have to see what happens.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen Boykin play better than he did this preseason that's for sure. I think his off the field issues have got into his head and he should be cut and allowed to "improve" himself as a person some place else. Davis is the more polished QB with better decision making and enough mobility to make teams honor that part of his game also. He also seemed much better at avoiding turnovers and doesn't take to many risks ( growth from his time with the Rams ). Davis's arm is not weak ( Not a cannon by any means lol )and seems highly more accurate than Boykins.

With the Kearse rumor i think Darboh gets a golden ticket ( free pass ) onto the team but it's not like he earned it and anyone that says he did you are just fooling yourself. Lets just hope he doesn't take the place of a more polished pass catcher. If the Hawks only keep 5 WR Darboh shouldn't make the team, he wasn't good enough and needs much more coaching up to be on the field and he really showed nothing on Special teams also, PS would be perfect for him. There were other WR that stood out and looked much better than Darboh that will be cut, it's sad. 3 catches ( 7 ypc avg, RB catching numbers here ) for the preseason 2 were quick curl routes. You know the route they would always use for Largent to continue his streak when it was late in games and he had no catches.

RB Davis has played well this preseason also but has been overlooked because i think many thought he was a long shot to begin with. Lacy, Rawls, Carson, Prosise they might add a 5th here and then 1 FB

This preseason i saw little pressure from the Hawks Defensive front so i wont at all be shocked if they fail to generate much pressure for the first 4 to 6 weeks of the season. We have seen this before.

DB Griffin makes it but does he make it on the field? i saw other guys out play him. He looks the part though. We have other CB on this team that looked better in man coverage and zone. Will the team play these more talented players now or force Griffin out there? I hope the play the talent over hype ( same as at wr )

Safety play was great from top to bottom for the most part. Deep group. Does out 3rd rounder Hill make it? i think so but just barely.

Walsh was fine but we all know there will be a loss coming from a missed kick lets hope it's not in the playoffs.

Special teams need work.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Kearse rumor i think Darboh gets a golden ticket ( free pass ) onto the team but it's not like he earned it and anyone that says he did you are just fooling yourself. Lets just hope he doesn't take the place of a more polished pass catcher. If the Hawks only keep 5 WR Darboh shouldn't make the team, he wasn't good enough and needs much more coaching up to be on the field and he really showed nothing on Special teams also, PS would be perfect for him. There were other WR that stood out and looked much better than Darboh that will be cut, it's sad. 3 catches ( 7 ypc avg, RB catching numbers here ) for the preseason 2 were quick curl routes. You know the route they would always use for Largent to continue his streak when it was late in games and he had no catches.

Good god man, let it go. You can't sit here and brag about your "sound brain" and how you've been following the NFL since 1976 and insist that you give up on a 3rd round pick after 12 snaps of pre-season. These coaches see every player in practice every day. We don't. Whether other guys deserved it more is just your opinion, nothing more. What isn't an opinion is that up to this point, this FO still has yet to cut a rookie 3rd rounder. It was more about that for me than whether he "earned" anything in the 12 pre-season snaps he got before last night. You look at the whole picture, ffs. Your focus on this particular topic has been incredible narrow.

This preseason i saw little pressure from the Hawks Defensive front so i wont at all be shocked if they fail to generate much pressure for the first 4 to 6 weeks of the season. We have seen this before.
Obviously an obsolete opinion on the heels of the Sheldon Richardson trade, but I can't hold that against you.

DB Griffin makes it but does he make it on the field? i saw other guys out play him. He looks the part though. We have other CB on this team that looked better in man coverage and zone. Will the team play these more talented players now or force Griffin out there? I hope the play the talent over hype ( same as at wr )

It's almost starting to look like what you see and what the actual NFL coaches see is not always the same thing. Shocker.

Walsh was fine but we all know there will be a loss coming from a missed kick lets hope it's not in the playoffs.
Whatever Walsh does this season in the kicking game, I bet anyone that it's going to be an improvement over what we had last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god man, let it go. You can't sit here and brag about your "sound brain" and how you've been following the NFL since 1976 and insist that you give up on a 3rd round pick after 12 snaps of pre-season. These coaches see every player in practice every day. We don't. Whether other guys deserved it more is just your opinion, nothing more. What isn't an opinion is that up to this point, this FO still has yet to cut a rookie 3rd rounder. It was more about that for me than whether he "earned" anything in the 12 pre-season snaps he got before last night. You look at the whole picture, ffs. Your focus on this particular topic has been incredible narrow.

Obviously an obsolete opinion on the heels of the Sheldon Richardson trade, but I can't hold that against you.

It's almost starting to look like what you see and what the actual NFL coaches see is not always the same thing. Shocker.

Whatever Walsh does this season in the kicking game, I bet anyone that it's going to be an improvement over what we had last year.

lmao 20/20 i see. Could you stop following me around like a puppy? Oh i see if my OPINION doesn't match yours then it's a bad one good heavens you have issues. Hey be glad Kearse was traded for a talented DT because it opens the door for your mancrush Darboh. Dang you are so salty lol.

You thought Griffin played at a starter level in the preseason? Not. He was burned all over the place but there is talent there to work with we all saw it. Yet you take my post about it and make it sound like i was screaming BUST! lmao. I saw some of the other DB's down right playing in the back pocket of WR's which Griffin didn't do. He is more of a closer than a sticker if you get my meaning. Its a term i learned in Highschool football. You know who else is like that on this team? Yep Sherman. Griffin has to now get his knowledge up to Shermans level and he might be something special. I said he looks the part though meaning he looks the part of a solid CB with future growth he may even become a superstar but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Why don't you dig up my Opinion of Pryor when he was on the team. Boy was i wrong about that one wasn't I? LMAO
I also said something about Tobin you want to follow that one too? How about my talk about Lockett when he was drafted? Wilson? Carson? Willson? Vennett? Prosise? Reed? Clark? Irvin? Richardson? Britt? Marsh? Ware?

Sure some of them are no longer here but some are and most if not all are quality Players. Lets look at some of the players i have had low expectations on. Michael, Harper, Poole, Lawler, Ohdiambo, Jefferson, Glowinski, Ifedi ( didn't expect anything more than a middle of the pack guard ), Hill, Williams etc.

See i am willing and unafraid to put it out there where some of you just follow trends/locks what the talking heads say or other certainties and then pound their chest LMAO!

I have my own opinion and i am not afraid to voice it. Unlike someone who just reads quotes off ESPN/fox/cbs/nbs/nflnet and and claim those as their feelings.

volume rarely means quality in your case.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, throw all sorts of shit against the wall and then puff your chest if something sticks. Have seen that kind many times. VERRRRY impressive.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, throw all sorts of shit against the wall and then puff your chest if something sticks. Have seen that kind many times. VERRRRY impressive.

i go against the grain, yes and i am willing to state the obvious even if it makes people upset with me. As far as throwing a "bunch" of shit and when something sticks i pound my chest thats another Over reaction by you once again. Where is this bunch of shit i threw on the wall? lets see i said Darboh has not did anything this preseason ( correct ) he has not out played other players ( Lawler, McEvoy, Moore ) and shouldn't earn a roster spot on the 53 by his "lack" of production. You really seem to dislike the fact that i said Darboh has not earned a roster spot. Thats far from throwing a Bunch of shit. I went there i put my self out there for criticism, that is because i make my own judgment and decisions. You don't have to like it or my Opinion but your not going to change it.

Not all of us "play it safe" or "follow the grain" :thumb:

3rd rounder or 7th makes no difference to me if you can't take that next step.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, vote for Screamin' for the rugged individualist on a message board award.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really seem to dislike the fact that i said Darboh has not earned a roster spot.
It was never about like or dislike. It was just your seemingly singular focus on that one aspect of the decision and inability or unwillingness to recognize other factors.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never about like or dislike. It was just your seemingly singular focus on that one aspect of the decision and inability or unwillingness to recognize other factors.

No i focus on the body a work you focus on the singular aspect of "3rd round 3rd round 3rd round" lol