• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

preseason passing TDs = 0

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
49ers QBs threw 0 TDs in the preseason. Concerning? It is a bit to me.
Kap threw 0 TDs, 5 picks. Alex threw 0 TDs, 2 picks.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is disturbing. Maniax, does the stats you are looking at show how many time we were in the red zone?

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We did also run quite a bit in the red zone...the Smith to Morgan pass last night should've been a TD but it wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We did also run quite a bit in the red zone...the Smith to Morgan pass last night should've been a TD but it wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

I agree on the Morgan pass and running inside the RZ seem to be what was on the menu all pre-season. Last night we had 4 trips inside the 20 and came away with two scores both 1yd runs by Dixon.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll come together, even the Smith to Edwards one on one on the outside will be something that they execute better after more practice.

Plus, I don't think we've even seen their real redzone offense yet. In preseason, they didn't even try for Vernon in the endzone once. Or Frank in the flat... like they'll ignore those options for the regular season.

I just hope they don't need a whole lot more of practice though, not executing plays in the redzone cost the 49ers dearly in last year's opener against Seattle.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It'll come together, even the Smith to Edwards one on one on the outside will be something that they execute better after more practice.

Plus, I don't think we've even seen their real redzone offense yet. In preseason, they didn't even try for Vernon in the endzone once. Or Frank in the flat... like they'll ignore those options for the regular season.

I just hope they don't need a whole lot more of practice though, not executing plays in the redzone cost the 49ers dearly in last year's opener against Seattle.

Yep - Yep! All Good Points! Last night was pretty much weapon-less.

Along with execution in the RZ, my other big concern against Seattle is their front seven vs our protection. Last year their front seven beat us to the punch repeatedly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We left two TDs on the table against the Raiders so I don't think the stat is that big of a deal.

Also feels like Harbaugh is still holding a lot of things under wraps. The offense is supposed to heavily feature the TEs but it seemed like their really wasn't much going their way which I don't think will be the case during the season.

Z-Comeback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Along with execution in the RZ, my other big concern against Seattle is their front seven vs our protection. Last year their front seven beat us to the punch repeatedly.

Totally agree with both concerns. If our OL plays like it did early on last night I think we will be fine. Also, call me crazy, but I think Alex does well in the RZ this year; he has too many weapons at his disposal. It also doesn't hurt that we have a coaching staff that will actually gameplan.

Anyone else notice that our offense actually looks like it has a plan?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers QBs threw 0 TDs in the preseason. Concerning? It is a bit to me.
Kap threw 0 TDs, 5 picks. Alex threw 0 TDs, 2 picks.

its BIT of a concern yes, but then again i prefer leaning run in the RZ anyway? not run run, and run, but LEAN run especially the closer you get to the goal line.

so while its pre-season, might as well work on it. when the season starts, yeah we can't run all the time in the red zone, but supposedly that part is good to go?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally agree with both concerns. If our OL plays like it did early on last night I think we will be fine. Also, call me crazy, but I think Alex does well in the RZ this year; he has too many weapons at his disposal. It also doesn't hurt that we have a coaching staff that will actually gameplan.

Anyone else notice that our offense actually looks like it has a plan?

Yes, I did see some color in our offense last night, the fade to Braylon, the flex pocket, etc. One thing that stuck out quite a bit to me was when the announcer said (and I think I heard this correctly) that Harbaugh expects his QB's (Smith) to change plays at the LOS. If Smith doesn't think the play called is the best one for the defense then check out of it. What???? Smith calling an audible instead of a timeout, what the hell is that - football?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good find. It's a concern for me once the regular season starts. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since it's pre season, but i would be lying if i said i wasn't concerned with the QB play at this point. The first half of the season is going to be rough.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good find. It's a concern for me once the regular season starts. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since it's pre season, but i would be lying if i said i wasn't concerned with the QB play at this point. The first half of the season is going to be rough.

I agree 100%.

I begin each season the same way, with hope, but I am not allergic to reality either.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, I did see some color in our offense last night, the fade to Braylon, the flex pocket, etc. One thing that stuck out quite a bit to me was when the announcer said (and I think I heard this correctly) that Harbaugh expects his QB's (Smith) to change plays at the LOS. If Smith doesn't think the play called is the best one for the defense then check out of it. What???? Smith calling an audible instead of a timeout, what the hell is that - football?

Effciency will be a key. We definately need to improve out TD to FG ratio in the RZ. The QBs need to keep us in the game with limited turnovers. If we can average 22 points agame we be competitive with our Defense. :ballchain: Go 49ers!!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Effciency will be a key. We definately need to improve out TD to FG ratio in the RZ. The QBs need to keep us in the game with limited turnovers. If we can average 22 points agame we be competitive with our Defense. :ballchain: Go 49ers!!

Our front seven can hold most teams to less than seven points a game; our back four - not so much (at least last year anyway). So we'll see.

OT: How close to Painted Hills do/did you live?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we get VD, Edwards, Crab, and Gore all on the field at the same time in the red zone it will be a different story.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When we get VD, Edwards, Crab, and Gore all on the field at the same time in the red zone it will be a different story.

Agreed!

Question: Would you start Crabtree over either Ginn or Williams to begin the season?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!

Question: Would you start Crabtree over either Ginn or Williams to begin the season?

Yea i would, as long as he is healthy enough. If morgan does come in let Crab slide to the slot and hit those qucik slants. But yes def would, morgan may be underestimated if he does come in on 3 WR sets and could make some plays.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am hoping for a time when we can come at people in waves on Defense as well as Offense. Sort like the Steelers on D and the Eagles on O. Or record had been terrible lately if we dont score at least 20 points! I live on Sullivan and 16th near C.V. about 4 or 5 miles from the Painted Hills. Are you near there MW49ers5?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am hoping for a time when we can come at people in waves on Defense as well as Offense. Sort like the Steelers on D and the Eagles on O. Or record had been terrible lately if we dont score at least 20 points! I live on Sullivan and 16th near C.V. about 4 or 5 miles from the Painted Hills. Are you near there MW49ers5?

I lived in Spokane for two years ('84 -'86). I put in a year on the north side (near Wellsley & Division) and then a year down in the valley, between Evergreen & Sullivan. We would have been neighbors.