• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason 2023 Camp Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos also cut Elliott Fry to make room for him. So Broncos down to one kicker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos also cut Elliott Fry to make room for him. So Broncos down to one kicker.

Surprised at this rate we didn't cut both kickers and give someone like Randy Bullock a try this week.

I honestly don't think our week 1 kicker is currently on the roster. There are some kicker competitions out there I think we may be interested in seeing who loses and bring them on.

One might be the Vikings between Jack Podlesny vs Greg Joseph.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fry was waived/injured. Which means he goes to our IR once he clears waivers. Once healthy we will release him off IR. Same thing, just small delay in getting him off the roster all together.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Locke was carted off the field but Payton says he should be fine.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the Sirius XM radio Broncos training camp yesterday. Was a good listen. A couple take aways:

1. Sean is a hell of a worker (watched 5 years of RW touchdown passes) and is really working to tailor this offense to RW. They have personnel meetings at 9:00 p.m. after every day and Sean is very involved in those (expected that).
2. Tons of detail in practice and tons of reps that the hosts were really hyped on - install period, route stems were driven home with details. Very demanding by coaches in practice etc...
3. Hosts believe there is a lot of talent on the team but noted it was thin in some areas and that the OL is a work in progress and might not be set.
4. Hosts think that Marvin Mims will be WR3 with Brandon Johnson making the team.
5. Patton was positive on Maher saying he has made 90% of kicks in practice but the hosts noted he missed several in the practice they saw and that they need to bring in competition.
6. Lancaster has a shot to stick at DT as he is getting run with the 1's with DJ and Purcell out.

Overall it was pretty positive and not a ton of insight but a fun listen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the Sirius XM radio Broncos training camp yesterday. Was a good listen. A couple take aways:

1. Sean is a hell of a worker (watched 5 years of RW touchdown passes) and is really working to tailor this offense to RW. They have personnel meetings at 9:00 p.m. after every day and Sean is very involved in those (expected that).
2. Tons of detail in practice and tons of reps that the hosts were really hyped on - install period, route stems were driven home with details. Very demanding by coaches in practice etc...
3. Hosts believe there is a lot of talent on the team but noted it was thin in some areas and that the OL is a work in progress and might not be set.
4. Hosts think that Marvin Mims will be WR3 with Brandon Johnson making the team.
5. Patton was positive on Maher saying he has made 90% of kicks in practice but the hosts noted he missed several in the practice they saw and that they need to bring in competition.
6. Lancaster has a shot to stick at DT as he is getting run with the 1's with DJ and Purcell out.

Overall it was pretty positive and not a ton of insight but a fun listen.

that is something that definitely stuck out when I went to training camp is that this coaching staff is very detail oriented. Something goes wrong they restart the entire drill to make sure it is done right.

Heck listening to Payton talk the other day talking about how they have play designs for every situation they think they could encounter for a game so already know exactly what they will do before the situation ever pops up in a game. Given I'm sure most coaches have that, but just seems like Payton takes it to a different level.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today’s reports are that Russ continued his string of really good practice days. One reporter saying maybe his best one this year. Only had one incompletion all day. Now if the line could just protect him some…

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think this teams fortunes are tied to OL play and I am not convinced it will be all that good. Hope I am wrong and they come together though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Tyrie Cleveland is ok. Was stretchered off last night with a neck injury. He does have movement. Eagles had a lot of injuries last night.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is that young player that you want to put your stamp of approval on and say they will be something for the Broncos and turn into a star? And it doesn't have to be a rookie just someone that hasn't been anything yet that you think will.

I'm going to go with one on each side of the ball...

Offense: I'm going with rookie Marvin Mims. There is a reason the Broncos traded up for him and was the very first pick of the Payton era. I think Payton is going to give him every opportunity to shine and prove the pick to be the right choice.

Defensively: JaQuan McMillian. He has an uphill climb with guys like Mathis in front of him and another rookie the Broncos traded up to get in Riley Moss, but just think there is something there with this kid and the attitude he brings to the position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Tyrie Cleveland is ok. Was stretchered off last night with a neck injury. He does have movement. Eagles had a lot of injuries last night.

They said it was concussion and neck sprain today. So serious injury for sure, but not worst case scenario.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Sanders is the young guy I think develops into something really special. I think he is going to be that joker player on the D side of ball bringing pressure, disrupting the passing routes, TE's etc.... It should start with some specialty packages this year into a full time thing ala Micha Parsons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Sanders is the young guy I think develops into something really special. I think he is going to be that joker player on the D side of ball bringing pressure, disrupting the passing routes, TE's etc.... It should start with some specialty packages this year into a full time thing ala Micha Parsons.

Good choice and I thought about him but figured I shouldn't just list two rookies. Wanted to include someone that has been in the building for a while that I think could prove more valuable than people think.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Virgil likely out for season with a complete MCL tear. Sounds like they won’t know until they do the surgery but doesn’t sound real good.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Virgil likely out for season with a complete MCL tear. Sounds like they won’t know until they do the surgery but doesn’t sound real good.
According to the Denver Post, he will seek a second opinion. Can’t hurt to do so.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Virgil placed on IR. See you in 2024.

We have added former FLORIDA GATORS WR, Josh Hammond to the roster. Don't get too excited though. May have an outside chance at PS. At this point an extra body for reps. He is ok but I don't see him in Denver long term.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Virgil placed on IR. See you in 2024.

We have added former FLORIDA GATORS WR, Josh Hammond to the roster. Don't get too excited though. May have an outside chance at PS. At this point an extra body for reps. He is ok but I don't see him in Denver long term.

My guess at the WR room is Sutton, Jeudy, Mims, Johnson, and Calloway