• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason 2023 Camp Thread

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Virgil placed on IR. See you in 2024.

We have added former FLORIDA GATORS WR, Josh Hammond to the roster. Don't get too excited though. May have an outside chance at PS. At this point an extra body for reps. He is ok but I don't see him in Denver long term.

All season every season lately I dread opening up any reports about the Broncos practices or games because it seems like every week someone is heading to the IR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, not talked about enough is Jonathan Cooper's improvement over the offseason. He very likely might be our most improved player. Always decent for us and showed flashes but he has taken a huge step forward this year. Should be a major contributor this year...

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait for Cooper to show it consistently in games before I get too excited. It seems like he has been hyped up before only to be way to inconsistent. I do like the depth we seem to have at the edge though, just hope it holds up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait for Cooper to show it consistently in games before I get too excited. It seems like he has been hyped up before only to be way to inconsistent. I do like the depth we seem to have at the edge though, just hope it holds up.

Right. I mean that goes for any player in PS... We have seen enough PS stars like every team... However, it is great to see improvement. He was already worthy of a roster spot the past two years but growth is good and hopefully it carries over.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I gave the highest praise to of the undrafted FA"s that we signed after the draft is making some rumblings. I hadn't heard anything about him until today. Very happy to see this. Really liked him at Illinois. A 3 year starter on one of the better OL's in college football last year.

Alex Palczewski.

Could we have two undrafted players make the 53 this year with McLaughlin looking like a lock?

Payton called him tough and smart and his reps are climbing.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I gave the highest praise to of the undrafted FA"s that we signed after the draft is making some rumblings. I hadn't heard anything about him until today. Very happy to see this. Really liked him at Illinois. A 3 year starter on one of the better OL's in college football last year.

Alex Palczewski.

Could we have two undrafted players make the 53 this year with McLaughlin looking like a lock?

Obvious Polish. Tough and smart? Could be!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins (Fangio) have signed former Broncos LB Alexander Johnson.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Palczewski.

He really has been making some waves! Good to see the Broncos finally have a developmental tackle that could turn into something down the road. This past preseason game he was actually the first guy subbed out of the 2nd unit ahead of guys like Prince (started preseason game 1), Bailey (should be a lock to make the roster), and Fuller. I would guess that combined with him getting huge praise from the coaching staff this week that he is getting close to being a lock to make the roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything like that. I think this is worth noting ... Not the first part of this message because this is just to piggyback off a convo we had earlier in the offseason... But earlier this spring after the draft I mentioned using Greg Dulcich in multiple ways and how he could be a mismatch problem and line up wide much like Scheffler did in Denver. Someone or a few people in here thought I was a nutjob for suggesting Dulcich will be a mismatch problem if we use him split out and utilize him in different formations all over the field and that it didn't make sense to use him like that because he was a 3rd round pick and he should be a TE and he isn't a mismatch if he is split it because he is a TE and not a speedy WR to exploit those mismatches and yada yada yada.. We had a pretty good argument going and I felt this made sense to use Dulcich if we wanted to get the best productivity out of him since he isn't a blocking TE.

Well today... Sean Payton called his position the "joker" position today... Saying Dulcich would be used in different ways all over the field to exploit mismatches. Inside and outside off the line and on the line.

That my friends is a smart coach... Something we should have done last year when Dulcich was healthy, IMO.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse case is what 4-6 weeks for a hamstring?

Unless it is torn and surgery is needed then it is a season ender.

Hammy's are tricky. Either way it sucks but could be not too big of a deal or could be awful news or could be lingering where it screws him most of the year on and off. We will see.

Seems like so far in Jeudy's career he has an injury each year that looks bad but it ends up better then first expected. Let's pray that is the case here.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it is torn and surgery is needed then it is a season ender.

Hammy's are tricky. Either way it sucks but could be not too big of a deal or could be awful news or could be lingering where it screws him most of the year on and off. We will see.

Seems like so far in Jeudy's career he has an injury each year that looks bad but it ends up better than first expected. Let's pray that is the case here.
Word so far is at least several weeks but there hasn’t been an official ruling yet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word so far is at least several weeks but there hasn’t been an official ruling yet.

The way it looks/sounds I will be surprised if he is ready for the opener. I am just hoping it isn't torn. I will feel lucky if it is 4 weeks.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many receivers are we gonna even have dressed week 1? We’re gonna be lucky if there’s 3…