• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason 2023 Camp Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career has to be in jeopardy. Two major injuries in one year.

I am glad the guy got paid before this happened. I know that isn't good for us as a team but he earned it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm heading out to Camp on Friday if anyone might happen to be going. Been a weird year with Payton really shutting down a ton of information getting released from camp like past seasons.

The little I have heard though sounds like the defense is miles ahead of the offense so far. Offensive Line is really struggling against these pass rushers. So that could mean either the Broncos have a stronger pass rush than we thought or that this OL is not great when it comes to pass protection. The one nice thing offensively though is I have heard of lots of long runs being broken and with the Broncos being a run first team that is nice to see it starting to click.

Few individual players I've heard good things about...

Jaleel McClaughlin at the RB position has really made a name for himself.

Faion Hicks has had a lot of really nice plays and done well in 1-on-1 situations.

Jonathan Cooper has been the star of camp

Zach Allen is another that has been causing fits for the OL

Justin Simmons of course should once again prove to be one of the best safeties in the NFL.

Kicker battle so far sounds like Maher has been the better option. Almost every kick has been right down the middle. They joked that there is a guy up on a tower behind the field goal posts and Maher has been able to hit him in the hands.

The rookie to watch is Drew Sanders. ONly guy so far getting run on the main field with the defense. Mims has gotten some work with the injuries but Sanders seems to be standing above the rest.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders seems like the type of player you just can't afford not to have on the field in some capacity which is a great problem to have.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders seems like the type of player you just can't afford not to have on the field in some capacity which is a great problem to have.

going to be interesting to see how they use him considering they still have Jewell and Singleton in front of him at the off-ball position. While neither of those guys will prove to be a star, I'm also having trouble taking one of them off the field except in certain situations that it might be good to have a 6'5" freak athlete in the middle.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to be interesting to see how they use him considering they still have Jewell and Singleton in front of him at the off-ball position. While neither of those guys will prove to be a star, I'm also having trouble taking one of them off the field except in certain situations that it might be good to have a 6'5" freak athlete in the middle.
Agreed it will be tough to take either off the field, but both Jewell and Singleton are not 100% sure bets to play as well as they did last year. I think Denver can use Sanders in specialized packages to start the season and he is an insurance policy should either of the other two not perform or have to miss time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bassey now wearing #21, Skinner is now wearing #34.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate this kind of news but sounds like Jonas Griffith is going to miss some time with an injury now.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By some time it looks like the entire season with an ACL. WTF is this team so injury cursed?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's either the training staff, or something associated with the field. Because its different players every damn year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By some time it looks like the entire season with an ACL. WTF is this team so injury cursed?

Yeah when I posted it hadn't come out that it was ACL just that he would be out for some time. So ACL he is done and probably done in Denver.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's either the training staff, or something associated with the field. Because its different players every damn year.
I think you have to add in altitude. Having less oxygen - at my house we have about 70% of oxygen compared to sea level - contributes not only to injuries, but also makes it typically longer to recover. People talk about moving to CO for retirement, and I wouldn’t advise that for health reasons.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubble Boy Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Future training camps

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to add in altitude. Having less oxygen - at my house we have about 70% of oxygen compared to sea level - contributes not only to injuries, but also makes it typically longer to recover. People talk about moving to CO for retirement, and I wouldn’t advise that for health reasons.
Now you tell me Dad lol.