• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL} 2017 Offensive Rookie Of The Year Predictions......

My pick is Fournette, but he'll wear down over the years.

• Leonard Fournette

• Christain McCaffrey

• Mitchell Trubisky

• Deshawn Watson

• OJ Howard

• Dalvin Cook

• Mike Williams

• Alvin Kamara

• Corey Davis

• David Najoku

• Other (write in)

• Tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey davis. Him and Mariota should be all kinds of good together.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said that about Lacy after his first season and he kept getting bigger every year.
right bc were comparing fournette and lacy, they weren't even drafted in the same ball park

maybe let's toss in vince wil fork he's big too

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center... Come on dude. This is so absurd. Freaking Center. So if it came down to choosing between Brady, Rodgers, Julio, Khalil Mack and the best Center in the NFL, Fredricks, you'd contemplate taking him over the others. Get the heck out of here with that nonsense.

Your're right! Who needs a fucking center! They only hike the ball, call out line blocking schemes and call out different line assignments when the D is showing a blitz. Yep, centers aren't important. I swear you don't understand the fucking game but I'm sure your only argument will be " but but the draft position". Get out of here.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your're right! Who needs a fucking center! They only hike the ball, call out line blocking schemes and call out different line assignments when the D is showing a blitz. Yep, centers aren't important. I swear you don't understand the fucking game but I'm sure your only argument will be " but but the draft position". Get out of here.

MLB do the same thing on D and they are also considered a lesser valued position so there goes your theory right down the shitter.
There's an argument to be made that every position is important but the top 4 have always been QB, LT, DE, CB. Center is a lower ranked position like K, P, TE, MLB.
When we all become GMs I'll stick with the Bradys, Khalil Macks and Tyron Smiths... you can scoop up the kickers and Centers

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB do the same thing on D and they are also considered a lesser valued position so there goes your theory right down the shitter.

You're a pretty good poster but you're a dumb fuck on this topic.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a pretty good poster but you're a dumb fuck on this topic.

I always liked your posts too but come on man. Every fat boy who couldn't play in HS coach put them at Center cause they were always the least talented dude on the field. Center man... Come on.

1. If they were a pivotal position teams would snap them up with the first pick in the draft like they do with QB and DE.
2. If NFL players thought Centers were pivotal the top 100 would be littered with them. The top 10 will be QBs and DE.
3. If Center was so pivotal the Eagles wouldn't be able to land the 3rd highest ranked prospect in the post draft FA dump pile.
4. If Centers were so important they'd get paid, but they rarely do and are one of the lowest paid positions in all of team sports.
5. If Center was so critical the HOF would be littered with them like it is with QBs and DEs. I don't think one Center has made it in the last quarter century.

Shall I go on? Do a Google search and there's articles out there. A few written by ex NFL players and Center is at the bottom.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked your posts too but come on man. Every fat boy who couldn't play in HS coach put them at Center cause they were always the least talented dude on the field. Center man... Come on.

1. If they were a pivotal position teams would snap them up with the first pick in the draft like they do with QB and DE.
2. If NFL players thought Centers were pivotal the top 100 would be littered with them. The top 10 will be QBs and DE.
3. If Center was so pivotal the Eagles wouldn't be able to land the 3rd highest ranked prospect in the post draft FA dump pile.
4. If Centers were so important they'd get paid, but they rarely do and are one of the lowest paid positions in all of team sports.
5. If Center was so critical the HOF would be littered with them like it is with QBs and DEs. I don't think one Center has made it in the last quarter century.

Shall I go on? Do a Google search and there's articles out there. A few written by ex NFL players and Center is at the bottom.

1. Yes DE and QB's go first, I understand that. The position it self only carries two per team and are usually filled plus centers that are drafted get converted to other positions on the line.

2. The top 100 doesn't mean much cause players usually vote for each other.

3. Can't go by rankings. How many "top" guys bust? A lot.

4. Centers do get paid. Top center makes 10 mil and top 15 centers make above 5-6 mil a year. That's pretty good pay check.

5. Centers usually don't make the HoF cause it's a thankless job that's not flashy or filling up the stat sheet like other positions.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yes DE and QB's go first, I understand that. The position it self only carries two per team and are usually filled plus centers that are drafted get converted to other positions on the line.

No, Tackles and Guards who can't play the position get swapped to Center, not the other way around.

2. The top 100 doesn't mean much cause players usually vote for each other.

I agree it's stupid bit why would the exclude K, P and Centers. Must be a reason

3. Can't go by rankings. How many "top" guys bust? A lot.

That has nothing to do with it. Teams simply refuse to EVER take Centers in the top 12. I've seen every other position go I'm the top 12 except FB, K, P and Center. I wonder why.

4. Centers do get paid. Top center makes 10 mil and top 15 centers make above 5-6 mil a year. That's pretty good pay check.

They are still one of the lowest paid positions on average in all of team sports.

5. Centers usually don't make the HoF cause it's a thankless job that's not flashy or filling up the stat sheet like other positions.

Yes, I agree and I wish my Eagles had a better Center cause Kelce sucks. But Tackles get no sacks and get drafted #1, get ranked in the top 20, get $100 million dollar contracts.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right bc were comparing fournette and lacy, they weren't even drafted in the same ball park

maybe let's toss in vince wil fork he's big too

Draft round is irrelevant for this topic. I was comparing an overweight RB with weight issues from the south to another overweight RB from the south. The funny thing is Lacy was actually only 231 lbs when he weighed in at the combine so Fournette is already starting off way wore than FEAST MODE.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette weighed 228lbs. at his pro day April 5th many players use water to add weight at the combine since they don't test the same day as the weigh in and they can shed the weight fast. Its more impressive to run 4.5 at 240 than it is to run it at whatever his actual weight was at the combine. As far as Lacy goes he and Fournette have completely different body types Fournette has a lot of muscle mass that Eddie Lacy lacks. What Fournette needs to prove is does he have field vision/instincts or his he just another Ron Dayne/Bo Jackson type(great in underwear, but not so great in pads).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree and I wish my Eagles had a better Center cause Kelce sucks. But Tackles get no sacks and get drafted #1, get ranked in the top 20, get $100 million dollar contracts.

Like I said, centers are a thankless job. LT gets more glory for keeping the QB upright which is important but centers keeps the line in tact on blitzes, run and pass game. Without a good center, the line fails and so does the offense.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, centers are a thankless job. LT gets more glory for keeping the QB upright which is important but centers keeps the line in tact on blitzes, run and pass game. Without a good center, the line fails and so does the offense.

You have a point. Maybe my counter is subjective but PFF rated the Eagles OLINE 7th and their C 33rd there's not even 33 teams.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a point. Maybe my counter is subjective but PFF rated the Eagles OLINE 7th and their C 33rd there's not even 33 teams.

Is this rating from last season or this upcoming season?