• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL} 2017 Offensive Rookie Of The Year Predictions......

My pick is Fournette, but he'll wear down over the years.

• Leonard Fournette

• Christain McCaffrey

• Mitchell Trubisky

• Deshawn Watson

• OJ Howard

• Dalvin Cook

• Mike Williams

• Alvin Kamara

• Corey Davis

• David Najoku

• Other (write in)

• Tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anywhere close to what a GM knows. Never pretended to know what they know. I just notice they don't place a high value on Centers because if they Dis Centers would get drafted in the top 10... but they NEVER do.

I also think it's a valid point in the NFL channels top 100 players only one Center got picked and was in the late 80's. The players vote and they know better than anyone. Why don't Centers make the top 100 list?
we aren't talking about centers here god do u have a hard on for that position

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anywhere close to what a GM knows. Never pretended to know what they know. I just notice they don't place a high value on Centers because if they Dis Centers would get drafted in the top 10... but they NEVER do.

I also think it's a valid point in the NFL channels top 100 players only one Center got picked and was in the late 80's. The players vote and they know better than anyone. Why don't Centers make the top 100 list?

Easy answer to the question. Center is not a flashy position like QB, WR, CB etc. It gets over looked.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer to the question. Center is not a flashy position like QB, WR, CB etc. It gets over looked.

A handful of guards, tackles and other non fancy positions made the top 10. No kickers, no punt returners and 1 center in the late 80s made the top 100... you know, the less important positions. I need to drop this because the argument is so ludicrous. Every position in the NFL is important but some or less important then others. Centers are near the bottom along with guards, TE's etc.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A handful of guards, tackles and other non fancy positions made the top 10. No kickers, no punt returners and 1 center in the late 80s made the top 100... you know, the less important positions. I need to drop this because the argument is so ludicrous. Every position in the NFL is important but some or less important then others. Centers are near the bottom along with guards, TE's etc.
dude this is a thread about offensive player of the year. YOUR ARE THE ONE TALKING ABOUT CENTERS. you also use arguments about how high a player is drafted, as a measure of success and how good they are.......yet you pick a RB who was what the 4th RB off the board? your logic is fluid and wishy washy

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think centers are one of the least important positions then you are lost.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 'other' has a good 50/50 shot at this and I almost never think that about the draft.

I'm not going to overthink this one and just pick Fournette. Jags running game has been junk since MJD as far as I can tell and I can see them taking the keys away from Bortles a bit to make things easier on him.

This is a class full of projects, though. Definitely going to wait 3 years before judging. Id say its at least an 80% chance a RB wins OROY, though.

As i watcched my closet team all year. That is what they needed. Bortles sucks because has no one to give the ball to in the backfield expect for some Steaming hot garbage.

Not expecting AD numbers but i would be disapointed if he doesn't go 1,000 yards and 5 TD's

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i watcched my closet team all year. That is what they needed. Bortles sucks because has no one to give the ball to in the backfield expect for some Steaming hot garbage.

Not expecting AD numbers but i would be disapointed if he doesn't go 1,000 yards and 5 TD's
cut ivory, and give the boy the rock, he cant catch btw

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude this is a thread about offensive player of the year. YOUR ARE THE ONE TALKING ABOUT CENTERS. you also use arguments about how high a player is drafted, as a measure of success and how good they are.......yet you pick a RB who was what the 4th RB off the board? your logic is fluid and wishy washy

I never said how good they are going to be based on draft position... I said you can tell the importance of positions are based where they are drafted. Thats a monumental difference. You never see Kickers, Punt returner and Center drafted in the top dozen. No why???

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think centers are one of the least important positions then you are lost.

Center... Come on dude. This is so absurd. Freaking Center. So if it came down to choosing between Brady, Rodgers, Julio, Khalil Mack and the best Center in the NFL, Fredricks, you'd contemplate taking him over the others. Get the heck out of here with that nonsense.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said how good they are going to be based on draft position... I said you can tell the importance of positions are based where they are drafted. Thats a monumental difference. You never see Kickers, Punt returner and Center drafted in the top dozen. No why???

There are 1 maybe 2 openings as a starting Center or Kicker per year with 50+ applicants for each position. Positions like QB and DE are far harder to find there are usually 10+ teams looking for an upgrade at both positions and usually 0-3 players that are considered elite talents at those positions. Players value in the draft is dictated by supply and demand, but that doesn't mean a position like Center or Kicker isn't valuable on the field.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LF might be the next Eddie Lacy in win the ROY then eat himself out of a job.. I went with Christian since he's behind a solid O-line.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LF might be the next Eddie Lacy in win the ROY then eat himself out of a job.. I went with Christian since he's behind a solid O-line.
when was fournette overweight? when he ran a 4.5?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
point being? he plays at 235

I said he might I never said he will be the next Eddie Lacy. I wouldn't be shocked if he did win the ROY but I wouldn't be shocked if he got fat as well. To show up to your first NFL type event at the combine at 240lbs just throws up red flags to me. All I can say is I hope he learns from EL on what not to do.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe Mixon may end up being the darkhorse here

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he might I never said he will be the next Eddie Lacy. I wouldn't be shocked if he did win the ROY but I wouldn't be shocked if he got fat as well. To show up to your first NFL type event at the combine at 240lbs just throws up red flags to me. All I can say is I hope he learns from EL on what not to do.
if you play at 235, 240 means little