• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL} 2017 Offensive Rookie Of The Year Predictions......

My pick is Fournette, but he'll wear down over the years.

• Leonard Fournette

• Christain McCaffrey

• Mitchell Trubisky

• Deshawn Watson

• OJ Howard

• Dalvin Cook

• Mike Williams

• Alvin Kamara

• Corey Davis

• David Najoku

• Other (write in)

• Tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're up sports fans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go Corey Davis on this one. Very tempted to go Christian McCaffrey because he is in a system that will get him quite a few opportunities but I just like Davis' game and the opportunities he will have as well. The Titans have maybe the best run game in football right now with a high quality OL and a 2-headed monster at the RB position plus a QB that is a threat at any time. So Davis should be left one-on-one quite often and he is one fo the few rookie WR's that is already a great route runner and should be able to find himself open on a regular basis. Mariota has an accurate enough arm to take advantage of Davis' game so I see a thousand yard 10 touchdown type WR this year from him.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go Corey Davis on this one. Very tempted to go Christian McCaffrey because he is in a system that will get him quite a few opportunities but I just like Davis' game and the opportunities he will have as well. The Titans have maybe the best run game in football right now with a high quality OL and a 2-headed monster at the RB position plus a QB that is a threat at any time. So Davis should be left one-on-one quite often and he is one fo the few rookie WR's that is already a great route runner and should be able to find himself open on a regular basis. Mariota has an accurate enough arm to take advantage of Davis' game so I see a thousand yard 10 touchdown type WR this year from him.

McCaffrey has amazing ability, but he has to be used creatively and with good execution.
If he's just lined up at RB he'll get slaughtered.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey has amazing ability, but he has to be used creatively and with good execution.
If he's just lined up at RB he'll get slaughtered.

Not necessarily. He is honestly going to the perfect situation. The Panthers run such a close system to what McCaffrey ran in college he should be able to handle it and they should know how to use him. Throw in he is going to a team that actually has talent around him. McCaffrey had a decent OL in front of him but other than that nothing. They didn't have all that quality of QB's and the WR's/TE's were nothing to jump up and down in excitement for so teams just loaded the box to stop him worrying very little about others. So he should have easier running lanes with the Panthers.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. He is honestly going to the perfect situation. The Panthers run such a close system to what McCaffrey ran in college he should be able to handle it and they should know how to use him. Throw in he is going to a team that actually has talent around him. McCaffrey had a decent OL in front of him but other than that nothing. They didn't have all that quality of QB's and the WR's/TE's were nothing to jump up and down in excitement for so teams just loaded the box to stop him worrying very little about others. So he should have easier running lanes with the Panthers.

He isn't big enough to run some of the plays he ran in college and hold up in my opinion.
The NFL ain't Stanford. Put him in space, that's the key.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't big enough to run some of the plays he ran in college and hold up in my opinion.
The NFL ain't Stanford. Put him in space, that's the key.

I guess maybe you should talk to LeSean McCoy, Devonta Freeman, Sproles, Lamar Miller and there are plenty of other smaller RB's. McCoy and Charles have been the main guys to show that smaller RB's can be productive even running between the tackles. If he has the vision to see the holes then he will be just fine no matter what his size is.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess maybe you should talk to LeSean McCoy, Devonta Freeman, Sproles, Lamar Miller and there are plenty of other smaller RB's. McCoy and Charles have been the main guys to show that smaller RB's can be productive even running between the tackles. If he has the vision to see the holes then he will be just fine no matter what his size is.

McCaffrey isn't built anything like Freeman, he's not built like Miller, Sproles or Charles either, I'm not sure about McCoy, I'll have to look at photos. Those guys are thick through the hips and lower bodies and have low centers of gravity. CM is built like a receiver, which I think he'll be in The NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey isn't built anything like Freeman, he's not built like Miller, Sproles or Charles either, I'm not sure about McCoy, I'll have to look at photos. Those guys are thick through the hips and lower bodies and have low centers of gravity. CM is built like a receiver, which I think he'll be in The NFL.

I guess agree to disagree. He is a quick/speed RB and those types can have success in the NFL even running between the tackles. Yes he wont' be a goal line pound it into the pile and move people kind of guy but that doesn't mean he won't be successful.

McCoy to me is a great comparison. Same height, very close in weight, ran very similar speed wise. McCaffrey is actually the more pure athlete of the two. And McCaffrey showed in college that he thrived running between the tackles. He wasn't the speed guy always trying to bounce things outside but showed patience to wait for a hole to open up then explode through it. He has been around the NFL and knows what it takes to make it in this league and is a big time workaholic. The players that didn't get along with him in college were the ones that got mad because he would tell them to work harder. I think he will be just fine in the NFL.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess agree to disagree. He is a quick/speed RB and those types can have success in the NFL even running between the tackles. Yes he wont' be a goal line pound it into the pile and move people kind of guy but that doesn't mean he won't be successful.

McCoy to me is a great comparison. Same height, very close in weight, ran very similar speed wise. McCaffrey is actually the more pure athlete of the two. And McCaffrey showed in college that he thrived running between the tackles. He wasn't the speed guy always trying to bounce things outside but showed patience to wait for a hole to open up then explode through it. He has been around the NFL and knows what it takes to make it in this league and is a big time workaholic. The players that didn't get along with him in college were the ones that got mad because he would tell them to work harder. I think he will be just fine in the NFL.

McCaffrey ran behind 1 of the 2 best blocking teams in college football, he rarely took tacklers straight on. He also faced college defenses.
More important is what is best for McCaffrey long term, it's not running inside or as an every down back.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be Dalvin Cook, but why not include Joe Mixon I would think with the hype he's been getting as the best all around back in this class he would be one of the favorites.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith-Schuster FTW!!!!

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be Dalvin Cook, but why not include Joe Mixon I would think with the hype he's been getting as the best all around back in this class he would be one of the favorites.

Like most list, this one is a tad arbitrary, I had to stop somewhere.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Mixon should be on the list, but doubt he's rookie of the year, because year one looks like a committee at RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey ran behind 1 of the 2 best blocking teams in college football, he rarely took tacklers straight on. He also faced college defenses.
More important is what is best for McCaffrey long term, it's not running inside or as an every down back.

I think your correct. See Stanford vs Huskies to get a idea how McCaffery will look like against the kind of players he'll see in the pros. Where he excels at is catching the ball in open space and leaving LBs flat footed. Rumor has it that the Panthers will use him as a slot receiver some.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess to me I"ll disagree on the blocking. His OL was not full of future NFL players. There have been a couple for sure but I would put a lot of OL's ahead of the one he ran behind. The other issue is the loaded boxes that he had to run against. Teams loaded the box and dared Stanford to beat them with anybody but McCaffrey and he still found ways to make plays.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your correct. See Stanford vs Huskies to get a idea how McCaffery will look like against the kind of players he'll see in the pros. Where he excels at is catching the ball in open space and leaving LBs flat footed. Rumor has it that the Panthers will use him as a slot receiver some.

If his OC is smart he'll find what gets him into space best without taking a lot of punishment and run it. He'll need good downfield blocking to come close to maxing out his potential.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me I"ll disagree on the blocking. His OL was not full of future NFL players. There have been a couple for sure but I would put a lot of OL's ahead of the one he ran behind. The other issue is the loaded boxes that he had to run against. Teams loaded the box and dared Stanford to beat them with anybody but McCaffrey and he still found ways to make plays.

I'm not referring to how many pro prospects Stanford had this past season, though they are talented.
I'm referring to how they're taught. I think Stanford and Wisconsin have the best trained OLs year in year out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Davis seems like the safest pick oddly enough. DeShaun Watson behind a sketchy OL is probably not going to be a great recipe for success.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Davis seems like the safest pick oddly enough. DeShaun Watson behind a sketchy OL is probably not going to be a great recipe for success.

Watson's ability to scramble away from pressure while maintaining his downfield focus should help some, but Alabama's front 7 was nothing compared to an average NFL front 7.