• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could probably say that about most professional athletes

It's not illegal if you don't get caught

oh, and incidentally, I find your reference, however so slightly, that Popeye and PEDs are somehow connected personally insulting :suds:

Yes...you can say it about too many professional athletes. You can rattle off names of Ravens and Orioles for that matter. I'm not giving them a pass. I'm speaking about the athletes that are relevant in this story.

It's cheating whether you get caught or don't get caught. I know there are fans that don't care. I respect their right to feel that way. I'm not one of them though. I f'ing hate cheating.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I f'ing hate cheating.

as I

I will never forgive that fuckin juice box Braun for denying my grandson's a chance to witness of what I hope was going to be the modern day version of Robin Yount

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It's obvious that Harrison, Peppers and Matthews have never touched a PED. They just love their spinach.

90f0287f9d5e45f75f867fdfbfcaf7204492570c25aad132b687260bcef72988_1.jpg
It wouldn't shock me, but they test for PEDs...Why are you laboring on this when the NFL themselves has let it go? It's a non-story at this point.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me, but they test for PEDs...Why are you laboring on this when the NFL themselves has let it go? It's a non-story at this point.

Define laboring. I posted this:

I'm certainly glad they did their due diligence with it though. Much better than what happened when MLB ignored everything.

That would have been the end of it for me if people didn't respond to that. Does that sound like I'm laboring on it?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much of a ruse this entire thing really was.

Again, the initial report from Al Jazeer had already been discredited. And yet, there were still threats to punish the people mentioned in it.

Those threatened came forward and basically kissed Goodell's ass.

And only after they do that does he officially declare them innocent of all wrongdoing.

Something that should have been done the very moment the report was debunked.

But not with this arrogant ass. In the NFL, you are guilty until and unless you kiss Goodell's ass.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody can't be squeaky clean like Brady, just facts

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much of a ruse this entire thing really was.

Again, the initial report from Al Jazeer had already been discredited. And yet, there were still threats to punish the people mentioned in it.

Those threatened came forward and basically kissed Goodell's ass.

And only after they do that does he officially declare them innocent of all wrongdoing.

Something that should have been done the very moment the report was debunked.

But not with this arrogant ass. In the NFL, you are guilty until and unless you kiss Goodell's ass.

1. I thought the threats of punishment were if the players refused to talk.

2. How did the players kiss Goodell's ass?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like me...I've never been any more than a partial...now, I just don't have the patience to be tied to a whole season anymore...I've been to a game in the So Bronx...actually a few games there, and a couple at Shea which I think is no longer. Far more knowledgeable baseball fans in NY.

I watch some during the postseason now...much like the NBA...I probably go to a Gwinnett Braves game before I get back to see the ATL Braves live again...especially now that they're that they're moving to Cobb.

Yeah, Shea is gone. Citifield is a BIG improvement.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define laboring. I posted this:

I'm certainly glad they did their due diligence with it though. Much better than what happened when MLB ignored everything.

That would have been the end of it for me if people didn't respond to that. Does that sound like I'm laboring on it?

Agree with that in bold.

Just generally speaking I think this was a dead topic once nothing came out of the interviews which imo should never have come about, at least not on this kind of stage. But, that's water under the bridge as well.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with that in bold.

Just generally speaking I think this was a dead topic once nothing came out of the interviews which imo should never have come about, at least not on this kind of stage. But, that's water under the bridge as well.

I just get a little annoyed with the "witch hunt" theory. It's the same thing Pats' fans say about Brady.

Umm...why would the league want to tarnish the images of some of it's biggest stars? How is that profitable???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get a little annoyed with the "witch hunt" theory. It's the same thing Pats' fans say about Brady.

Umm...why would the league want to tarnish the images of some of it's biggest stars? How is that profitable???

I'm not suggesting it was a witch hunt, but the NFL conducted as if it were.

Granted...enough hush money can make most people recant a story so I agree if there was some smoke there the NFL should have probed into it. Probable cause to get a sample immediately, which I understand Harrison provided and I assume the other players did as well.

Without a positive test, imo it should already be dead. They were never going to get any more than what they got from the interviews. But, if they still had questions, they simply could've conducted these interviews on the phone with any fanfare.

FWIW...this is not a partisan issue for me...I would feel the exact same way if Harrison were not involved.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted...enough hush money can make most people recant a story so I agree if there was some smoke there the NFL should have probed into it. Probable cause to get a sample immediately, which I understand Harrison provided and I assume the other players did as well.

Without a positive test, imo it should already be dead. They were never going to get any more than what they got from the interviews. But, if they still had questions, they simply could've conducted these interviews on the phone with any fanfare.

FWIW...this is not a partisan issue for me...I would feel the exact same way if Harrison were not involved.

If you decide to only rely on testing, you need to be certain the testing process is 100% effective. I am not under the impression that it is (but I could be wrong).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you decide to only rely on testing, you need to be certain the testing process is 100% effective. I am not under the impression that it is (but I could be wrong).

Agree, but via the CBA the league will have very difficult time suspending a player suspected of a PED or other banned substance without a positive test. There probably is some gray area there, which is why masking agents are tagged as positive as well.

The reason the league gave in on forcing the players to go to NY was according to the CBA they really didn't have enough evidence to mandate it.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah, the old Lance Armstrong defense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largely why he skirted the system for so long, but a different animal...that sport was full of blood doping and LA figured it out.
I agreed, I was just making the point that I don't the "I've never tested positive for anything" defense. Armstrong ruined that one for me.

I do think the NFL has an obligation to investigate any link between a player and PEDs. That's why they at least had to question these guys. Of course, when the guy who made the claim recants it, and the tv network that reported it folded, it becomes increasingly unlikely to amount to anything. That's why I think Harrison's fuss was rather overblown. Just answer the questions and you'll be cleared.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree