• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the NFL has an obligation to investigate any link between a player and PEDs. That's why they at least had to question these guys. Of course, when the guy who made the claim recants it, and the tv network that reported it folded, it becomes increasingly unlikely to amount to anything. That's why I think Harrison's fuss was rather overblown. Just answer the questions and you'll be cleared.

This is where I stand. Some call it a witch hunt, I call it due diligence.

For those that do call it a witch hunt, My question is...why? What does the NFL have to gain by having some of it's most marketable players linked to PEDs? Just like...what does the NFL have to gain by having one of it's most marketable players linked to cheating?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you decide to only rely on testing, you need to be certain the testing process is 100% effective. I am not under the impression that it is (but I could be wrong).
I'd rather rely on a test than a jilted girl friend or a person trying t undermine a player.
I'm sure the NFL is missing a lot of users with their testing program, but I'm not convicting a guy for PED use on words alone.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I'm not convicting a guy for PED use on words alone.

I'm not saying this. This doesn't mean that the NFL shouldn't do it's due diligence based on words alone. That's all they did.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed, I was just making the point that I don't the "I've never tested positive for anything" defense. Armstrong ruined that one for me.

I do think the NFL has an obligation to investigate any link between a player and PEDs. That's why they at least had to question these guys. Of course, when the guy who made the claim recants it, and the tv network that reported it folded, it becomes increasingly unlikely to amount to anything. That's why I think Harrison's fuss was rather overblown. Just answer the questions and you'll be cleared.

I agree...they did need to probe into it...speaking of the Lance situation...that's probably why they did need to question the players because it would be nearly impossible to suspend a player under the CBA w/o a positive test. Maybe if eyewitnesses saw a player injecting themselves they could build a circumstantial case strong enough to suspend...idk

Harrison's history with the league (more specifically Goodell) is littered with bad blood...so he probably took it more personal than he needed to.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this. This doesn't mean that the NFL shouldn't do it's due diligence based on words alone. That's all they did.

I agree... Talk to them, make sure their stories line up. Then the league can go out and do what they did, disprove the Al Jazeera report based on their investigation and give those players the leagues backing that they did nothing wrong.