• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players implicated by Al Jazeer must speak or face suspension

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another witch hunt by Goodell... I guess he's okay with Kaepernick disrespecting the flag because there will be no repercussions for that asshole's actions.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the memo before 2007 said "This time we really, really, REALLY mean it".
Something like Obama drawing a red line in Syria.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another witch hunt by Goodell... I guess he's okay with Kaepernick disrespecting the flag because there will be no repercussions for that asshole's actions.

With his skills completely gone none of us really need to worry about Kaepernick except Niner fans. He's now a Vegan, member of Islam, BLM devotee so he has no interest in actually earning his money. He thinks of himself as an activist now and that's a job these days.
The Niners will string him along until they can cut him without serious cap issues and he'll try and fake an injury to guarantee his salary once it's clear he's about to go.

Reactions: GNG

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that MLB had just gotten it's head handed to them by the union in the strike. They had no chance of getting the testing through until public opinion turned. The union basically told MLB choosing to do steroids was no different than a players decision to drink or smoke. After cancelling the W.S. by locking out the players they were the villians and had they tried they would gave gotten hammered.

Once the HR's started flying out of the park and people responded positively I can see why the owners didn't want to get into a fight they had no chance of winning. Why hurt their game and profits further if the players insisted on damaging their health?

To me the real villains were the steroid users and the union for creating an atmosphere where players had to choose between steroids or possibly losing their job. They were the ones who should have protected their members.

Not that I have any love for the owners.

True....there were some other dynamics in play...mentioning the cancelled the WS opened a wound...to digress a second, I was a fairly big MLB fan back then...or should say up until then, went to 20-25 Braves games a yr...still like the sport, but have not been back to a game since.

But if you don't test for an illegal substance and players feel like they could gain a competitive edge using said substance, isn't that really an invite to use it?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....there were some other dynamics in play...mentioning the cancelled the WS opened a wound...to digress a second, I was a fairly big MLB fan back then...or should say up until then, went to 20-25 Braves games a yr...still like the sport, but have not been back to a game since.

But if you don't test for an illegal substance and players feel like they could gain a competitive edge using said substance, isn't that really an invite to use it?

I was a Yankee season ticket holder (Partial) at the time and it was the first time they'd been good in a long while. I was not amused but the 1995 season and the series against the Mariners got be back. Then they just kept winning and the Sox got good and the rivalry was renewed.

One can say they invited them but in the minors, which MLB controlled they instituted the testing, they would have had to collectively bargain the MLB testing and the union told them straight out to fuck off.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Yankee season ticket holder (Partial) at the time and it was the first time they'd been good in a long while. I was not amused but the 1995 season and the series against the Mariners got be back. Then they just kept winning and the Sox got good and the rivalry was renewed.

One can say they invited them but in the minors, which MLB controlled they instituted the testing, they would have had to collectively bargain the MLB testing and the union told them straight out to fuck off.

Like me...I've never been any more than a partial...now, I just don't have the patience to be tied to a whole season anymore...I've been to a game in the So Bronx...actually a few games there, and a couple at Shea which I think is no longer. Far more knowledgeable baseball fans in NY.

I watch some during the postseason now...much like the NBA...I probably go to a Gwinnett Braves game before I get back to see the ATL Braves live again...especially now that they're that they're moving to Cobb.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they were cleared because they were innocent of any wrong doing. Goodell is just a dictator.

Right. It's obvious that Harrison, Peppers and Matthews have never touched a PED. They just love their spinach.

90f0287f9d5e45f75f867fdfbfcaf7204492570c25aad132b687260bcef72988_1.jpg

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It's obvious that Harrison, Peppers and Matthews have never touched a PED. They just love their spinach.

90f0287f9d5e45f75f867fdfbfcaf7204492570c25aad132b687260bcef72988_1.jpg

you could probably say that about most professional athletes

It's not illegal if you don't get caught

oh, and incidentally, I find your reference, however so slightly, that Popeye and PEDs are somehow connected personally insulting :suds:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them failed a drug test and the person that accused them later recanted his statement. Maybe they also like spinach, is there anything wrong with that?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I agree with what Kaepernick did but there is no way the NFL can punish a player for not standing for the National Anthem. That would be impeding on his Constitutional Rights and Kaepernick would have had a huge case against the league. They can talk badly about him for doing this as some have but can't do much more than that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could probably say that about most professional athletes

It's not illegal if you don't get caught
To my knowledge Matthews never failed a drug test.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my knowledge Matthews never failed a drug test.

apparently it doesn't matter in today's age

just get accused of something and you are already guilty before proven innocent

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I agree with what Kaepernick did but there is no way the NFL can punish a player for not standing for the National Anthem. That would be impeding on his Constitutional Rights and Kaepernick would have had a huge case against the league. They can talk badly about him for doing this as some have but can't do much more than that.
How about conduct detrimental to the league which is a part of the CBA.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about conduct detrimental to the league which is a part of the CBA.

This is different though. I just think the league would have the hammer brought down on them if they tried to punish him for trying to make a statement like this. Just a bit different compared to a player like when Big Ben got suspended because of having 2 cases of possibly sexually assaulting someone.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is different though. I just think the league would have the hammer brought down on them if they tried to punish him for trying to make a statement like this. Just a bit different compared to a player like when Big Ben got suspended because of having 2 cases of possibly sexually assaulting someone.
Both were conduct detrimental to the league in my opinion.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they could punish him if they desired. The NBA did it when Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf refused to stand for the national anthem. Just because it's a constitutional right means nothing. Players have a constitutional right to criticize officials, but I guarantee the NFL will fine them if they do.