• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carrol hints 2 injuries might force retirement

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be one of those awkward rebuild/not-rebuild phases where Wilson will drag the team kicking and screaming to 9-7/10-6 while the defense is just mediocre if this apocalypse scenario with Bennett, Avril, and Chancellor along with Sherman's achilles all goes against Seattle which would just kinda suck with how great they have been. Seattle's drafting needs to get on a run.

I think they need to build around Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson.

Wagner had a season that I think deserves DPOY award conversation. I'm really worried about Sherman. He was limited athletically to begin with, and I'm worried if this injury really debilitates him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those two guys retire, IMO that means the Seahawks window has closed. That division is not getting weaker... It's getting stronger.

Avril wasn't much of an impact player (surprisingly) early on this season. My bigger concern is Bennett's serious regression, Avril being gone, Kam being gone, and Sherman not being the player he used to be.

That's -3 of our best players, -4 if Sherman can't recover from his injury.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril wasn't much of an impact player (surprisingly) early on this season. My bigger concern is Bennett's serious regression, Avril being gone, Kam being gone, and Sherman not being the player he used to be.

That's -3 of our best players, -4 if Sherman can't recover from his injury.

That's a huge problem if it's true.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a huge problem if it's true.

Seahawks need to rebuild. I've heard achillies injuries are difficult to recover from. There's rumors that Kam and Avril may never play again. Seeing how the defense has played recently, I think the Hawks need to rebuild.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Earl Thomas...he be gone, too.

He's under contract for one more year. Seems like he wants out, but I think he's still gonna play hard next year for us. If not for us, for his next contract.

Hawks might consider trading him just to get another draft pick. A lot of holes this team may need to fill.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's under contract for one more year. Seems like he wants out, but I think he's still gonna play hard next year for us. If not for us, for his next contract.

Hawks might consider trading him just to get another draft pick. A lot of holes this team may need to fill.

what about a straight up trade...Dez Bryant for Earl Thomas ?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz Green Bay. He has an out if I remember specifically for GB if the job opens up, so he apparently likes the gig there.

Well Green Bay should be very cautious with "buyer beware" cause it's not like the guy has hit on good players that he's signed via free agency and drafting......

Oline is still a shit show
running backs are guys that wouldn't make practice squads
oh and I forgot Blair Walsh......

Plus there is the whole Jimmy Graham thing, lets face it his game finally elevated this year, "contract year"!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas is 30 at the end of his deal next season

I think Seattle would be more than happy to say goodbye....Id bet he wouldnt live up to the huge next contract he signs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deteriorating franchise. May as well go back to the AFC.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see a quick fix for the Hawks given the lack of draft picks and cap situation for 2018. Its more likely they have a similar season next year and come back better in 2019. The NFC West has clearly caught up to them and passed them within a year. Hopefully its like a Steelers situation where they have a couple of down years between championship windows. Possible since they have the QB but they need to draft better then they have the last 3-4 years.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those two guys retire, IMO that means the Seahawks window has closed. That division is not getting weaker... It's getting stronger.

We still have Russ and some dam good pieces on defense.

Tell me again why are window is closing?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have Russ and some dam good pieces on defense.

Tell me again why are window is closing?

Team missed the playoffs this year, if those guys are out they will be tough/impossible to replace, the division is getting stronger not weaker.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deteriorating franchise. May as well go back to the AFC.

Again.

We got Russ, Clark(I'm sure Your QB knows about him), Reed, Wright, Wagner( Who might i remind folks is A DPOY canadiates), Coleman, Griffen( who did a remarkable job at CB).

Will we have a 9-7 year again next. Probably but g8ve us a year.

We WILL BE BACK

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team missed the playoffs this year, if those guys are out they will be tough/impossible to replace, the division is getting stronger not weaker.

They definitely have the most important position in place, and thats a lot of the battle, I personally think Chris Carson will be a really good back in the league, but damn they need an entire Oline, they absolutely need a big play/size at the WR position, and they need to really start finding younger better alternatives on defense, to their aging stars

Because of Wilson, I wouldnt close it completely, but the Rams and Niners are absolutely here to stay, nothing fluky about what those teams are becoming

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the seahawks are coming! next great thing!"

i recall saying I had seen this movie before with a bunch of other teams since 2001.

Would have been interesting to see how it played out if they converted from the 1 yard line against the Pats. Things slowly deteriorated after that.