• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carrol hints 2 injuries might force retirement

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that they would be really bad outside QB... We have more talent at other positions outside QB...
So? That's not a mutually exclusive statement. I didn't say they'd be the 0-16 Lions, did I? Even the Browns have talent. Shit, my team has Justin Houston, Marcus Peters, and Chris Jones and I don't pretend the Chiefs D is any good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? That's not a mutually exclusive statement. I didn't say they'd be the 0-16 Lions, did I? Even the Browns have talent.

You're statement was incorrect... Bobby Wagner is a great player, outside QB... He's a Defensive MVP Candidate this year...

We have a lot of young talent on defense... We won't be as great as we've been but we're still going to be a solid defense..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're statement was incorrect... Bobby Wagner is a great player, outside QB... He's a Defensive MVP Candidate this year...

We have a lot of young talent on defense... We won't be as great as we've been but we're still going to be a solid defense..
If Kam Chancellor is gone along with Bennett and Avril? You might want to rethink this with how recent Seahawks drafts have gone. Not saying it all happens as it obviously hasn't happened yet, but don't kid yourself. if it all does, Seattle has real problems on D.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks need to rebuild.

Sherman is coming back from a nasty injury, Bennett has regressed substantially, Cliff Avril and Kam Chancellor might both be done.

Going to be a really interesting offseason for the Seahawks.
It's going to be one of those awkward rebuild/not-rebuild phases where Wilson will drag the team kicking and screaming to 9-7/10-6 while the defense is just mediocre if this apocalypse scenario with Bennett, Avril, and Chancellor along with Sherman's achilles all goes against Seattle which would just kinda suck with how great they have been. Seattle's drafting needs to get on a run.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What record does Seattle have with an average QB this year?

Not sure how this is controversial. It's definitely not "incorrect" with the information we currently have.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kam Chancellor is gone along with Bennett and Avril? You might want to rethink this with how recent Seahawks drafts have gone. Not saying it all happens as it obviously hasn't happened yet, but don't kid yourself. if it all does, Seattle has real problems on D.

We had a great draft last year... We didn't have Chancellor or Avril for a lot of the season anyways... Bennett had a bad year so what are we going to miss there?

I already expect us to take a step back but not as big of a step back as you're indicating... I think we have some great young talent that will help soften the blow a bit...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a great draft last year... We didn't have Chancellor or Avril for a lot of the season anyways... Bennett had a bad year so what are we going to miss there?

I already expect us to take a step back but not as big of a step back as you're indicating... I think we have some great young talent that will help soften the blow a bit...
I think we have very different interpretations. I guess we will see how it plays out.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those two guys retire, IMO that means the Seahawks window has closed. That division is not getting weaker... It's getting stronger.