• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

People that root for a team they have no affiliation with

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess my wife and I and several thousand other MSU alums here in Atlanta are all 'douchies' beneath contempt. fuck that shit...I'm perfectly happy to share fandom with anybody who...ISN'T A DOUCHE! and anybody who thinks otherwise...IS A DOUCHE!

Well, I can tell with 100% certainty that you're a douche, but it has nothing to do with what team you root for.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it, Brock! :suds:Hate the Jets and their fans. :laugh3:

bunch of fucking rejects

ku-xlarge.gif

nachofum.gif

A4Jg65gCEAE_dS5.jpg-large.jpeg

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Profiling a bad name...

You went to the school. You're exempt.

You didn't know I went to the school until I told you.
Hell, even so, do you believe everything you read here?

:L

your attitude reminds me of the Blackhawks thug who took his last swing of the night at Red Wings hat wearing-me in a Chicago bar two blocks from my house. be careful who you hate on.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I did not. I was born in Cincinnati. I live in Cincinnati. I root for Cincinnati.

Kids these days have no pride in their city. It's a shame.

Not everyone has the privilege to grow up in a city like Cincy and go to a city University like Cincy. Some folks live in rural settings or never attended a college for that matter. I guess if I had a friend sign with another school or go pro with a team across the country I couldn't cheer them on? Geez dude, you need to lighten up.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I did not. I was born in Cincinnati. I live in Cincinnati. I root for Cincinnati.

Kids these days have no pride in their city. It's a shame.

It's damn near impossible to have pride in your city when you live in Milwaukee.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's damn near impossible to have pride in your city when you live in Milwaukee.

damn...that sucks to hear.
I have nothing but wonderful (albeit way hazy) memories of endless 10¢ shells of beer at countless dirty little blue collar bars...and stumbling through several Summerfests.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I like Milwaukee a lot. I moved here. Brewers have been in the playoffs a couple times recently, and at least make an effort to put a real team on the field, and fans have rewarded it with great attendance. The Bucks have been mediocre or bad for years, but back in the 80s they won the division every year and fell to Bird or Dr J every year, so no titles since the 70s. I feel they're on the right course right now. UW Milwaukee (in the tourney) and Marquette (in the tourney every year until this one recently) round out a good number of entertainment options. I lived in Green Bay for a while, and yeah it's nice to root for a great franchise that wins championships...but at the end of the day, you're in Green Bay.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 1997. They won the national championship. In the 17 years since I've been as big of an Arizona fan as anyone.

Incidentally, I ended up doing some graduate work for my Masters at the U of A.

There are many ways to become a fan of a team. Who cares how it happens.

Other than Villanova teams, that's my favorite college team of all time. There will never be a better backcourt than that team had.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rule: if you want to claim you are a fan, you need to know something about your team... You need to be able to hold a basic conversation about your team- and have some thoughts of your own about your team(not just what is spit out from the media)... You should definitely know more than half of your teams players, or at least the more important ones...

As long as you pass this simple fan-test i dont care who you are a fan of, or how many teams you claim you are a fan of...

But there is a difference between rooting for a team and being a fan of that team... March madness is all about rooting for a team, many people who watch dont consider themselves fans of any particular team...

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I like Milwaukee a lot. I moved here. Brewers have been in the playoffs a couple times recently, and at least make an effort to put a real team on the field, and fans have rewarded it with great attendance. The Bucks have been mediocre or bad for years, but back in the 80s they won the division every year and fell to Bird or Dr J every year, so no titles since the 70s. I feel they're on the right course right now. UW Milwaukee (in the tourney) and Marquette (in the tourney every year until this one recently) round out a good number of entertainment options. I lived in Green Bay for a while, and yeah it's nice to root for a great franchise that wins championships...but at the end of the day, you're in Green Bay.

Summerfest and Brewer tailgates are cool, that's about it. The city is a dump.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rule: if you want to claim you are a fan, you need to know something about your team... You need to be able to hold a basic conversation about your team- and have some thoughts of your own about your team(not just what is spit out from the media)... You should definitely know more than half of your teams players, or at least the more important ones...

As long as you pass this simple fan-test i dont care who you are a fan of, or how many teams you claim you are a fan of...

But there is a difference between rooting for a team and being a fan of that team... March madness is all about rooting for a team, many people who watch dont consider themselves fans of any particular team...

:agree: I have been a fan of UVA since the late 70s, but don't ask me about any BB players since Brian Stith. I don't watch BB, so IDK any players. When tournament time comes around i am rooting for UVA.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not where I live, just off Lake Michigan, great neighborhood, moved here on purpose when I could have moved anywhere in the country, and I've travelled a lot over the years. Summerfest straight-up sucks unless you're a 21 year old lunkhead or aging boomer. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and I'll bet that "Milwaukee WI" under your name actually means you're a high schooler in Waukesha or some other lame 'burb, if you even live in the Milwaukee area at all.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my good buddies is a PSU football fan
HOWEVER
He roots for Pitt basketball

THAT IS A BIG NO NO

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I have been a fan of UVA since the late 70s, but don't ask me about any BB players since Brian Stith. I don't watch BB, so IDK any players. When tournament time comes around i am rooting for UVA.

Should have read "I have been a fan of UVA Sports"

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my good buddies is a PSU football fan
HOWEVER
He roots for Pitt basketball

THAT IS A BIG NO NO

:behindsofa: An exception should be allowed in this case. For real...PSU bball?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.E. - You didn't attend that school. You weren't born and raised in their vicinity. Your children do not attend that school.

You people....that's right YOU PEOPLE...you irk me to no end.

This applies to pro sports as well.

With the way television and internet works, you don't need to live anywhere near a team to follow them closely. Sorry I irk you, but I guarantee you I care more about my team than a lot of people that attended the school or were born and raised in that area, or who were parents of a student.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always been a big fan of Milwaukee. Probably because I only go there for Brewers games/tailgating, Summerfest and brewery tours. The city will get you fucked up on the cheap and give you cheese options. No complaints here.