• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

People that root for a team they have no affiliation with

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.E. - You didn't attend that school. You weren't born and raised in their vicinity. Your children do not attend that school.

You people....that's right YOU PEOPLE...you irk me to no end.

This applies to pro sports as well.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

Also you're an idiot.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

Also you're an idiot.

How will I ever go on knowing that you think I'm an idiot? Oh no!!! Woe is me! Woe is me!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the problem with it.. So just because I was born and raised on Long Island I AUTOMATICALLY should root for all teams around the area?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the problem with it.. So just because I was born and raised on Long Island I AUTOMATICALLY should root for all teams around the area?

Yes. Yes you should.

You shouldn't root for a team because you like their sneaker color. Ooooh, I liked baby blue in high school (which is queer for a male) so I like UNC!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Yes you should.

You shouldn't root for a team because you like their sneaker color. Ooooh, I liked baby blue in high school (which is queer for a male) so I like UNC!

I'm sorry, I don't agree with that at all. I like 2 NY teams, Mets and Rangers. The rest, I can't stand and will never root for them.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.E. - You didn't attend that school. You weren't born and raised in their vicinity. Your children do not attend that school.

Heh, heh.

That's sorta me. I didn't go to Nova. The thing is ... I started watching college basketball when I was still a kid and Nova got some of the high school kids in my area, so I started watching them.

Later, I actually went to school at a Pac-10 school. They're OK. They make the tournament every now and then. They're good for about a few wins a decade in the tourney. It just never stuck. To be honest, I didn't even really root for them when I was actually there. :whistle:One year, they drew Nova in the tourney and I rooted against them.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, heh.

That's sorta me. I didn't go to Nova. The thing is ... I started watching college basketball when I was still a kid and Nova got some of the high school kids in my area, so I started watching them.

Later, I actually went to school at a Pac-10 school. They're OK. They make the tournament every now and then. They're good for about a few wins a decade in the tourney. It just never stuck. To be honest, I didn't even really root for them when I was actually there. :whistle:One year, they drew Nova in the tourney and I rooted against them.

Nova got some of your HS kids = acceptable in my book.

Rooting against your own school? That's hard core. Did you have the balls to do this amongst your frat buddies?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people you dont know on the internet rooting for a team that they enjoy irks you?

That is so stupid. Who gives a fuck?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people you dont know on the internet rooting for a team that they enjoy irks you?

That is so stupid. Who gives a fuck?

Because I was born in Cincinnati and I'm jealous.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummmmm....that would be me. Never attended college period.

So I guess I'm not allowed to root for a college team...unless what....that college is in my county of residence?

Did you attend a college?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh look, this again

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova got some of your HS kids = acceptable in my book.

Rooting against your own school? That's hard core. Did you have the balls to do this amongst your frat buddies?

I wasn't in a fraternity.

Someone actually had a party when my school played Nova in a 2nd round game that year. I was cheering for Nova and some girl told me, "You stink..." Haha. Anyway, my alma mater won that game, and that hint should give you some idea of who it is.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I was born in Cincinnati and I'm jealous.

No reason for your misery to infect the rest of the fans that post here.

Merica, root for whoever the hell you want.

No need to be a dictator on other people's rooting interest.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone actually had a party when my school played Nova in a 2nd round game that year. I was cheering for Nova and some girl told me, "You stink..." Haha. Anyway, my alma mater won that game, and that hint should give you some idea of who it is.

the real question is if anyone cares enough to figure it out

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll paint you a picture, then not give a shit whether or not I still "irk" you, as you say.

1) Growing up in NH there is one major college basketball team in the vicinity. That college basketball team is Boston College. My mom attended Boston University (Hockey school, not a major bball program, and huge rival of BC).

2) My dad attended Colgate (another Hockey school with a terrible basketball team)

3) I saw Damon Stoudamire play as a frosh at Arizona when I was 7. I was also a little lefty point guard and loved Mighty Mouse. I have been a diehard Arizona fan since. I could have attended Kentucky, UNC, Indiana and it wouldn't have changed my allegiance one iota. I happened to go to Colgate too, making it very easy on me.

You try living in NH and following Arizona, then tell me I have no business being a fan of that school. I tell you I am a bigger Arizona fan that I am a Sox or Celts fan, and believe me I am also a diehard for those two teams as I grew up 40 minutes from Fenway/the Garden.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to be honest I don't want to think hard enough to make an intelligent guess. I would imagine we are talking UW, but it could be WSU too...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March madness is a totally different animal than pro-sports... everyone is a bandwagoner... But thats the fun of march madness... With teams constantly changing, and with so many games being televised, we will like the teams that we like watching...

As for pro teams, there are 7 different type of fans

1. The I rooted for this team as a kid, now i am loyal to them...
2. The I was always a fan of a local team
3. The I rooted for a different team as a kid, but with age i became a fan of this team..
4. The I Dont have one team i root for, i just like the game
5. I am not a big fan of the sport, so i will only like the teams that are good for a long time.
6. I like rooting for the underdog, even if i have no alliegence to them
7. Fan of the local team only if the local team is good..