• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 16 (Jan 18 - Jan 24)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure a system in which Perron or Hornqvist is left out is a good idea. Those two are their best two wingers on the pp. I'd leave Kunitz out before one of those two.

And I'd leave Sutter out before Kunitz. I think it might work to have Sutter take the draw, then, win or lose, change out for the winger.

The system I'd want to run requires at least one forward to be left-handed.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people like Erhoff? What's he good for? 5 goals 20 assists....big deal. Despres will give you that and cost like 1/4th as much

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would ask the same question why you don't like him, scouty.

He's good in his own zone, has some offensive skills, is willing to be physical, can play a lot of minutes, not sure what there is not to like about. Not that he is perfect, but I can't see a reason to dislike him in any way.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an good interview with Mike Colligan today on the radio, said that when Johnston came in he simplified the breakout, and emphasized puck support, and short quick passing.

Said that the league is starting to figure out the breakout, and that HCMJ needs to adjust his tactics.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel like getting a little chuckle out of the aftermath of last night's debacle, take a look at what is being written on the other side of the state about, "those dastardly dirty Penguins".

Pennsylvania'''s most violent NHL team is not from Philadelphia - Broad Street Hockey

^^He equates penalty stats from previous seasons and past transgressions of former Pens like Neal, Asham, Cooke, etc., and somehow tries take those past seasons/dirty plays and says that because of dirty plays from years gone by this somehow makes this Penguins team the dirtier team compared to Philthadelphia.

He also says the Pens were dressing three goons last night compared to the Flyers one. I guess maybe clownshoes doesn't realize the only reason Farnham and Sill are lineup worthy right now is because the Pens are dealing with injuries to Hornqvist and Comeau.

Oh well. I guess he is just excited that the fanbase probably witnessed the high water mark of the Philly 2014/15 season.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have excuses…

"The puck didn't bounce our way"

Watch for that during the post game interviews.

Maybe if they didn't complain for a minute every time they got thrown out of the faceoff circle they would better be able to concentrate. I've never seen such a bunch of whiners. This team has WAY too much talent to play like they've been playing.
They also need to upgrade the D line but that seems to be the case every year. Maybe it's time to trade Malkin or Crosby for a Kings ransom and build a more balanced, less top heavy team.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if they didn't complain for a minute every time they got thrown out of the faceoff circle they would better be able to concentrate. I've never seen such a bunch of whiners. This team has WAY too much talent to play like they've been playing.
They also need to upgrade the D line but that seems to be the case every year. Maybe it's time to trade Malkin or Crosby for a Kings ransom and build a more balanced, less top heavy team.

What are posts from 2008?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you feel like getting a little chuckle out of the aftermath of last night's debacle, take a look at what is being written on the other side of the state about, "those dastardly dirty Penguins".

Pennsylvania'''s most violent NHL team is not from Philadelphia - Broad Street Hockey

^^He equates penalty stats from previous seasons and past transgressions of former Pens like Neal, Asham, Cooke, etc., and somehow tries take those past seasons/dirty plays and says that because of dirty plays from years gone by this somehow makes this Penguins team the dirtier team compared to Philthadelphia.

He also says the Pens were dressing three goons last night compared to the Flyers one. I guess maybe clownshoes doesn't realize the only reason Farnham and Sill are lineup worthy right now is because the Pens are dealing with injuries to Hornqvist and Comeau.

Oh well. I guess he is just excited that the fanbase probably witnessed the high water mark of the Philly 2014/15 season.

:L

Same lame argument the flyers fans were using the gameday thread, PIMs have no bearing on dirty play.

The same people were using Sill as an example of the Penguins employing goons, which is laughable to anyone who has watched Sill play at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last powerplay looked pretty good. Getting pucks to the net, Crawford made some save on that Perron one-timer.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcabello and Goc look good together, Pouliot looks real good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, I haven't seen him tonight. Has he looked better?

I missed the first period and half of the second.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always forget how awesome Hossa is, can't steal the puck from the guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's barely playing, haven't seen much to tell.

Yeah, I don't think Johnston has a whole lot of confidence in him. Which makes sense, given that he's been a bit of a turnover machine his last few games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouliot looks really calm in the few shifts I've seen. Even when he mishandles the puck or gets caught a little out of position, he's just calmly correcting it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouliot looks really calm in the few shifts I've seen. Even when he mishandles the puck or gets caught a little out of position, he's just calmly correcting it.

Agreed, he looks good with the puck. I've been more impressed with his defensive zone play, he looked physically overmatched (or shell shocked) last time he was up, much better this time around so far.