• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Patriots vs Eagles: Who ya got?

Patriots vs Eagles: Who ya got?

• Patriots win in a blow out

• Patriots win in a close game, late

• Eagles win in a blow out

• Eagles win in a close game, late

• Let's all sing a gay song about birds and eat potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the "bend but dont break" thing. they have had more years like this than not, and have won like this a few times. bill never emphasizes a pass rush. shit, be barely blitzes ever.
Correct. NE plays soft trying not to give up big plays early and giving up 3s instead of 7. If they fall behind they take more chances and start blitzing and changing up coverages.

It's all about the odds. It's what Bill and Ernie bank on. It takes 3 FGs to overcome one TD.

Last edited:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 7 Patriot superbowls have been close affairs - all of em.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about this Eagles team makes me think they are going to win this 24-21. Pedersen has this team clicking and they have been playing better each and every week. Foles is now playing like it's his 2013 season. The key for the Eagles if they win this is to control the clock, which they have been in both playoff games. They need to keep Brady off the field as much as possible (see the Giants SB success vs Pats). We have a defense that can make Brady uncomfortable. That being said, nobody gets the ball out quicker than Brady. Still going with the Birds here.
This is the same game plan used for the past 18 years. Many have tried. Few have been succesful.

Good luck should be another thrilling game. One that takes more years off my life.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a close game.
For those who were not watching lately the Pats haven't been winning in blowouts.
The Patriots in a fourth quarter drive to win the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware NE had haters........
Most won't admit it like the captian of the NE hater cheerleader squad aka @DirtDirtDirt

He took over when hammer sold. Expect him to disappear again this year around 5 Feb.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most won't admit it like the captian of the NE hater cheerleader squad aka @DirtDirtDirt

He took over when hammer sold. Expect him to disappear again this year around 5 Feb.

Gee I hope not, Cause Rock and I already have a bet on the game, prison style where winner gets Dirt as a bitch for the season....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles blew his wad on Sunday. He ain't having another game like that in his life. Unless Philly can win the TO battle by 2+ this won't be close.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee I hope not, Cause Rock and I already have a bet on the game, prison style where winner gets Dirt as a bitch for the season....
Not to worry, he's like herpes. He'll be back.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles blew his wad on Sunday. He ain't having another game like that in his life. Unless Philly can win the TO battle by 2+ this won't be close.
As each day passes Foles schpinter will continue to tighten. Come the 3rd and 4th qtr of the SB you won't be able to pound a lubricated tooth pick in there with a 10lb sledge.

Good luck Eagles

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in the thread that started last night, Philadelphia has no chance to win the game but they should be proud of what they've accomplished this year (even though their fans will riot in the streets if they lose, whether in a close game or in a blowout, and wish they had never made it even though it was an incredible job by them to get this far).

This is the pats' victory lap after all their other championships. Last year was the "climax" where they had to battle back from an enormous deficit against a great team to clinch being the "GOAT"s of everything, and this year is their last, fun, and way-too-easy ride to another one.

The eagles, like it or not, are the team that gets to be along for that ride. If the pats screw around early they could have a lead or even make it a close game into the fourth. If that happens it will just make Lord Brady's final SB win that much more special, since if you think Foles will beat Brady (or Pederson/Belichick) in a close SB you are kidding yourself. Otherwise...pats by 14+

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many pass interference calls go against Philly.

Reactions: Yam

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll be fine, see when the Eagles get 1st and goal on the Pat's goal line they'll run the ball in instead passing!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this in the thread that started last night, Philadelphia has no chance to win the game but they should be proud of what they've accomplished this year (even though their fans will riot in the streets if they lose, whether in a close game or in a blowout, and wish they had never made it even though it was an incredible job by them to get this far).

This is the pats' victory lap after all their other championships. Last year was the "climax" where they had to battle back from an enormous deficit against a great team to clinch being the "GOAT"s of everything, and this year is their last, fun, and way-too-easy ride to another one.

The eagles, like it or not, are the team that gets to be along for that ride. If the pats screw around early they could have a lead or even make it a close game into the fourth. If that happens it will just make Lord Brady's final SB win that much more special, since if you think Foles will beat Brady (or Pederson/Belichick) in a close SB you are kidding yourself. Otherwise...pats by 14+
They'll riot win or lose, these are the Eagles fans we're talking about. Women and children please avoid the streets.:brick::fish::crutch:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many pass interference calls go against Philly.
It will likely depend on how many times they interfere with the NE receivers. I'd set the o/u at 4.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about this Eagles team makes me think they are going to win this 24-21

That would be a trip, because, that was the same final score back in SB 39, when the Pats beat the *Eagles.
(* 2005...the last time they made it to a SB )...ironically, the Eagles beat the same 2 teams in the playoffs that year to reach the SB. (Vikes & Falcons)

Last edited:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could go either way - Pats in a close shave 24-20