• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots trade WR Cooks to Rams for 23rd overall pick

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna bet PFF is one of the only defenders of Goff's deep ball from last year. (I thought Kinsley was rather kind at that)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So unless I am missing something

Edelman (off an ACL tear)
Hogan
Britt
Mitchell
Dorsett
Patterson

Not a very good group of WR's right now. TBF Patterson I presume is there more for KR's than anything.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were all playing together for the first time in a completely new offense, with a rookie being one. Not bad, indeed!
Oh joy, and Cooks will be new in that offense too if we're continuing down this line of thought. Right in time to be paid 18M.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh joy, and Cooks will be new in that offense too if we're continuing down this line of thought. Right in time to be paid 18M.

Difference is, it will be an established system in place. Goff, Kupp and Woods will have another year of experience in the system. Not to mention, like I mentioned earlier Goff and Cooks having been working together this offseason, which didn't happen with Watkins and Goff. Hell Watkins was traded in the middle of August, missing a lot of offseason work.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, it will be an established system in place. Goff, Kupp and Woods will have another year of experience in the system. Not to mention, like I mentioned earlier Goff and Cooks having been working together this offseason, which didn't happen with Watkins and Goff. Hell Watkins was traded in the middle of August, missing a lot of offseason work.
The issue remains is Goff just not very good throwing downfield, or not, regardless of anything else. That's an open question. Or does he improve? The WR's certainly were not the problem and you know that. We're just getting into a pissing contest on what interpretation we prefer on deep ball/downfield accuracy.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of PFF- there will not be many defending Goff’s deep ball.

Wentz wasn’t great going deep last year but I’d have no issue with the Eagles bringing in more deep threats. Not sure if the situation is similar with Goff but ability is not a question with Wentz.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz wasn’t great going deep last year but I’d have no issue with the Eagles bringing in more deep threats. Not sure if the situation is similar with Goff but ability is not a question with Wentz.
Yeah, but you aren't dumping one (Watkins) for another (Cooks) while giving up major draft assets and then turning around to pay Cooks 18M + very soon. Eagles have been much more clinical about this than the Rams have been; though Woods and Kupp has been a nice refurbishing job on its own. As far as the actual offense at the macro level, both will be very good, and some may even say who cares.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks will be extended, book it. Goff and Cooks have been working together this offseason and share the same agent.
I wouldn't be so sure. The Rams will have some tough decisions coming up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you aren't dumping one (Watkins) for another (Cooks) while giving up major draft assets and then turning around to pay Cooks 18M + very soon. Eagles have been much more clinical about this than the Rams have been; though Woods and Kupp has been a nice refurbishing job on its own. As far as the actual offense at the macro level, both will be very good, and some may even say who cares.
The Eagles didn't spend a bajillion dollars on Torrey Smith for example. You know who they got? Jeffrey, the guy with some of the least amount of separation in the NFL. Better fit for Wentz as he can take advantage of Jeffrey's 50/50 skillset. That's understanding what your QB isn't good at and what he is good at.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks will be extended....there just isn't much point in spending a first rounder if that isn't your intention.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks will be extended....there just isn't much point in spending a first rounder if that isn't your intention.
You would think so, but they also let go of Watkins after it was pretty easy to anticipate it may not be the most productive pairing year 1 given the timing of the trade and new offense. Gotta ask what the deal was with Richardson in Seattle given the deal he got while we're at this.