• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots trade WR Cooks to Rams for 23rd overall pick

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even the college numbers show who should be their starter…waiting for mannion's last year with that stupid club to be over so he can show his arm, accuracy and heart.

thanks for playin yo-yo.
Thank you for your opinion.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what he Patriots are up to.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with the Pats it is always tough to tell how good the unit really is or just how dominant Brady is. He has had an assortment of weapons and seems to find success with all of them.

I do think they still have a very good offense but I will say I think they are not what they were last year. An injury to Gronk or Edelman and this offense could really struggle. Also depends some on how the new starters on the OL pan out.
Well most people I know Pats fans and non fans feel Gronk is the best TE in the game, Edelman is the best or one of the best Slot receivers in the game, Hogan is a quality number 2 receiver who runs well after the catch. I do feel we lack a legit number 1 but when you couple this with quality pass catching RBs I think we are a pretty decent squad.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Makes up for letting Jimmy G go for a 2. Also makes the Rams only a 1 or 2 year dynasty and then falling off the map after that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that. You may sign Cooks but you won't be resigning all your young studs who are all coming due their big pay days. Cooks should do well in the Rams system. His price is going up as we speak and well deserved.

We'll see how it goes. Decisions will have to be made here and there. Some other guys will likely be let go to re-sign the key players, but they have a few years to do most of this. There are guys that will be trimmed as needed that barely survived this offseason (Austin, Barron) to create cap space next year (already a big number), and I don't know that Suh is really expected to be a long term acquisition. He may just be that one year deal, unless he decides he WANTS to stay for less. Rams don't have a lot of long term contracts on the books, so a lot of shifting will be done.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also makes the Rams only a 1 or 2 year dynasty and then falling off the map after that.

Wishful thinking I think. Rams are still a very young team, but will have decisions to make with the next round of contracts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishful thinking I think. Rams are still a very young team, but will have decisions to make with the next round of contracts.
Lots and lots of decisions. Come 2020 that team will not look anything like they do today. Too many players will need/want to get paid. Plus a lot of contracts are back-loaded. Rams will want to negotiate those contracts a year before they come due. If you allow them to reach free agency the Rams will be priced out by other needy teams.

It's going to be interesting to see who the front office keeps, who they let go (Suh/Talib) and who they lose to FA. Austin is costing them a fortune starting next season thru 2021. Donald, Easley, Peters all coming due. Lots of mid tier guys coming due in 18 and 19. Pay all those starters big $ than you run into the problem Seattle had/has. Limited depth especially when injuries start to add up.

Goff, Gurley enough said.

One thing we know the Rams will be in the news for the next few years. After that time will tell.

Go Rams while you can. I'm with you.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots and lots of decisions. Come 2020 that team will not look anything like they do today. Too many players will need/want to get paid. Plus a lot of contracts are back-loaded. Rams will want to negotiate those contracts a year before they come due. If you allow them to reach free agency the Rams will be priced out by other needy teams.

It's going to be interesting to see who the front office keeps, who they let go (Suh/Talib) and who they lose to FA. Austin is costing them a fortune starting next season thru 2021. Donald, Easley, Peters all coming due. Lots of mid tier guys coming due in 18 and 19. Pay all those starters big $ than you run into the problem Seattle had/has. Limited depth especially when injuries start to add up.

One thing we know the Rams will be in the news for the next few years. After that time will tell.

Well we have a few things going for us,

1. Big cap room 97 million in 2019 and 150 million in 2020
2. LA
3. New Stadium in 2020
4. Media Attention

Talib will be back next year at 8 million, Whitworth at 10.5, Brockers at 7.77

Withworth I can easily see helping out the team money wise, renegotiate his contract.

Austin renegotiated and now is on one year deal.

Peters 5th year option will be picked up for next season, so will Gurley's at around 9.5 million each.

Goff's 5th option will be picked up for 2020.

Now these core guys Goff, Gurley, Talib, Peters, Whitworth, Brockers will be back next year at 52.5 million assuming nobody renegotiates a new contract.

Which leaves Suh, Joyner, and Donald, among a few second tier players. Suh is most likely candidate to leave, money is the biggest factor to him. He doesn't give discounts. So he is one year player. Franchise tag for Donald would be around 20 million, if it comes to that. Joyner will most likely sign an extension, everyone is seeing how much safeties are worth now. So for some reason the Rams can't extend any of these 3 main guys, they will franchise Donald, let Suh walk and place transition tag on Joyner. Which they will have the cap space to do.

So we can stop with the Rams apocalypse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have a few things going for us,

1. Big cap room 97 million in 2019 and 150 million in 2020
2. LA
3. New Stadium in 2020
4. Media Attention

Talib will be back next year at 8 million, Whitworth at 10.5, Brockers at 7.77

Withworth I can easily see helping out the team money wise, renegotiate his contract.

Austin renegotiated and now is on one year deal.

Peters 5th year option will be picked up for next season, so will Gurley's at around 9.5 million each.

Goff's 5th option will be picked up for 2020.

Now these core guys Goff, Gurley, Talib, Peters, Whitworth, Brockers will be back next year at 52.5 million assuming nobody renegotiates a new contract.

Which leaves Suh, Joyner, and Donald, among a few second tier players. Suh is most likely candidate to leave, money is the biggest factor to him. He doesn't give discounts. So he is one year player. Franchise tag for Donald would be around 20 million, if it comes to that. Joyner will most likely sign an extension, everyone is seeing how much safeties are worth now. So for some reason the Rams can't extend any of these 3 main guys, they will franchise Donald, let Suh walk and place transition tag on Joyner. Which they will have the cap space to do.

So we can stop with the Rams apocalypse.
Sounds just like the 12s circa 2013. Enjoy

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Austin is gone after this season; he renegotiated to a one year deal to stay. Easley just re-signed this winter and isn't a priority. Not sure where you're seeing all these backloaded contracts either:

Los Angeles Rams Contracts

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is gone after this season; he renegotiated to a one year deal to stay. Easley just re-signed this winter and isn't a priority. Not sure where you're seeing all these backloaded contracts either:

Los Angeles Rams Contracts
I looked at Sportstrac yesterday and it showed Austins old contract which was severly backloaded:scratch:
Gurley goes from $4M+ to $9M+ next season. The entire o-line are FAs next year.

Your FO has a lot of work ahead of them. You don't have to agree niether did a lot of the 12s. Good luck bringing all those studs back.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at Sportstrac yesterday and it showed Austins old contract which was severly backloaded:scratch:

Your FO has a lot of work ahead of them. You don't have to agree niether did a lot of the 12s. Good luck bringing all those studs back.

I already broke it down for you, Austin is on the hook for 5 million for this year, with a chance at 3 million more incentives and that is it. Tavon Austin signed a 1 year, $5,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including $5,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,000,000. In 2018, Austin will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,000,000 and a dead cap value of $5,000,000.

Tavon Austin

Whitworth is not a free agent next year, and neither is Sullivan.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already broke it down for you, Austin is on the hook for 5 million for this year, with a chance at 3 million more incentives and that is it. Tavon Austin signed a 1 year, $5,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including $5,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,000,000. In 2018, Austin will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,000,000 and a dead cap value of $5,000,000.

Tavon Austin

Whitworth is not a free agent next year, and neither is Sullivan.
Awfully angry. Go get a Snickers. Maybe you're more worried then you're letting on? Otherwise not sure why you're getting so defensive. I said TAs contract I looked at was last years. Not the new contract. Everything else I've stated is factual and will come to fruition. Feel free to hit me up again come 2020 if I'm wrong.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully angry. Go get a Snickers. Maybe you're more worried then you're letting on? Otherwise not sure why you're getting so defensive. I said TAs contract I looked at was last years. Not the new contract. Everything else I've stated is factual and will come to fruition. Feel free to hit me up again come 2020 if I'm wrong.

Well, I am sorry if I came off as angry. Right now, I don't know how any Ram fan can be worried. This has been the most fun offseason in a long time. You have to be excited at the potential, sure they can flame out, but they can also being really great and they were really good last year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am sorry if I came off as angry. Right now, I don't know how any Ram fan can be worried. This has been the most fun offseason in a long time. You have to be excited at the potential, sure they can flame out, but they can also being really great and they were really good last year.
Without a doubt. They had a good season last year just fell a little short. If I were a Ram fan I would be super excited. Kick that NFCW ass. I'd love to see Rams, AZ,SF and Sea finish in that order. But today I'd have to reverse my AZ and SF picks.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why worry about the 2019 season? Let's go year by year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incremental improvement: Kayvon Webster was cut yesterday, now only a 500K cap hit this year. With all of the CB additions this offseason and his injury, this was bound to happen. Each year upcoming, some contracts come up that may or may not be re-signed out of design. Even this year, Barron was on the edge of being cut (but they moved Ogletree instead). Both are kind of out of place as 3-4 inside LBs.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because that's the way the discussion went. Feel free to add anything of importance.
Okay I will add something of importance. Let us worry about the upcoming 2018 season, before we freak out on the 2019 season.