• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers and Dolphins Blockbuster Trade

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You be patient and good things fall your way

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal.

kbso of course we weren't pissed when Griffin went 70 yards or a couple of other games. Sometimes I think others think some of us hate certain players. Not true, if Dan could go 70 yards for a TD I would cheer too. I cautioned when things were going well "this is great while he learns to play like a REAL NFL QB. He never did, we were right. Shanahan caught the league by surprise and no one knew how to defend him that first year. Don't forget Cousins led the team to tie Baltimore and OT when they were down with Griffin until he got hurt and Cousin's was QB when they beat Cleveland so in my record books it was Griffin 8-6 and Cousin's 2-0. :D

Maybe if Shanahan puts Cousin's in that playoff game the Skins might have held on. Griffin got it started fast and helped the team to an early lead. Griffin was useless as boobs on a bull after he hurt his knee the first time and sadly got hurt worse trying to play hero ball. IMO that is on Shanahan.
I agree with all of that, but please don't dismiss that we were up 10-0 on Seattle and driving in a playoff game when RG3 blew his knee out.

At the end of the day Snyder and his dad ruined RG3. If Griffen and Snyder would have let Shanahan, McVay, and Matt do their thing, Griffen would have had a great career.

I blame Griffen for getting a big head and I blame Snyder even more for not backing Mike when Mike needed him most. But don't sit here and act like RG3 wasn't a top 5 player in the league in 2012 and the city wasn't on fire. Jmo

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that, but please don't dismiss that we were up 10-0 on Seattle and driving in a playoff game when RG3 blew his knee out.

At the end of the day Snyder and his dad ruined RG3. If Griffen and Snyder would have let Shanahan, McVay, and Matt do their thing, Griffen would have had a great career.

I blame Griffen for getting a big head and I blame Snyder even more for not backing Mike when Mike needed him most. But don't sit here and act like RG3 wasn't a top 5 player in the league in 2012 and the city wasn't on fire. Jmo
If you read my post I said Griffin staked them to a lead early before he hurt his knee the first time and if Shanahan had watched him play one series after that and pulled him they might have won and Griffin might not seriously blow his knee up later in the game.

I disagree about Griffen becoming a great player. He isn't now and never will be. He also couldn't protect himself and was continuously hurt. But this is why we have forums .... you believe what you do and I have my opinion.

Remember when Brees got that shoulder injury in SD and some thought he wouldn't ever play again or play effectively that was obviously not true .... Griffin could have had the same chance if he was good enough. I so agree that Snyder screwed that entire thing up between Griffin and Shanahan but that is what the dumb ass does. Griffin was not top 5. Probably in the eyes of a lot of Washingtonians who did not see the flaws. Double digit QBs threw more TDs.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read my post I said Griffin staked them to a lead early before he hurt his knee the first time and if Shanahan had watched him play one series after that and pulled him they might have won and Griffin might not seriously blow his knee up later in the game.

I disagree about Griffen becoming a great player. He isn't now and never will be. He also couldn't protect himself and was continuously hurt. But this is why we have forums .... you believe what you do and I have my opinion.

Remember when Brees got that shoulder injury in SD and some thought he wouldn't ever play again or play effectively that was obviously not true .... Griffin could have had the same chance if he was good enough. I so agree that Snyder screwed that entire thing up between Griffin and Shanahan but that is what the dumb ass does. Griffin was not top 5. Probably in the eyes of a lot of Washingtonians who did not see the flaws. Double digit QBs threw more TDs.
I read it sportster. It just felt like a throw away line more than an acknowledgement. RG3 had the best statistical rookie season ever at the time. Time did prove you, skinsdad and Shark right. From what you guys tell me you were against the trade and I take your word for it. All im saying is trading up for a QB can hit too. Just ask the Chiefs.

We are not in position to trade up this year, but we need to be prepared to do so in the future to get a guy that can win us a SB. I don't see us picking top 5 under Ron. That's all im saying.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fins are happy with Tua at QB. I was hoping they would go after Watson.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a dicussion with my buddies during our fantasy baseball draft. The consensus was that with the moves the redskins made prior to the draft was that we really can't fuck 19th pick up. We can do many things. Draft best OT there. Draft best MLB there. Draft best TE there. Trade a few spots down and pick up a good value pick and get a high day 2 pick and pounce on day 2.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta will almost certainly trade back now as there will be lots of interest in the 4th pick. My guess would be with Carolina or Denver though . We are supposedly really high on Sewell, Pitts, Chase and Parsons so I don't see us trading to 19. If we stay at 4 it'll be for Sewell but I could also see is swapping with Cincy for their 2 so they can take Sewell then trading back again to 8 or 9 trying to optimize picks.
Very serious question, do you think that there's a chance in hell that your team will trade with a division rival (Carolina) possibly giving them the weapon to beat your team regularly?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very serious question, do you think that there's a chance in hell that your team will trade with a division rival (Carolina) possibly giving them the weapon to beat your team regularly?
Yep. If it means taking multiple 1s from them or more all so they can draft the 4th best QB in the draft I say why not. Carolina is a lot more than a QB away anyway

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get a straight report on him, one site says he's a mature decision maker with a rocket arm
another says he is inaccurate with a poor arm, and just surrounded by talent.
i'm not sure I can see him as the leader of this team and what comes with it.
I'm really high on Trask if we could snag him in the 2nd
I've actually watched him play and the game that I remember most vividly was against Oklahoma because I follow them. I remember thinking that this guy needs a lot of work and a shower because he stunk as a QB. I thought that he might have been high or at best experiencing that feeling that you get trying to wake-up while walking to the bathroom. He was terrible on off-scripted plays and got rattled with blitzes. He's not a big progression guy and seemed locked into one of two targets whenever he dropped back. Reminds me a lot of Tim Tebow if that helps but wayyyy slower! Perhaps he's had some leg or knee issues but that's just me guessing based upon what looked like him limping. BTW; if you want to get your receivers killed because of a slow delivery or indecisiveness, this could be your guy.

It was just one game and maybe he had a bad day at the office, but if first impressions mean anything, I caution about being too high on this guy. He is definitely a long term project. Hope that helps!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If it means taking multiple 1s from them or more all so they can draft the 4th best QB in the draft I say why not. Carolina is a lot more than a QB away anyway
Wow, thanks!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thanks!
We are beyond fucked roster wise and cap wise for next year. We legit have 19 guys inked for 22 with only 50M in cap lol. We can't afford to be picky on adding draft picks.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are beyond fucked roster wise and cap wise for next year. We legit have 19 guys inked for 22 with only 50M in cap lol. We can't afford to be picky on adding draft picks.
I get it man, but that's pretty risky business especially if the guy that they take turns out to be legit and your team flounders or is merely competitively mediocre. Anyway, Good luck to you and your guys in the upcoming draft, I agree with you that they are almost a lock to trade out of that 4 spot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it man, but that's pretty risky business especially if the guy that they take turns out to be legit and your team flounders or is merely competitively mediocre. Anyway, Good luck to you and your guys in the upcoming draft, I agree with you that they are almost a lock to trade out of that 4 spot.
My guess is we try to go to 9 not 8 for the reason you said but ultimately it'll depend on the offer

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually watched him play and the game that I remember most vividly was against Oklahoma because I follow them. I remember thinking that this guy needs a lot of work and a shower because he stunk as a QB. I thought that he might have been high or at best experiencing that feeling that you get trying to wake-up while walking to the bathroom. He was terrible on off-scripted plays and got rattled with blitzes. He's not a big progression guy and seemed locked into one of two targets whenever he dropped back. Reminds me a lot of Tim Tebow if that helps but wayyyy slower! Perhaps he's had some leg or knee issues but that's just me guessing based upon what looked like him limping. BTW; if you want to get your receivers killed because of a slow delivery or indecisiveness, this could be your guy.

It was just one game and maybe he had a bad day at the office, but if first impressions mean anything, I caution about being too high on this guy. He is definitely a long term project. Hope that helps!
Almost the entire offense was out that game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it sportster. It just felt like a throw away line more than an acknowledgement. RG3 had the best statistical rookie season ever at the time. Time did prove you, skinsdad and Shark right. From what you guys tell me you were against the trade and I take your word for it. All im saying is trading up for a QB can hit too. Just ask the Chiefs.

We are not in position to trade up this year, but we need to be prepared to do so in the future to get a guy that can win us a SB. I don't see us picking top 5 under Ron. That's all im saying.
Here is the thing about Griffin. He had a great arm and great straight line speed. Like that 70 yard TD run. He was not very athletic though. He did not have the moves that Lamar has. Hell he couldn't figure out sliding which is pretty basic. You asked if I was excited about Griffin, mid season yes but it was tempered with if he can do what he is doing while actually learning to play the position ...... as you said he and Danny screwed that up. I was dead set against that trade if Griffin was the prize. I did not think he translated well to the NFL.

I am not against trading up but I want to do it for a guy that I think has a pretty damn good chance of making it. You are right though, they do need to find a QB. After Lawrence and Wilson I am 50/50 on everyone else. I like Justin Fields but he is an Ohio State product and when have they ever had a pro QB. I don't know Lance very well at all but he looks like a coin flip to me. I like Mac Jones but not sure if he translates. He does have the accuracy and quick decision making skills needed in the NFL. After that it is throw a dart. You also have to remember you can find guys later. Wilson, Cousin's, Brady and others.

I don't follow players as much as most of you and mostly only comment on guys I have seen a decent amount. It will be interesting to see what happens this year. I have no clue what they might do. Everyone has seen a lot of Lawrence. I have watched Fields in several games the past two years. I saw a lot of Wilson early and a lot of Jones in the last few weeks. I saw a decent amount of Trask and was not crazy about him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout the player not the helmet .

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout the player not the helmet .
I don't scout. I comment on players I have seen at least twice and hopefully three times which means not a lot of players.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he looks like a guy who has a very low ceiling, he's not going to somehow breakout in the NFL.
I put my membership on it